+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Simply Disgusted.

Default Simply Disgusted.

I just 4 man'd Caretaker in xDSM with a chloro, marksman, BARD, and rogue tank. The MM was using a blue 30DPS bow.

The fifth player started typing or something after the ready check and got locked out. I thought about just wiping intentionally, but I wanted to see if we could even get one crystal down. We did. Then we got two. And then, sadly.... three.

This wasn't a /faceroll team of T3 players. It was a pug with T1 blues on.

It speaks volumes of how badly Trion has gimped this game when one DPS, a healer, a support, and the class with the worst DPS in the game can four man the DPS check before the final boss of the "hardest" dungeon in the game.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Rift Disciple Atheos of Dimroot's Avatar

This is sad. I remember the first time we actually killed this guy. We tried everything to slow the caretaker's cast bar. (Adds in his bubble, leaving adds up, etc.) I miss the excitement of T2s from back in March. They were like mini 5 man raids

Telaran

haha yea i remember the days when I had to actually explain the fights to everyone with detail and emphasis in the important mechanics. now im just like f it, ok just avoid aoe crap on the ground pulling! and we always still pull through. mistakes can be outhealer out tanked with cds, silly deaths are battle rezed dps checks are.. wait are there even dps checks now?

Agreed.

Repeating myself now ;)

T1/T2 terrible.

What was fun has been made an exercise in staying awake and collecting loot. That reminds me of a game I used to play.

While I definitely agree they went too far with the nerfs to the "Experts" (term used loosely!), at least look at it as getting plaques faster. Take the good with the bad.

Or just...***** and moan and ragequit. ;)

Shadowlander

Huh? What? We still have T1/T2?

I could have sworn i was playing regular mode all the time!

I'm curious what's going on at Trion at this moment. Are they having some ideas to gives us the challanges back? Are they going to?

Right now i just fall asleep at most bosses or talk on the phone while hitting some buttons...
    Last edited by Ferio; 05-19-2011 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mourbid View Post
    While I definitely agree they went too far with the nerfs to the "Experts" (term used loosely!), at least look at it as getting plaques faster. Take the good with the bad.

What's the use of plaque and gear if bosses are so easy? To parade in Meridian?

I thought the fun of playing an MMO is to actually coordinate and take down a big boss! Or decorate your house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

LOL... Faster? Seriously?

1.2 -Dailies 10 and 20 plaques. Plaques from T1 bosses, just say 5; T2, 10. That's 45 for two dungeon runs. The T1 taking between 45 and 60 minutes. The T2 taking between 60 and 90.

Now- Random T1, 3. Random T2, 6. Same supposed 15 from bosses. That's 24. Even if you assume you can do them twice as fast (which you can't, unless you were really bad in 1.1... and still are, it's just masked by the utter lack of challenge now) you'd still have to double the number of dungeons to get the same number of plaques... 3 more, actually, but again, that's assuming they can be done in half the time, when it's more like 20-40% faster. So, T1s now take about 30-45 minutes while T2s are 45-75-ish.

So, you end up spending MORE time, playing less challenging content, feeling less accomplished and getting a measurably lesser item drop reward, just to get the same number of plaques... of which you now need 15-30% more of to purchase items.

In short... grind up, fun down.
    Last edited by Kayden Fox; 05-19-2011 at 02:31 PM.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

at least look at it as getting plaques faster. Take the good with the bad.
    well, they also nerfed plaquegain and made the items more expensive. I'd rather have instances with some meat tbh. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by bubulu View Post
    What's the use of plaque and gear if bosses are so easy? To parade in Meridian?
    farm second set. go!
    Last edited by Gray; 05-19-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Plane Touched

There is no point, unfortunately.

Ascendant

I never did that fight pre-1.2

Does he actually have a mechanic other than burn down crystal before he explodes -> third crystal cast time is really short?

not surprising. pve should be easy mode so that noobs can get geared. otherwise guilds with the most geared members will excel exponentially leaving other players behind and no way to catch up. you're just sad because you geared too fast and have nothing that is a challenge other than GSB/ROS. how about you try some pvp?
    By the way this is more proof that rogue dps is useless. you won't even notice a difference with 4 people if that 5th was rogue dps.
    Last edited by Anomolis; 05-20-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Telaran

The gatekeeper fight has always been a joke if there's a chloro with blight in the group. It pretty much removes the need to even touch the earth crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharizta View Post
    The gatekeeper fight has always been a joke if there's a chloro with blight in the group. It pretty much removes the need to even touch the earth crystals.
    That's not the fight they are referring to. Nice try though? He says "second to last boss." He's referring to the one where if you don't kill the crystals it's a party-wipe.
    Last edited by am0nr3; 05-20-2011 at 10:31 AM.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast