+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pugs and Zergfest

Default Pugs and Zergfest

Out of curiosity , why do you guys hate Pugs ? I have met some cool people in MMO pugs and I had so many good experiances with them . Another is zergfest , last night we overcame a rift through sheer numbers , although uncoordinated , the people I played with was having fun . So , to repeat my question , why the hate for them ?

I don't hate them.
    "It always sound scarier when a hollerer talk soft."

Who said I hated them?

Your statement is very vague and general.

Also... there are no cool people in MMOs.

Op you lie.
    "It always sound scarier when a hollerer talk soft."

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maganda View Post
    Out of curiosity , why do you guys hate Pugs ? I have met some cool people in MMO pugs and I had so many good experiances with them . Another is zergfest , last night we overcame a rift through sheer numbers , although uncoordinated , the people I played with was having fun . So , to repeat my question , why the hate for them ?
    Yeah, I've met my share of nice people in pugs too over my years, but the vast majority of the time there's more frustration and anything else. So, I tend to run with people I know and have built a relationship with...and add the random outsider when necessary. Helps limit the chances for a hair pulling incident.

Sez

I don't hate pugs, I dislike people with an over-inflated sense of importance, people with terrible reaction times, and those who cannot learn boss mechanics.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

I don't hate pugs, I just don't want to do them. Since I usually play a healer, it's an exercise in frustration a lot of the time. Either I'm really unlucky or that amazing pug full of nice people just doesn't seem to exist.

I really don't want to run with a bunch of people where my motto has to be "You can't heal stupid" and getting back into the face of the dps that died and is now yelling at me. I just don't want to do it - not fun. Some people like that challenge, I don't.

I'd rather be with people I know and am guilded with because then I know they will at least be helpful if I'm making a mistake, or will own up to it if they do.
    Last edited by Arielle; 05-18-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

I don't hate pugs, I just find their flat little faces and constant snorting somewhat annoying. And don't get me started on the stare of those disturbingly bulbous eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    I don't hate pugs, I just find their flat little faces and constant snorting somewhat annoying. And don't get me started on the stare of those disturbingly bulbous eyes.

Breedist!

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    You sir have won the internets. Where should i deliver them?

[rant]

I wouldn't say i hate pugs, its just that its such a variable when dealing with them. The majority of people who PUG (note that this is not everyone, simply a majority) have one of the following traits:

Overinflated ego -- potentially a reason they don't have a guild or a extensive friends' list to run with.

Undergeared for XXX specific content -- Fresh faced 50 in greens expecting to go through AP without any Focus/Hit. (I'd do this for a guildy who i have a relationship with, but for a stranger, this is just work without any benefits down the line)

Lack of understanding of the importance of certain mechanics -- These are people who likely never had it explained to them (although i try the best i can to do so), or simply can't get it through their fat head that they need to LoS the first boss of AP when he channels ice blast.

And the thing that bothers me the most would probably be:

Poorly optimized build / gear / lack overall knowledge of the mechanics of the soul they are playing -- These are the people pulling 300-400 dps when T2 geared-- Mages who spec 51 pyro for PvE content in particular, are probably the worst offenders in my (mage) eyes -- much akin to Bards who do nothing but spam motifs. My problem is that these people think they are 'contributing' , yet in reality are doing a half ***'d job at it.

The problem with this is that they don't see any obligation to attempt to maximize their benefit to the group. I'm not saying you can't spec Pyro, just do some bloody research / planning before you go willly nilly. Sure, there is a fair line between forcing you to min/max and letting you spec into something you may enjoy for flavor, but at least do something capable of doing its job. And that's the thing-- that's what your being brought to the instance to do. To do a job, and that job is killing the boss. If you don't pull your weight, i just don't get why your even here.

I'm sure my opinions are going to be rebutted with "F*** you, i pay a sub, i can do whatever i want", but just because you pay a subscription doesn't mean you have the right to be carried through DSM by your team because you can't A) Avoid the earth blasts, B) Avoid the fire crystals or C) are such a hindrance to group damage output, that the 2cd to last boss explodes.

That-- would be the reason i 'hate' doing pugs. Are there exceptions? Totally. Most if not all of my friends i met through PUGs over the time. Granted, most of my ignore list i met through PUGs as well.

edit: [/rant]
    Last edited by Jaxx2112; 05-18-2011 at 07:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchews View Post
    Here's my thought.

If I spit in someone's face, and they go headbutt a boss and the spit gets on the boss, does the spit belong to me or the person that I spit on?

Pugs 99% of the time don't get into vent. Even when you paste the info in chat.
    I hate running with people not in vent. Even lol easy content.

Ergo...

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carolius View Post
    Pugs 99% of the time don't get into vent. Even when you paste the info in chat.
    I hate running with people not in vent. Even lol easy content.

Ergo...
    I have a fairly easy time getting pugs into vent. The problem is that they don't use Push to Talk and you can hear them breathing and drooling the entire time.

http://t2.ftcdn.net/jpg/00/26/59/49/...KAlholwF1e.jpg

General of Telara I Fear Kittens's Avatar

OMG I havent laughed this hard at a thread for a while now TYVM for making my day!!!

(I was going to respond of my opinion of P.U.Gs but i cant top Walsingham's response(s). )

You sir/madam I :: you

(btw why are you not on this list http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-The-Rift-Team
    Last edited by I Fear Kittens; 05-19-2011 at 01:03 PM.
    "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off." Norse Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When it's ready...... You wouldn't want it released before it was ready, right? And you wouldn't want us to hold it back after it was ready, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollolololol View Post
    I am honored to have made your /ignore list

General of Telara I Fear Kittens's Avatar

grr sorry idk why it double posted
    Last edited by I Fear Kittens; 05-19-2011 at 01:02 PM.
    "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off." Norse Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When it's ready...... You wouldn't want it released before it was ready, right? And you wouldn't want us to hold it back after it was ready, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollolololol View Post
    I am honored to have made your /ignore list

You wouldn't happen to be on Deepwood, referring to the run of expert rifts last night? That was some good pugging. A total travesty until a real tank showed up to save my undergeared behind, but a lot of fun.

Either way, /agree

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast