+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trion

Rift Disciple

Default Trion

Why even have lockouts for these dungeons ? The rewards are so small a person would have to run them 12 hrs a day for a week just to get ONE tier 2 plaque item. Every boss before the last NEVER drops an epic item seriously ive done them for a week now id say 40 clears of random Tier 1-2 dungeons easily and ive see maybe 3-4 epic items before the last boss and that drop rate is absurd then throw in the nerf to plaque reward why do them at all ? Seriously why do these dungeons ? You're gonna kill your game before you even get it established.

Oh and don't even get me started on the nerfs to the dungeons themselfs no one wants to do dungeons when the reward is nothing and the challenge is something a 5 year old could do.
    Last edited by Walsingham; 05-19-2011 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Language

I believe there is no lockout if you do random dungeon.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by mrtakedown View Post
    I believe there is no lockout if you do random dungeon.
    Apparently that got broke the last hot fix. It now locks you out of the dungeon by doing the random. Which in turn keeps you from even getting a random pug making the wait in the que indefinate.

Shadowlander

That's if you can get into a dungeon in the first place, Cleric healer role. Join up on the LFG for Tier 1's, hour and a half later still in que. Either Endless has a lower population than I thought and we need to do some cross server stuff for dungeons. Or LFG's still bugged to hell, and population doesn't matter. Eitherway 4th night of this, and I still have yet to run one expert. It's quite frankly disappointing when I have to think about reactivating WoW just to do something other than quest. But hopefully they can get the mess fixed between dungeon difficulty and the LFG tool... Soon
    Last edited by Mamp; 05-18-2011 at 11:11 PM.

The patch hotfix screw thing up or something?

I hate this patch too. not much to say. Unless guys at Trion have something up their sleeve coming in the next 1-2 big patches I don't see myself staying around either. Not much reason to run T2s when it's easy and a huge grind. 10-20 man content for a smaller guild is hard to organise not to mention it's locked to a week.

Raid/Expert rift give no stones, only from daily quest. and who the hell decided we can't stack the quests? Are we all hardcore to have 5-10 same players online everyday just to get those xp/raid rift essenses? Or, ofc, take a few months to achieve.

The LFG tool has been good for me no issues. Issue is it's being completely steamrolled even in pug groups. I've had pugs make huge mistakes but we've lived through them. 1-2 wipes at max only due to stupid mistakes. There is really no fun. Tried doing a T2 in guild last night and it was hilarious, our healer only healed with hots pretty much, I think he was asleep.

Follow Me on Twitter
    Follow Nerds In Denial
    Officer of NiD | youtube Stream

Soulwalker

I completely agree. I feel like I'm stuck now. It takes forever to get plaques. I can't improve my gear from dungeons cause nothing drops worth having. I feel like I'm just banging my head against the wall.

If my understanding of the new loot tables is correct, the last boss has an opportunity to drop any epic from the dungeon. This means all of the bosses up to the last one drop crap and the last one has a huge loot table, which severally reduces your chance of getting any one drop. On top of that with no intelligence behind how drops are chosen I consistently see groups getting drops for Callings that aren't even in the damn party.

Do you know how frustrating it is to play through an instance, get garbage blue drops and then to have a warrior epic drop off the last boss with not a damn warrior in the party?

This is seriously testing my patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuto View Post
    I completely agree. I feel like I'm stuck now. It takes forever to get plaques. I can't improve my gear from dungeons cause nothing drops worth having. I feel like I'm just banging my head against the wall.

If my understanding of the new loot tables is correct, the last boss has an opportunity to drop any epic from the dungeon. This means all of the bosses up to the last one drop crap and the last one has a huge loot table, which severally reduces your chance of getting any one drop. On top of that with no intelligence behind how drops are chosen I consistently see groups getting drops for Callings that aren't even in the damn party.

Do you know how frustrating it is to play through an instance, get garbage blue drops and then to have a warrior epic drop off the last boss with not a damn warrior in the party?

This is seriously testing my patience.
    That's less of an issue. Try running AP 24 times since 1.2 looking for 1 epic drop. No, it hasn't dropped yet. Besides that I've seen the same useless rogue leggings (Attack power one) that no one needs drop at least 10 times. I think maybe 4 times of the 24 times the final epic was something someone "needed".

