+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tired of all this Cleric loot!

Rift Disciple

Default Tired of all this Cleric loot!

First of all I want to state that I am not exaggerating anything in this post. After a few greenscale raids where we got at minimum 1 cleric item per boss(way above the ~25% it should be), I wrote down some numbers from the last 2 greenscale raids we did(Killed 9 bosses total in this list, no greenscale first week).

Generic Loot:
    2 Glyphed Gloves, 2 Glyphed Shoulders, 1 Glyphed Chest.

Generic phyiscal dps loot:
    2 Rings, 2 Daggers, 1 Gun, 1 tank neck

Rogue:
    1 tanking leather shoulders, 1 dps belt(trash)

Warrior:
    1 tanking belt(trash), 1 tanking shoulders

Generic Caster loot:
    1 focus staff, 1 Ring, 1 Wand, 2 "on-heal +SP trinkets"(only good for clerics, our chloro said it never procced when we gave it to him). Both the ring and wand were wisdom heavy.

Mage specific loot:
    None...wow, right?

Cleric Specific Loot:
    2 Shields, 1 one-handed mace, 1 two-handed mace, 2 Helms, 1 Shoulder, 1 chest, 1 gloves, 1 belt. Oh and the 2-handed ORANGE dps mace....let's also add the 2 trinkets here, as they only work well for clerics.

Cutting out generic loot, 13 drops were explicitly for clerics while 13 drops were for non-clerics. In raids before this the numbers were similar, probably a little less skewed towards clerics(like 11 to 15). I won't include numbers I don't have the data for though, since it would just be speculation and memory guessing.

We also see that there is almost no pure physical dps loot. Our guild works on a 3 person loot council-we decided long ago that clerics will never get tier tokens because of how much our other 3 classes(mostly warrior dps) never see loot. At least until we see a change in the gear drops. We have yet to get a single warrior dps item, with the sole exception of a 1-handed axe for our sole paragon warrior. All of our rogues have at most 2 raid items from 5 weeks of raiding(I have like 5 because we do see leather tank drops occasionally). All our mages have at most 2 raid drops as well. Our warrior dps? Oh god I feel sorry for them. Most of them are rocking at most a tier item or a ring-both if they are lucky.

Is this normal? The only other progression guild on our server says it's par for the course for them too. They also get a heavy skew on chain and other cleric specific loot. I realize there are 3 specs to gear for clerics, but it doesn't mean that they should get half the damn loot table...We don't even have a cleric tank, but we pool the cleric tank gear to one of our best healers first. Her gear is almost as good as our actual tanks, just due to random drops.

This game isn't only about loot. I realize this...but it's disturbing how skewed this is.
    Last edited by Equis; 05-19-2011 at 06:22 AM.

Telaran

Sounds to me like you are a slight bit greedy. This should make you happy gear up the people that heal you. Also this isnt the case ive done runs with not 1 cleric drop. Your clerics just had a few good days.

Rift Disciple

Astonishing news: Scientists have discovered that random numbers are in fact random!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by HatePlow View Post
    Sounds to me like you are a slight bit greedy. This should make you happy gear up the people that heal you. Also this isnt the case ive done runs with not 1 cleric drop. Your clerics just had a few good days.
    I'm not greedy at all. I literally have no items not defaulted to me(only rogue tank). I just keep seeing this giant imbalance in drops. We will be runebreaking the next mace and chain gloves we get unless we get more clerics, as they all already have loot in the slots. It's annoying to all 20 people in the raid, everyone agrees lol

Clerics are happy to get gear, but our dps needs stuff too! Do you know how much a 2 handed weapon drop for warriors would help the guild? The dps on a weapon is so important for a physical dps, and we have yet to see a single drop.

Telaran

Just keep trying its random. They will get there **** soon enough. Ive done 40 runes of the same instance and have yet to get the drop i want but i keep going back.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnu View Post
    Astonishing news: Scientists have discovered that random numbers are in fact random!
    I don't think its quite as random as you think, most random number generators have bias

my guild has had the same experiences as the OP, whenever a chain peice drops we now have a saying "oh look! a chain drop!! never seen that before!"

this holds true for T1's T2's and T3's all my guilds clerics have an epic 2h hammer GSB weapon from duke and i've only seen the mage staff drop ONCE... yesterday we had to vendor trash that hammer b/c all 5 clerics had one...

i think it has to do with the fact that there are tank AND dps AND heal chain drops on the loot tables making them drop disproportionately often

and the fact that the loot tables aren't split up 25% chance for each calling's drops

so you end up with
    3 cleric drops (dps/heal/tank) = 37.5% chance
    1 mage drop (dps) = 12.5% chance
    2 rogue drops (dps/tank) = 25% chance
    2 warrior drops (dps/tank) = 25% chance

Rift Disciple

i think all 6 of our clerics have a full t3 tanking set. not a single one of them tanks for us.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    so you end up with
    3 cleric drops (dps/heal/tank) = 37.5% chance
    1 mage drop (dps) = 12.5% chance
    2 rogue drops (dps/tank) = 25% chance
    2 warrior drops (dps/tank) = 25% chance
    Right, and how big was your sample size again?

Rift Disciple

We went pretty chain-heavy last night (which is cool since I'm a cleric). However, I had a dkp-bomb waiting for the relic hammer and it dropped. I was expecting serious rage but I think people were just happy that it wasn't yet another bow.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Agnu View Post
    Right, and how big was your sample size again?
    For me, it's 2 guilds doing 5+ weeks of raiding. Every week I talk to people in the other guild. Every week they confirm the same thing, way more cleric loot than there "should be." The problem is what the above poster said, but it's actually worse than that...

3 cleric item sets, 1 mage, 2 rogue, 2 warrior...

But let's look at trinkets. Clerics get defaulted "on healing" trinkets because they don't proc enough or chloros due to their lack of direct heals(at least this is the case with the GSB one. The T2 proc one is amazing for chloro).

Now let's look at "generic" caster gear(ring, neck, wand). If it has no focus, guess who it goes to? Your healing cleric almost no doubt. It's really hard for a mage to stay at the 220 focus cap without a focus item in every slot, save helmet maybe(it's easy with enchants, but that's not ideal).

What about that focus gear? Does it only go to mages? Hell no...If it's wisdom heavy you have inquisitors, melee clerics and even senticar healers who want it. Hell, inquisitors and melee clerics actually prefer int > wisdom! That means they would be putting their name in for int heavy focus accessories as well(in the ideal gearing sense).

Now let's get to caster weapons...There's no weapon a mage can use that a cleric can't. Clerics meanwhile can use 1 handed maces and 2 handed maces, which are very prevalent.

If you add all those "problems" together, you see that clerics probably have about 40-45% of the drop table. This isn't right.
    Last edited by Equis; 05-19-2011 at 07:11 AM.

Rift Disciple

The problem isnt really the RNG system, as the fact that clerics fill the most roles in a raid (yes of course your raid dont have more clerics than other classes, but thats farily irrelevant), but then thats a design flaw in the game not in the mechanics of rng and loot. I think the RNG is working fine, as fine as it ever does ;)

Shadowlander

I'm a warrior and even I have picked up a full set of t2 cleric tanking gear for laughs. I wear it when i tank t2's since you can faceroll them with any group of ******ed monkey's now.

I agree with the OP.

I am tired of all those cleric drops, esp. justicar loots. We do not have that many justicars, Trion!

You cannot just have equal distribution for each role since mage can only fulfill one role.

I don't believe it's pure RNG since this is general loot distribution after almost 2 months' raiding.

They must just give each boss loot table for each cleric role, which is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

our DKP stats say following loot distribution:

Cleric 86 21%
    Rogue 109 27%
    Warrior 113 28%
    Mage 102 25%

thats from all raids since beginning of march.

feels like half the cleric and a third of the rogue drops are for the respective tanks, which are useless to a big percentage (plus are those that are most likely to rot, so dont show here)
    Last edited by Sondrax; 05-19-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrax View Post
    our DKP stats say following loot distribution:

Cleric 86 21%
    Rogue 109 27%
    Warrior 113 28%
    Mage 102 25%

thats from all raids since beginning of march.
    Loot distribution and loot drops are different. Our cleric loots are now sharded. Plus, you also don't take into account glyph items.

Not sure about why you have so many warriors in raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast