Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Its time to nerf the raids.

Shield of Telara TheGreatGoogly's Avatar

Default Its time to nerf the raids.

The game is quickly spiraling down. The raids need a small to moderate nerf if they are gonna keep most people interested. GSB especially.

I fully expect nothing but a bunch of self-proclaimed hardcores whining about me and anyone else being baddies that need to go away jumping on this thread. But the truth is that this genre and this game simply doesnt have enough people with the skill to complete the raids as is for the most part.

Ive already unsubbed myself but have a few months left and if things dont change soon Im gone for good. And likely so will be most everyone else. Its already happening.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGoogly View Post
    The game is quickly spiraling down. The raids need a small to moderate nerf if they are gonna keep most people interested. GSB especially.

I fully expect nothing but a bunch of self-proclaimed hardcores whining about me and anyone else being baddies that need to go away jumping on this thread. But the truth is that this genre and this game simply doesnt have enough people with the skill to complete the raids as is for the most part.

Ive already unsubbed myself but have a few months left and if things dont change soon Im gone for good. And likely so will be most everyone else. Its already happening.
    I am in a casual guild for the most part, we do not have more than half the raid as core raiders, the rest are whoever feels like raiding when they log on, the core raiders are ones that never miss raids(but if they are late and no room the casual person gets the spot) and we are raiding GSB. Many of the members are not even full T2 and we are taking down the bosses in there fairly easily once we learn the strats for each one. Once we have the strats down we take them out one shot so no, they dont need nerfed.

I am not a hardcore player and neither is my guild and we can do it, it just takes practice at lerning the strats. Thats the same way the dungeons were, they were hard only until the group learns the strats and then they were easy if you did what you were supposed to.

If you're still around when Hammerknell comes out, I'm sure you'll hate it.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Prophet of Telara

GSB takes 2 hours to clear....

What's hard about that?
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Rift Disciple

I'm in a guild that has raided GSB 2 nights and has yet to down the first boss, and I must say I totally disagree with the OP. The T2 group content used to be a good challenge that felt good when you completed it. Now it's just a grind. If they nerf the raids to be just an easy grind, what the heck is the point anymore? GSB has been kicking my guild's keister, and I want to feel elated when we finally beat it...not to have it nerfed to be so stupidly easy that anyone with both thumbs and sight in at least one eye can one shot it.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGoogly View Post

I'm with the OP, they completly ****ed over any sense of challenge in T2s, so its not going to be much longer before they lobotomize the raids as well. Bring on Guild Wars 2, lets hope Arenanet doesn't break the game like Trion has done to Rift

Plane Walker

I do think they need to nerf the gear requirements for raids now that they have screwed over loot so badly in the dungeons, otherwise people are going to get bored out of their minds before they get the gear they need to raid now.

Sez

Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Tro11.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

T1/T2 are no longer challenging.

Please don't dumb down the only thing left in the game that provides a challenge.

Terrible players should not get access to endgame rewards, plain and simple.

Seriously when are devs going to wake up.

Plane Touched

At least WoW did require at least a modicum of skill to actually do the raids. People called this game a WoW Killer mainly because it presented a challenge through all of its end-game content, now its just a cheap *** faceroll. Congrats on making a WoW Clone

Yeah, they are butchering this game. It doesnt really stand out at all now. It's an exact copy of WoW. At least before it stood out in having difficult content.

As a developer, if you try and cater to everyone, you will lose. You need to pick a crowd, dig your feet in, and DO IT. There are too many game choices out there now, you will not win by cloning your game. Make it exceptional at one element.

Plane Touched

^^ This is what Trion did, and then they decided they wanted to pander to the bads and changed the concepts that made this game good. Now its just a faceroll not much different from WoW, just add rifts that are no longer hold any real value

You can nerf GSB when Hammer's out. Kaythx. Bia~
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

nerf raids? we clear it in 2 hours with a bugged out LGS ....

requirements are easy 200 hit/focus and a fraction of a brain

Shield of Telara TheGreatGoogly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soloist View Post
    Yeah, they are butchering this game. It doesnt really stand out at all now. It's an exact copy of WoW. At least before it stood out in having difficult content.

As a developer, if you try and cater to everyone, you will lose. You need to pick a crowd, dig your feet in, and DO IT. There are too many game choices out there now, you will not win by cloning your game. Make it exceptional at one element.
    Finding people competent enough to actually do Rifts raid content is virtually impossible. especially on a low pop server.

Coming from EQ2 raiding where we never had a playerbase skill problem I can basically lay the blame at the feet of WoW. But it is what it is. Id rather be raiding and beating something than not. So just nerf the content already.

This game is WoW 2.0. Everything else was blatantly ripped off. So just get on with it and nerf the raids too so I have something to do until SWTOR comes out.

thanks,
    thegreatgoogly

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast