+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dungeon Difficulty> Normal, Hard, Expert

Default Dungeon Difficulty> Normal, Hard, Expert

There is no way one configuration for dungeons is going to please everyone.

Normal Difficulty> First version of the instance for what ever level zone it was.

Hard Difficulty> The current laughable versions of experts. Fewer mobs, less HP, less damage, trivial boss difficulty. Bosses only drop blues, Period. They're meant for the "casual" players that want to spend an hour playing the game while watching TV.

Expert Difficulty> Put the dungeons back the way there were. Same trash HP, same trash damage, same boss difficulty. Loot tables go back to the way they were. Expert dungeons would live up to their name. Not every Tom, ****, and Harry can waltz in wearing whatever gear and paying not attention to their play style or boss mechanics. Mindless zerging will result in many, many deaths. This is meant for those that enjoy a challenge and the appropriate rewards.

I really don't care about the plaque changes. Even though it's better than drops, it's only minorly so. I don't care if it takes a year to get enough plaqs for the vendor gear. We don't play the game to get plaques, we play it to have fun. The 1.2 changes aren't fun.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Signed. Current "experts" are such a joke for competent players it makes me die a little inside.

Soulwalker

Default gotta agree with that one

you keep making this game easier and easier.
    easy translates into boring
    boring translates into done playing
    if no ones playing you dont get payed

experts are called experts for a reason
    thats my 2 cents anyways

Ascendant

Agree with the OP, I'd also like to see an additional level of difficulty for raids but I have a hunch that is in the works,
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Rift Disciple

there needs to be a level 50 normal version of every dungeon then a level 50 expert version that is where the mistake was made. Or a hardcore version for every dungeon we realize experts need to be enjoyed by all but we also need harder versions that are enjoyable.

Oh no it's too easy
    What shall we do for fun now?
    Maybe go cut our wrists.

My Haiku for you.
    基地はすべて我々のものだ。

I would love to see implemented. Or anything that gets a challenge back for experts.

Normal - Same as before

Expert - the joke it is now. 1-2 plaque per boss T1/T2. keep same drop as live now.

Hardcore - old experts, even make it harder. Disable it from LFG. 2-4 plaque per boss T1/T2. special daily from faceless man as before. tone down plaque for quest. update/add drops to be on par with T2 or better. Voila, new 5 man T3 content.

Follow Me on Twitter
    Follow Nerds In Denial
    Officer of NiD | youtube Stream

Soulwalker

Bump

I hope they read the forums..

Plane Touched

There is ample evidence that the read the forums, and ignore suggestions such as this one with extreme vigor.

Rift Disciple

I love how people equate harder = more loot.

If all you want is a challenge, you shouldn't put a stipulation that there be more or better gear... it's the challenge that you are after not loot.

But that's the kicker... no one wants to beat their head against a wall for nothing, so until you figure out a way to make it so that T2 dungeons don't drop better gear than T3 content, you're going to have a hard sell on harder versions on the same dungeons that drop the same level gear.

They could drop 150 plaques per kill... doesn't change the fact that you will already have all the T2 gear you could ever want in short order.

You want new content... not rehashed content. Stop bringing up the idea of dungeons with difficulty dials.

Heck, if you really wanted a challenge, if someone dies, that's it, no more dungeon for them because they can't rez. Start with 5... do something stupid.. down to 4... then 3... depending on who dies, the possibility of even killing trash mobs goes out the window. To make it even harder, all of you are locked out of that dungeon for a week. Let's make it so that perfection is the only way to earn anything in this game. That's a challenge. You up for it?

+ Reply to Thread