Pre patch my item dropped off first boss. his loot table, like most bosses consisted of ~8-9 items. that's over 10% chance per day of getting what I want. Now? I think the last boss holds at least 20 epics and I seriously doubt all the epics have equal chance of dropping. If I'm locked to doing said dungeon once a day, that's gona take an average 20 days to see the item i need drop; then obviously there's a chance someone else "needs" and wins it.

this isn't all about me. gaining plaques for guild mates and other specific drops they need as well. it's a huge boring grind.
    We didnt have to have ful plaque gear before, now we do. but to gain full plaque gear now for someone running typically 2 dungeons per evening, it'll take x2 the time to achieve. and more since they didn't need full plaque gear beforehand.

come on, fix this crap.

Follow Me on Twitter
    Follow Nerds In Denial
    Officer of NiD | youtube Stream

lud
    Champion

Sometimes when gaming you will turn on a cheat to muckaround with the game, after awhile this becomes boring as cheating cheapens the game, the new difficulty levels feel like someone has turned on a cheat for the game and its getting boring fast. They have really messed up this patch.

Shadowlander

* Make T2 bosses challanging and not like a pushover as they are now, by going so give them also a higher drop rate of epics. (all of them!)

* Unlimited dungeon runs or atleast like 5+ times a day for one specific dungeon.

* Do a gear check and let bosses drop stuff for classes who are in your party!

* Keep the trash as they are now, but up the drop rates of epic just a little bit perhaps? Been to CC like 15 times and never saw this static shield drop.

Now you can do it once a day, feels to easy and no challange at all. Not able to get the drop you want, and so it can event take days or weeks.

Imo just very stupid the way it is right now and game breaking in a way.

Shadowlander

Back to alt.. so boring now

if alt becomes boring too = end subscription.

Rift Disciple

But, if everyone got everything they wanted from the very first run... why would they continue to run them?

Imagine if you down Greenscale and it outfitted everyone in the raid with a full T3 set... would you kill Greenscale again?

These games are meant to be grindy... because if it wasn't you'd run out of content daily.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Tanay View Post
    But, if everyone got everything they wanted from the very first run... why would they continue to run them?

Imagine if you down Greenscale and it outfitted everyone in the raid with a full T3 set... would you kill Greenscale again?

These games are meant to be grindy... because if it wasn't you'd run out of content daily.
    I don't mind if i don't get a drop in one run. But having a chance to get it like 5% and only once per day... well that's just not good.

Telaran

I think the latest patch was a mistake on their part. If you look at a patch or two ago, it clearly states there would be no lockouts on random dungeons...and then in this last patch, it says there's a lockout.

So either someone is doing a flippity flop, or one person is making changes without knowing what was done previously..

Prophet of Telara

I honestly hope they leave the random instances locked out. It's hilarious to pug.

1 hour, no bites

1.5 hour, bite but 1 party member locked out of dugeon X, but wants/next random dungeon Y except 2 party member locked to dungeon Y, group falls apart

queue time reset

2 hour, no bites

3 hour, bite but everyone has dungeon Z locked but you, you are kicked and replaced

Pure win.

I can understand wanting to keep randoming in-server since it at least holds some accountability. Of course even if there were a cross-server option for LFG, I'm not even sure it would reduce the queue times much since I've already waited for codex matches for well over 2 hours.

Trion seems to be estranging a large portion of their gaming population. More people seem unhappy with the PvP compared to other games. PvE is ridiculously easy and unrewarding. Larger raid content is like playing in another game compared to T2, which prevents most smaller guilds from even being able to approach it.

The game is still quite new and changing so there's plenty of changes Trion will make to better balance the game, my only concern is how long it will take and how frequent and long these bouts of terrible balance/problem/whatever will last.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Markn122 View Post
    Why even have lockouts for these dungeons ? The rewards are so small a person would have to run them 12 hrs a day for a week just to get ONE tier 2 plaque item. Every boss before the last NEVER drops an epic item seriously ive done them for a week now id say 40 clears of random Tier 1-2 dungeons easily and ive see maybe 3-4 epic items before the last boss and that drop rate is absurd then throw in the ******ed nerf to plaque reward why do them at all ? Seriously why do these dungeons ? You're gonna kill your game before you even get it established.

Oh and don't even get me started on the nerfs to the dungeons themselfs no one wants to do dungeons when the reward is nothing and the challenge is something a 5 year old could do.
    your math and reasoning skills also seem comparable to a 5 year old

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast