+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Synopsis of week one - new dungeon progression (feedback)

Soulwalker

Default Synopsis of week one - new dungeon progression (feedback)

This post is an attempt to give Trion some feedback on how my week went on the Alsbeth shard (medium server that has recommended status) since patch 1.2. *I was very excited to see the patch but after a week, my optimism has dwindled to near nothing.
    First of all, to baseline a few things: *I have mostly T1 epics (plaque gear and drops) with a couple blue items. *Also, I started the week with about 20 plaques of achievement and always queue with a friend who is a tank (instant queue?..more on that later).
    First time I log in post patch I was really excited to queue up and finally get into more dungeons. *Pre 1.2 I would run one dungeon a night (two if I was lucky). *My friend and I (tank) queue up and waitÖand wait..and perhaps an hour later we finally get a dungeon to pop and we clear it flawlessly. *Not bad I thought as we collected 18-20 badges (donít remember the exact amount). *So now I have 40 badges or so. *We jump back into the queue and it doesnít pop until close to 11pm at which time we can no longer play.
    Second night, we are still optimistic and queue up again, 1.5 hours in queue (with a tank) elapse and still no pop. *Finally we get a pop! YAY! *One dps player doesnít hit accept in time and we get put back into the front of the queue. *1 hour passes again!!!! *Are you kidding me? *1.5 hours to find one dps? *Is the LFD tool working correctly? *Does my server suck that bad? *There seem to be a lot of people on. *Finally we run another dungeon and end up going to bed way too late.
    Third night we thought we would smarten up and shout for cleric healer prior to queuing (tank + healer in the same group = instant queue right?). *We find one and enter the queue. *One hour or so passes with no pop? *Again, we canít find two dps in one hour. *Really? *Do a global shout, and find out there are dps in the queue. *What gives? *So we physically add the two dps we located from doing a shout that were already queued. *The leader canít queue us. *Say what? *We were just all in queue separately. *Group consisted of tank/cleric/chloro/rogue/dps mage and we kept getting ďYou do not meet general requirementsĒ *WTF does that mean? *Every single person met the gear requirements. *If we dropped any ONE person (didnít matter who) we were allowed to queue. *So finally one person rage-quits and we queue and get a pop perhaps 20 minutes to half hour later (to replace 1 dps). *Run goes flawless and I have 60 plaques.
    Long story short, we try and queue the rest of the week and if we are lucky we get to run 2 dungeons a night in a 4 hour block of playtime. *Itís the end of the week now and Iíve accumulated 170 plaques after perhaps 30 hours of playtime strictly trying to farm these damn plaques. *Out of all those runs, I received ZERO drops I could use. *Iím not talking about losing rolls Ė Iím talking about ZERO drops. *None. *My tank friend in all those runs got a BOE shield drop in CC. *Thatís it. *So after a week of trying to grind instances for plaques/gear Iíve received about 170 plaques (One T2 chest/pants is whatÖ235?) and zero drops.
    The system is broken. *There is no way I will be able to grind the same 5 instances for 1 to 2 months just to get the gear I need to raid. *Not happening. *The progression grind should be in the raid tier of content which is based on difficultly and not some arbitrary time sync in grinding the same instances over and over again being throttled by low drops/plaque accumulation. *I love Rift, but the current end game progression cycle is broken. *Let me acquire the gear I need to raid rather quickly then bang my head against raid bosses (real progression). *Right now Iím banging my head against the LFD tool and all the gear nerfs that went along with it - which is not cool. *This is NOT fun anymore.

Soulwalker

I have NO clue why it added all the * throughout the post. 5 minute edit window is about as lame as the game has become.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jazmin4433 View Post
    This post is an attempt to give Trion some feedback on how my week went on the Alsbeth shard (medium server that has recommended status) since patch 1.2. *I was very excited to see the patch but after a week, my optimism has dwindled to near nothing.
    First of all, to baseline a few things: *I have mostly T1 epics (plaque gear and drops) with a couple blue items. *Also, I started the week with about 20 plaques of achievement and always queue with a friend who is a tank (instant queue?..more on that later).
    First time I log in post patch I was really excited to queue up and finally get into more dungeons. *Pre 1.2 I would run one dungeon a night (two if I was lucky). *My friend and I (tank) queue up and waitÖand wait..and perhaps an hour later we finally get a dungeon to pop and we clear it flawlessly. *Not bad I thought as we collected 18-20 badges (donít remember the exact amount). *So now I have 40 badges or so. *We jump back into the queue and it doesnít pop until close to 11pm at which time we can no longer play.
    Second night, we are still optimistic and queue up again, 1.5 hours in queue (with a tank) elapse and still no pop. *Finally we get a pop! YAY! *One dps player doesnít hit accept in time and we get put back into the front of the queue. *1 hour passes again!!!! *Are you kidding me? *1.5 hours to find one dps? *Is the LFD tool working correctly? *Does my server suck that bad? *There seem to be a lot of people on. *Finally we run another dungeon and end up going to bed way too late.
    Third night we thought we would smarten up and shout for cleric healer prior to queuing (tank + healer in the same group = instant queue right?). *We find one and enter the queue. *One hour or so passes with no pop? *Again, we canít find two dps in one hour. *Really? *Do a global shout, and find out there are dps in the queue. *What gives? *So we physically add the two dps we located from doing a shout that were already queued. *The leader canít queue us. *Say what? *We were just all in queue separately. *Group consisted of tank/cleric/chloro/rogue/dps mage and we kept getting ďYou do not meet general requirementsĒ *WTF does that mean? *Every single person met the gear requirements. *If we dropped any ONE person (didnít matter who) we were allowed to queue. *So finally one person rage-quits and we queue and get a pop perhaps 20 minutes to half hour later (to replace 1 dps). *Run goes flawless and I have 60 plaques.
    Long story short, we try and queue the rest of the week and if we are lucky we get to run 2 dungeons a night in a 4 hour block of playtime. *Itís the end of the week now and Iíve accumulated 170 plaques after perhaps 30 hours of playtime strictly trying to farm these damn plaques. *Out of all those runs, I received ZERO drops I could use. *Iím not talking about losing rolls Ė Iím talking about ZERO drops. *None. *My tank friend in all those runs got a BOE shield drop in CC. *Thatís it. *So after a week of trying to grind instances for plaques/gear Iíve received about 170 plaques (One T2 chest/pants is whatÖ235?) and zero drops.
    The system is broken. *There is no way I will be able to grind the same 5 instances for 1 to 2 months just to get the gear I need to raid. *Not happening. *The progression grind should be in the raid tier of content which is based on difficultly and not some arbitrary time sync in grinding the same instances over and over again being throttled by low drops/plaque accumulation. *I love Rift, but the current end game progression cycle is broken. *Let me acquire the gear I need to raid rather quickly then bang my head against raid bosses (real progression). *Right now Iím banging my head against the LFD tool and all the gear nerfs that went along with it - which is not cool. *This is NOT fun anymore.
    Well said. This patch has turned my enthusiasm that I once had for Rift into a feeling of pointlessness to me. There is no reward and no challenge (aside from fighting the LFG tool).

Synopsis? it blows. Give us back the 10/20 dailies that you could take a CHANCE and try and stack. Same for the Inscribed SS quests. At least make the rifts drop them again.

Game sucks because you have a hard time queing? It's too easy but you have a hard time gearing?
    BAI!!!!!!!!!!! can i have your stuff?

Sez

I get groups within 15min in my que. Like I've said before, people make a tool work or not work.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Champion

yeah but i think there is something screwy with the T2 requirements, even last night we couldnt cue for a T2 because 1 player in our group was locked out and we have no idea why. hopefully this gets resolved with the hotfix but who knows.

btw we had 4 ppl and was looking for 1 anything really, shouted got 3 ppl within like 5 seconds and just manually ran the dungeon. kinda screwed out of the random bonus 6 plaques though. on my server at least the DF does seem to work outside of random lockouts, i never sit in cues for "experts" for very long at all.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Plane Touched

Once again the ignorance of people show themselves, OP very clearly outlined a serious bug and you just prefer to troll.

Wouldn't worry too much once you're in a dungeon it's so face rolling-ly easy now you'll wonder why you queued in the first place.

Glad the whiners won out.

It was challenging with one healer in T2 pre-patch it's now a total joke.

+ Reply to Thread