+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thalguur Tutorial ( 3rd boss in Gilded Prophecy )

Shadowlander

Default Thalguur Tutorial ( 3rd boss in Gilded Prophecy )

Thalguur Tutorial - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkRGSElXsZY

Other boss tutorials in Gilded Prophecy:

Anrak the Foul - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqPUZbRCgHE

Guurloth - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UyYc68NJiY

My Youtube channel for other raid video fights - http://www.youtube.com/user/jrxc5

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Fun fight, just downed him tonight after downing the second boss for the first time, too.

We were short on heals because we had a fresh 50 cleric who barely had any gear other than BOE/crafted stuff we could get him. Thus we ended up with 2 bards, 2 chloros, and a Cleric. It was ugly.

Everyone is in T2's apart from the few who have received loot from the first two bosses and the first 3 in GSB that we've killed once.

Very healing intensive fight, but at the same time very DPS intensive too. We kept wiping at ~10% due to lack of DPS due to needing to run 5 healers with the newbie cleric. So long as you can get enough healing out of 3 (4 at most I'd say, with a bard), you should have enough DPS.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Shadowlander

yeah it helps now that they buffed melee in there and those crystals now award 40 atk pwr instead of 20 atk pwr. gratz on the kills.

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romorc View Post
    yeah it helps now that they buffed melee in there and those crystals now award 40 atk pwr instead of 20 atk pwr. gratz on the kills.
    Definitely, we had an Anrak kill prior to the mitigation nerf on the mobs inside and killed him nearly a full minute faster the next go. Without those changes we probably wouldn't have gotten Thalguur for sure due to the lack of healing.

wtb more clerics

In fact, I think that's why so much Cleric loot drops: to entice more to play them.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Shadowlander

im surprised clerics are low? i mean warden is out healing chloros now and purifier is such a great tank/melee dps healer. ward of ancestors saves lives as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Romorc View Post
    warden is out healing chloros now
    That's news to me.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Warden's may get close, but good chloro's will always win.

You only need skilled healers for this fight, we did it with 1 cleric (puri) + 1 chloro + 1 bard, our first kill was 2 clerics, but we decided to try with one today and it worked superbly.

Plane Touched

Our tank got credited for over 500 DPS from reflected Fist of Laethys (tho it was our Archon casting the spell, heh).

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hecate's Lover View Post
    Our tank got credited for over 500 DPS from reflected Fist of Laethys (tho it was our Archon casting the spell, heh).
    nice, pretty cool

Shadowlander

2 things.

The sheild he puts up, the longer it is up, the more stacks he gets that increase his dmg needs to be dps down quickly.

2nd . You dont have to move him out of the ground icon at the end, its actually easier to just tank him in it, as the icon gives the tanks a 20% dmg reduction aswell and basically negates the buffs he stacks on himself.

Shadowlander

thanks for the addition

+ Reply to Thread