+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Trion! You killed Rift!

Plane Touched

Default Congratulations Trion! You killed Rift!

1.2 has killed any sense of real challange in this game, unless you want to spend weeks farming out T2 gears in mind-numbingly boring dungeons its better to either make a new character or just quit and find a more intelligent game.

Most servers are now dead with the population focused on 4 servers, once the IG people i.e the bads and the 'casuals' get their loot they'll quit and then the hardcores will quit once they get bored of rolling the raids with their maxed out gear.

No more game for you then.

Unless of course you fix what you broke and un-nerf the difficulty, give the bosses back their weapons. Right now their hitting with a plastic spoon it does **** all.

Prophet of Telara

I hear there are some dungeons higher then T2.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Plane Touched

They're called raids not dungeons, and it will only be a matter of time at the current rate that they'll be nerfed into faceroll

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbane View Post
    They're called raids not dungeons, and it will only be a matter of time at the current rate that they'll be nerfed into faceroll
    Ok. Just making sure you want to limit your argument to a certain thing and ignore other aspects of the game to make a point.

Carry on sir.

PS: T1s and T2s were Faceroll easy before patch...
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Rift Disciple

Wake up and smell the coffee... once you know the content and out gear it, it ALL becomes face roll.

People say they want the challenge back... what challenge??? You were farming the place already. Challenge is 3+ hours of wipe fests... not a clean run of maybe one death.

What you want is NEW content, not old content with a difficulty dial attached to it. Stop asking for the old content to be dialed up to your level and start asking for new content to be released *at your level*.

Unfortunately for some, the only content at their level is raid content... and if you are unable or unwilling to do that, you are stuck in face-roll-ville from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanay View Post
    Wake up and smell the coffee... once you know the content and out gear it, it ALL becomes face roll.

People say they want the challenge back... what challenge??? You were farming the place already. Challenge is 3+ hours of wipe fests... not a clean run of maybe one death.

What you want is NEW content, not old content with a difficulty dial attached to it. Stop asking for the old content to be dialed up to your level and start asking for new content to be released *at your level*.

Unfortunately for some, the only content at their level is raid content... and if you are unable or unwilling to do that, you are stuck in face-roll-ville from now on.
    op, recognize

Rift Master

To be honest, 1.1 dungeons while on farm they were still challenging in a way you had to think about the bosses and do the mechanics right. Now you just ignore them and aoe faceroll to victory.

Easiest content in ANY game I've played through.
    Pong on my Tandy 1000 was more difficult.

The only time when it feels like any sort of a challenge is if I pull 2-3 groups of mobs at once. And only that because my aoe taunt was nerfed.

The only thing I have left to keep me entertained in this game are 10 man raids and 20 man raids.

Though I REALLY do love the mechanics on the 10 man raid. Some really nice fights in there.
    Tanks - The Masochists of the MMO community!

Telaran

What 1.2 did was make T1 and T2 runs so mind-numbingly boring that it eventually forces people to raid because they simply can't stand the tedium.

T2s still required paying attention. Yeah, they were easy if you were actually versed in the encounter, avoided the AOEs/emotes/spikes/cleaves. However, now they're easy if you stroll in, pay no attention, and blindly swing away.

And yeah... say you're right and we're really just whining for new content... well, why didn't the provide new stuff for use to do BEFORE taking away anything of interest the older dungeons offered?

Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Telaran

T2's a a ****ing joke. No ****ing loot anymore over 50 runs in rd since march 1st not once has the only 2 handed hammer with spellpower/ focus dropped. The trash is such a joke you can pull multiple pulls together and be able to solo heal it. Boss fights just lame and easy now. O have to kill adds here just pull them too tank and aoe dps. It is a stupid joke make making the instances how they are and have nothing drop but from last boss 95% of the time.

Soulwalker

not true at all. i was a t2 geared character and i noticed the difference in how hard the runs were as i geared my way up. that was 2 months ago ish. i rerolled to a new server and my brand new lvl 50 can handle any run iv been on so far easily.

They made t1 and t2 easier for the casuals.

Personally I would have just added a difficulty bar on the instance and upped the drop rate based on difficulty.

Not that I really care, i have not stepped into a t2 for about a month now. I'm glad Trion is making it easier for casuals to gear up.
    Last edited by Vaine; 05-18-2011 at 07:42 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbane View Post
    Congratulations Trion! You killed Rift!
    Maybe it is a hardware failure on your part, or possibly your own brain. The servers are up for me.

Trion hasn't killed Rift.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Oh noes its too easy!

Just have your healer go to a spec heavy in a DPS tree makin the heals lower and DPS higher.

Run with just a bard for heals in T2.

Oh oh or run with NO healer and all CC.

More DPS = faster runs and less times in 'faceroll' dungeons amirite?
    基地はすべて我々のものだ。

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast