+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Devastating Bomb HP?

Champion

Default Devastating Bomb HP?

So we went in to do Johlen yesterday to see if we finally had the DPS required to take down the Devastating bomb in time. We found that the bomb had 302k HP. Last time we went (early last week) it had 270k HP. So the bomb has 10% more HP than it did previously. I can't find any patch notes that says that they buffed it. Why don't they tell us about these changes?

Ascendant

You still only need 602 (compared to 550 before) DPS per person in raid, considering how little tanking/support/heals you need for the encounter it's not that huge of a change.

You should have no reason to not be meeting that dps req =/...I would look at people respeccing or figuring out ways to max their dps, with flasks, banners, raid buffs; I can not see you not making that timer.

Wait to push him to the blinding bombs. Hope that helps
    Onolawk - 60 Guardian Mage
    Former Maximation Raider

Champion

We usually clear the devastating bomb unless we screw up with the blinding bombs happening at the same time. The issue I see to me is just that they tweak a lot of things without telling us.

Plane Touched

Avoiding the blinding sync up is easy. On the 50% and 25% phases, call your DPS to hold 3% before the mark. Wait for the next blinding bomb, let it go through and the second it dissipates have your DPS turn and focus. You'll never have a blinding and a devastating synch up again.

When your raid gets geared and pretty much everyone is pulling around 1k min, we kill the devestating bomb now with like 8-9 seconds to spare on the timer....without flasks or banners or anything like that, it's just those first couple of weeks where you gotta push through stuff.

But yeah, timing the blinding bombs with devestating is very key when starting out.
    Onolawk - 60 Guardian Mage
    Former Maximation Raider

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Doddler View Post
    We usually clear the devastating bomb unless we screw up with the blinding bombs happening at the same time. The issue I see to me is just that they tweak a lot of things without telling us.
    Read the patchnotes, it was in there. All boss hp was increased in GSB and RoS due to gear buffs.
    www.maximation.us
    #1 Guardian raiding guild. Check us out if you think you have what it takes!

-Opi & Opii @ Shatterbone

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by opaque View Post
    Read the patchnotes, it was in there. All boss hp was increased in GSB and RoS due to gear buffs.
    Are you sure?

* Slightly increased the health of Greenscale's Blight and River of Souls general population NPCs.
    I read that as only trash mobs and not boss encounters, and I presumed that was due to the reduction in number of trash pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddler View Post
    Are you sure?

I read that as only trash mobs and not boss encounters, and I presumed that was due to the reduction in number of trash pulls.
    general population hum... that can mean everything as everything is part of the general population :P
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

The general population is everythign in the zone, they all got a HP buff, it makes no difference. The gear that got buffed gives more DPS then bosses gained HP

If the people just spec right it should never be a problem taking down that thing. Without any CDs popped my raid has 9seconds left when it "dies"
    Inglorious Basterds
    Whitefall EU PvP
    Aleteh - 50 Rogue
    5/5 GSB - 2/4 RoS - 4/4 GP

Yep

We average 8-12 seconds of window per bomb.

All your people should be above 900 DPS.
    Old school raid

pvp

Soulwalker

Any advice for the last 25% of Johlen? My raid can get through the bomb's no problem. The last 25% is where we are having serious issues. We've downed him once, but we still have issue on the very last phase.

We do ranged at the Trees and Melee Stack on tank. It seems that there just isn't enough room to avoid bombs and wisp allot of times. Having multiple attempts where he is at 5% or less is getting frustrating as part of this fight seems luck based on the last 25%

Prophet of Telara

Yeah, gear buffs to T2 plaque and T3 gear should easily compensate for the increase. We went from a 4-5 second buffer to a 6-8 second buffer from one week to the next.

As for the last phase, make sure everyone's stacked on the tank. I know you said you do, but I mean quite literally stacked on the tank. Not melee on the back of the boss, or all around him in a circle. Everyone on his front. Also make sure they understand which directions are safer for the wisp rotations. And that warriors know to charge if they do get blown out. He's still a bit of a bastard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast