+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LFD tool now only lets you run each dungeon once per day now?

Telaran

Default LFD tool now only lets you run each dungeon once per day now?

Is this as intended?

Default Lfg

It can take a very long time to get a group as dps, and as the day goes on it will only get harder - more potential teammates will get locked to various dungeons, thinning the pool for a legal matchup.

I'm glad my 50's already have their T2 plaque gear purchased, because it just got a whole lot harder to accumulate plaques. I feel sorry for soon-to-be 50's

Soulwalker

Default Worst part is it can que you for a dungeon you already done

Worst part about this is that now when you que for a random dungeon it will put you in a group attempt to connect to a random dungeon only problem is IF ANY ONE in party has done this random dungeon it kicks everyone out of LFG making it impossible after your first maybe 2 dungeons for the LFG tool to function properly. Yeah they did this because some people farmed specific dungeons but hey if you going to make it so that you can only do one a day again you better make sure LFG puts you in a dungeon that everyone can do so the DPS don't sit there for an hour only to find out it doesn't work and they have to go back to requeing.

This is something you need to hotfix within a few days or you are going to have a lot of upset subscribers.

Sounds like a bug. The patch notes for hotfix 5 specifically call out that while the first time you run a random dungeon you will be locked to it, it should ignore (bypass) any locks when attempting to assign you to another random:

"* Fixed lockouts not being set when finding Random LFG dungeons. Players doing Random LFG dungeons will be locked to them the first run as they would if they entered normally. The Random LFG tool will then bypass any instance locks of party members for any dungeons repeated before the lockout expires."

Rift Disciple

The hotfix5 notes today say :

"* Fixed lockouts not being set when finding Random LFG dungeons. Players doing Random LFG dungeons will be locked to them the first run as they would if they entered normally. "

"The Random LFG tool will then bypass any instance locks of party members for any dungeons repeated before the lockout expires"

The first part is certainly working, as everyone gets locked now.

Question is what exactly does the second statement mean. It could mean that you should be able to join into a random group despite being locked....but that is not happening atm, the tool is creating the group, then having it countdown the timer with the locked members unable to enter, resulting in a msg "you are already locked to this instance"

Rift Disciple

ya this pisses me off i dont mind the nerf i dont mind the reduce dropped rate but when you lock out everyone to only 1 run with the sh!tty drop rates now thats a problem........... if your gonna lock people out increase the drop rates back up and have the last boss drop 2 epics

Plane Touched

This is really stupid if thats the case. The point of both the nerf to plaques and the nerf to epic loot drops was based on being able to now do dungeons quicker and do them over and over. If we are now locked to doing them once a day again then they need to unnerf everything.

I could care less that you can now run instances quicker if you can now only do them once a day. I much prefer a tougher instance prenerf that actually rewards you with more then blue junk loot and 2 crappy plaques. I much prefer that the drop gear is better then store bought crap. It makes no sense to have, what is now ultra rare gear, being worse then plaque gear. Plaque gear was suppose to be filler... it is now the best pre raid. That makes no sense.

Who the hell wants to farm the same boring *** 5 mans for 2 months just to get geared to raid. Way to slow progression every patch because you lack content.

On a side note.... what sense does it even make to give you a lockout on selection if you can get their through random anyways. None... its nothing but inconvience to reque to get the dungeon you want because maby you are only after one piece of drop loot from a specific dungeon. With the drop rates the way they and the lockouts... you could spend eternity trying to get 1 piece of loot. Incredibly stupid.

Do the right thing and just remove 5 man lockouts or put the drop rates and daily plaque rewards back the way they were.
    Last edited by soluss; 05-18-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by soluss View Post
    This is really stupid if thats the case. The point of both the nerf to plaques and the nerf to epic loot drops was based on being able to now do dungeons quicker and do them over and over. If we are now locked to doing them once a day again then they need to unnerf everything.

I could care less that you can now run instances quicker if you can now only do them once a day. I much prefer a tougher instance prenerf that actually rewards you with more then blue junk loot and 2 crappy plaques. I much prefer that the drop gear is better then store bought crap. It makes no sense to have, what is now ultra rare gear, being worse then plaque gear. Plaque gear was suppose to be filler... it is now the best pre raid. That makes no sense.

Who the hell wants to farm the same boring *** 5 mans for 2 months just to get geared to raid. Way to slow progression every patch because you lack content.

On a side note.... what sense does it even make to give you a lockout on selection if you can get their through random anyways. None... its nothing but inconvience to reque to get the dungeon you want because maby you are only after one piece of drop loot from a specific dungeon. With the drop rates the way they and the lockouts... you could spend eternity trying to get 1 piece of loot. Incredibly stupid.

Do the right thing and just remove 5 man lockouts or put the drop rates and daily plaque rewards back the way they were.
    yeah its taken me 2 days to get 60 plaques using the LFG tool and i figure I need about 682 of them for the gear I want , this means its going to take me 11 days to get the T2 armor i want . This is an outrage how dare they make me forced to raid in 11 days to improve my character because i have got the gear I want.

Quote Originally Posted by soluss View Post

summed it all up mate.

Furthermore regardless if this lockout gets fixed, it's now essentially a boring grind. It used to be a grind sure but it was hard and rewarding.

Someone at Trion really needs to say something and something soon. The direction this is going I have little to no desire to continue.

The way the game was before in 1.1, I'd happily play and resub for another 6 months. I'd happily gear players in guild up and grind everything.

How the hell am I suppose to get that 1 elusive item I need from AP now if I'm locked to doing it once a day? I've done xAP since last wednesday 3 times a day, that's 24 times. I've not seen my item drop once. So you guys at trion expect me to log in each day do AP for 24 consecutive days and still not seeing my item drop?

Really?!

Roll back 1.1 and let everyone be happy. I have no issues if mistakes were made; but to further try to fix a mistake by creating more mistakes is really pushing it.

Follow Me on Twitter
    Follow Nerds In Denial
    Officer of NiD | youtube Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Grailer View Post
    yeah its taken me 2 days to get 60 plaques using the LFG tool and i figure I need about 682 of them for the gear I want , this means its going to take me 11 days to get the T2 armor i want . This is an outrage how dare they make me forced to raid in 11 days to improve my character because i have got the gear I want.
    Far from the truth.
    Firstly not every can raid even if they are ready. If you have 20 guildies, are you expecting them all to be as hardcore as you and gain those 600+ plaques in 11 days? what about the drops they need from specific dungeons? It will be less of an issue if the dungeons werent so boring.

Try thinking of other players that are more casual or less fortunate than you. sounds to me your all geared up already and raiding which is why you say such stupid comments.

Follow Me on Twitter
    Follow Nerds In Denial
    Officer of NiD | youtube Stream

lud
    Champion

We normally have 60 ppl on, now only 20 this patch has stuffed the game. The funny thing is it's the casuals who have all but left.

Soulwalker

i can not even que for the one i am not saved to puts me in to a random group with others that are saved we reque a few times befor group gives up

Rift Disciple

wow gz...im getting sick of trion...

my main char is t2/t3 eq ... but wtf are new ppl suppose to do? farm 3month t2 marks?

Telaran

Can we get an official update on this? Is this a bug or what?

Rift Disciple

Bumping.

Patch notes clearly state that while you do become locked to a LFG random dungeon (preventing you from Qing that dungeon specifically or running to it) the random LFG tool should bypass this.

I hope this is fixed (if truly broken) in the near future.

Although I'd like to see how exactly the tool is in error. Could it be that 1 person whom is not locked to and dungeon Q's up for T2's. Another person is locked to say DSM and they Q up for LFG too. Then a third person, decides they want to do DSM and Q's for it specifically. How does the tool handle this, is this still treated as a random dungeon? Would all 3 of these people even be grouped together by the tool?

I know the other night I wanted to get a DSM run in. I Q'd for it specifically. As a tank I never have to wait so when my LFG party popped in DSM with me 2 of them remarked that had hoped that they would get DSM in their random. I asked them if they had specifically chosen this dungeon and they had not. I can see the tool tripping over itself with the new random locks at this point.
    Last edited by Despondence; 05-19-2011 at 04:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast