+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: too few plaques for new costs

Plane Walker

Default too few plaques for new costs

The patch notes said "With these changes we expect more dungeons to be completed more often; as a result, the cost for Expert Dungeon merchant items has increased. Overall, this should net a similar or improved gain rate of plaque-purchased items."
    I now have to due two dungeons to get the number of plaques I could get from one before with the daily quest. The LFG tool doesnt work very well and isnt really increasing the number of dungeons people can run in a day. The time to do the dungeons was shortened, but not to the point where I have time on a typical 5 hour playing night to get a second run in due to the time it takes to get a first one together. If I can get two runs in, I get the same number of plaques as before instead of more.. So all the costs were increased and the number of plaques dropped.

This change seems targeted to the people whom have no jobs or lives that are playing 8+ hours a day and have time to get an extra 2+ runs in a day and thus gain more plaques than before.

I used to think playing these games 5 hours a night (all my time after work) put me in the group that played "a lot" but I guess nowadays I must be considered a "casual" player and thus get left out.

You're not alone. If they don't undo a lot of these changes, I'm not sticking around for the mindless farm-a-thon.

Yeah, dungeons can be completed easier and faster. The loot drops are also garbage and the plaque rewards gimped. So, obviously, the best solution is to just grind through them twice as much?

There are so many sets of gear for all the classes, that even if every boss dropped a purple, you still weren't guaranteed anything useful. Now you're pretty much guaranteed a blue no one wants.

I've seen ONE purple drop in about 20 runs off a non-last boss.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayden Fox View Post
    You're not alone. If they don't undo a lot of these changes, I'm not sticking around for the mindless farm-a-thon.

Yeah, dungeons can be completed easier and faster. The loot drops are also garbage and the plaque rewards gimped. So, obviously, the best solution is to just grind through them twice as much?

There are so many sets of gear for all the classes, that even if every boss dropped a purple, you still weren't guaranteed anything useful. Now you're pretty much guaranteed a blue no one wants.

I've seen ONE purple drop in about 20 runs off a non-last boss.
    Yeah, they really screwed the pooch with this last update.

1) Plaque rewards completely nerfed. You can only get them via randoms that you can only do 7 times per week. You get 6 per T2 as opposed to the 20 before. Bosses still drop same rate as before.
    2) Raid rifts no longer drop inscribed source stones.
    3) Planarite from invasions nerfed to you know what. It's not even worth bothering with defending on invasions anymore.
    4) Recipes being reverted back to ingredients from alpha that no longer exist in the game (life, death resist rune recipes).
    5) Cache finder guild perk bugged to be opposite of intention. It seems you actually have a 15% less chance of getting good loot in dungeons vs 15% more. We ran 8 dungeons yesterday and got 2 purples other than off last boss. Only 1 purple we got all day was useful because every other one was a drop for a class we didn't have with us. It's like they purposely look to see what classes you have in your group and drop the stuff for that class only... Seriously, not 1 cloth drop in all those runs and that's the person we were trying to upgrade the most.

This whole thing smacks of a deliberate act to slow people down further and further. It's kind of funny how 3 of my points above affect being able to get your resistances up in your sigils, which is needed for raiding...

This game is fun, but they are sucking all joy out of it.
    Last edited by Rishara; 05-15-2011 at 08:29 AM.

Wait... how the hell do we get inscribed source shards then!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishara View Post
    Yeah, they really screwed the pooch with this last update.

1) Plaque rewards completely nerfed. You can only get them via randoms that you can only do 7 times per week. You get 6 per T2 as opposed to the 20 before. Bosses still drop same rate as before.
    2) Raid rifts no longer drop inscribed source stones.
    3) Planarite from invasions nerfed to you know what. It's not even worth bothering with defending on invasions anymore.
    4) Recipes being reverted back to ingredients from alpha that no longer exist in the game (life, death resist rune recipes).
    5) Cache finder guild perk bugged to be opposite of intention. It seems you actually have a 15% less chance of getting good loot in dungeons vs 15% more. We ran 8 dungeons yesterday and got 2 purples other than off last boss. Only 1 purple we got all day was useful because every other one was a drop for a class we didn't have with us. It's like they purposely look to see what classes you have in your group and drop the stuff for that class only... Seriously, not 1 cloth drop in all those runs and that's the person we were trying to upgrade the most.

This whole thing smacks of a deliberate act to slow people down further and further. It's kind of funny how 3 of my points above affect being able to get your resistances up in your sigils, which is needed for raiding...

This game is fun, but they are sucking all joy out of it.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Default Yes

Yes, unfortunately the plaque rate was dramatically decreased. A lot of players will quickly jump in and say they're getting more but that is based on bad data. If you were weren't clearing experts prior to 1.2 (or did so slowly) you will see an increase initially. If you already were able to complete the daily quests you're going to see a marked decrease. The plan may have been for the rate to be the same but in actuality that just isn't the case. You have to run three tier two dungeons per day to get the same amount of plaques you got previously for running the daily quest. Can you do three tier two dungeons now in the time it took before? Maybe. Do you want to? Absolutely not. That is way too much repetition. That math is pretty clear. If you were already in experts this is a big hit.

If you haven't hit tier two yet don't be so quick to defend the changes. It will now take you longer to get where I am than it took me. I'm not going to argue anything with the difficulty. I just want the plaque rates to return to the level they were prior to 1.2 so I can get the rest of my guild members geared and we can move on. We're simply not interested in running easy repetitive dungeons three times a day with four to five groups.

(The math I'm using is here)
    The Raider's Companion - A comprehensive guide to raiding based on ten years of experience. Now available! Learn to raid, complement your skills, build your legacy!
    The Guild Leader's Companion 2nd Edition - Leadership Through Serenity, Positivity, and Transparency
    @FerrelES

Quote Originally Posted by Kayden Fox View Post
    Wait... how the hell do we get inscribed source shards then!?
    The only way to get them is to do the daily raid rift now it appears. So max 3 per day, and that's only if you can organize a raid rift every single day of the week. In my opinion, this change is completely ridiculous.
    Last edited by Rishara; 05-15-2011 at 09:54 AM.

Rift Chaser

What ever happened to Scott H. saying they didn't want the game to be a grind? He said grinds weren't needed as long as there was enough content. I guess this means they are unable to keep up with enough content?
    Nimec, Seastone

Banned

Cache finder is/was for daily quest turn in, not item drops off of bosses.
    Still broken though. 15% of 6 plaques is still less than 1
    Last edited by Fuzzyballs; 05-15-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Rift Disciple

I've stopped doing dungeons all together - I'll start doing them again when they adequately reward me.

Seriously, who in their right minds would sanction a stupid idea such as this?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyballs View Post
    Cache finder is/was for daily quest turn in, not item drops off of bosses.
    Still broken though. 15% of 6 plaques is still less than 1
    Well, if it's not cache finder causing it, then drop rates are just broken altogether.

Well, if it's not cache finder causing it, then drop rates are just broken altogether.
    The increase in item cost would have been fine with a 10/20 plaque daily. And the decrease to a 3/6 plaque daily would have been fine if they dungeon finder was cross server. It's current state is currently ****ed.
    Let's just thank Christ that they got rid of twinking. It truly lacked any skill to twink.

Shadowlander

I'm now ignoring instances unless I feel like goofing around mostly.
    Reward is not worth the time investment.

Easier to just farm planarite and do expert or raid rifts.
    More enjoyable to wipe repeatedly learning GB.

Expert instances are worthless until/unless Trion fixes them again.

Rift Disciple

I seriously hate parts of patch 1.2.

It just makes life hard for everyone. I am full T2 geared, so no issue. But helping my new 50s geared is zzzzz. I have been trying to get some particular epics too, but I guess too bad about that. The current system is simply a lot of heavy grinding to boring instances that give you totally crap loot and few plaqs.

Random queue can't do pre-mades. No more dailies. Stuck with plaqs for bosses only .... wtf is that?!!

I usually do 2 T2s every night. That will nett me around 44 plaqs. dailies = 20, +24 from bosses. Now what? Only 24 from bosses?? Granted they are easier but still, you you probably shave like 30 minutes off normal time? But you get crappier loot because drops are not reliant. In the end you still have to farm few thousand plaqs to get all T2 from plaq vendor.

I didn't expect 1.2 to greatly extend the dungeon grind.

The LFD tool is a decent idea (though I haven't had much luck getting groups with it) but all that was needed was a reduction of trash mob quantity or health and changes to make bosses more melee friendly.

Speaking for myself, killing any sense of progression (I can now grind the same dailies many times for rep, or grind the same dungeons 100+ times for plaques) makes me not want to log in. I too haven't seen a decent drop from a dungeon boss in days.

Hardcore players will always burn through content but killing the perception of progression for people through repetitive time sinks is a bad idea. Before any updates are released a question should be askedó"Is this fun?"

Simply gave up running the dungeons
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast