Closed Thread

Thread: Does everyone need Quantum/Omen Sight?

Soulwalker

Default Does everyone need Quantum/Omen Sight?

Does everyone in a raid need quantum/omen sight to enter the raid/dungeon? or does only one person need it?

One person needs it to enter, and the rest are ported in. However, it's my understanding that if they die and respawn without the sight, someone will need to port them in again....not 100% sure about this part, since I have the skill.

Soulwalker

Unless it has been changed since the day of the patch, the answer is no, they don't.

I "accidently" got omen sight on the first day because I found a random quest to do and was maxed out with planarite. I have no plans to raid and am not in a guild, so don't even need it.

While doing the quest to find a sliver, I joined a group to close a rift. When the rift was closed and still in the group, I used omen sight and moved over the sliver and got ported into it. The rest of the group, to their complete surprise, also got ported into this strange place. None of them had done the quest.

When we figured out what it was, we played around with the trash mobs and wiped a lot (only 5 of us). We all had a lot of fun, though.

We didn't test it (apart from myself), but it appears you can run into the sliver in spirit form if you die and don't have omen sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Aire View Post
    Unless it has been changed since the day of the patch, the answer is no, they don't.

I "accidently" got omen sight on the first day because I found a random quest to do and was maxed out with planarite. I have no plans to raid and am not in a guild, so don't even need it.

While doing the quest to find a sliver, I joined a group to close a rift. When the rift was closed and still in the group, I used omen sight and moved over the sliver and got ported into it. The rest of the group, to their complete surprise, also got ported into this strange place. None of them had done the quest.

When we figured out what it was, we played around with the trash mobs and wiped a lot (only 5 of us). We all had a lot of fun, though.

We didn't test it (apart from myself), but it appears you can run into the sliver in spirit form if you die and don't have omen sight.
    You can, you only need Omen/Quantum Sight to see where the entrance is, if you already know exactly where it is you can go in (at least if you're dead).
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Quote Originally Posted by Aire View Post

You must have done a heck of a lot of rifts that day since the max went from 30000 to 60000 that same day.

Soulwalker

Excellent. Thanks folks. I really appreciate the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    You can, you only need Omen/Quantum Sight to see where the entrance is, if you already know exactly where it is you can go in (at least if you're dead).
    Ok so what you are saying is if you know where the port is, and you are dead, you can port in without Quantum Sight?

This kind of makes Quantum Sight worthless.

Can anyone confirm this?
    I have the Quantum Sight so I it's not a true test for my toon.
    Maybe I can ask a Guild member to die and test.
    "The Lips of Wisdom Are Closed, Except To The Ears of Understanding."

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Darknightosb View Post
    Ok so what you are saying is if you know where the port is, and you are dead, you can port in without Quantum Sight?

Can anyone confirm this?
    If you die inside, you can port back in without quantum sight by moving to the exact location of the door (which is close but not exactly where it shows your tombstone on the map). If you're alive, and I'm pretty sure if you didn't die inside, you can't get inside this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknightosb View Post

Can anyone confirm this?
    Might be a requirement that you corpse is actually inside, but yes.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Soulwalker

Default quest?

What is the quest that has to do with the Omen sight, and where do i find that quest?

Closed Thread