Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tier 1/ Tier 2 Expert Dungeon Dailies.

Soulwalker

Default Tier 1/ Tier 2 Expert Dungeon Dailies.

Greetings,

I would like to have a bit of clarification on a Tier 1/Tier 2 dungeon quest issue. I understand that the quest giver for the expert dungeon dailies have been moved. I believe I was able to find a new one - "Lord Olangden" with a tag "<Expert Dungeon Dailies>". However, he does not give me any quests. I have NO daily quests in my quest log.

I'm aware of the plaque rewards for doing Random T1/T2 dungeon in the LFG tool. Are they a complete replacement for the usual expert dungeon dailies, or am I missing something here?

Your response is much appreciated. Thank you.

--------

This is a repost of my in-game ticket. I've tried to research the issue online, but seem to find no definitive information anywhere. Clarification on the issue will be much appreciated.

There are no more daily dungeon quests. Just the random reward ones through the LFG tool

I believe that is incorrect. Lord Olangden in Meridian is supposed to offer expert dailies in addition to the random rewards in the LFG.

There is a bug where some people can't see these dailies (myself included), but other people in my guild have been able to pick them up.
    Last edited by Healer Stark; 05-11-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Healer Stark View Post
    I believe that is incorrect. Lord Olangden in Meridian is supposed to offer expert dailies in addition to the random rewards in the LFG.

There is a bug where some people can't see these dailies (myself included), but other people in my guild have been able to pick them up.

Directly from the patch notes: Dungeon Daily quests are now obtained via the Quest tab in the Looking for Group tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Valcor View Post
    Directly from the patch notes: Dungeon Daily quests are now obtained via the Quest tab in the Looking for Group tool.
    I know that's what the patch notes say, but people are saying they are getting dungeon dailies from the NPC I mention. Also look at the NPCs title "Expert Dungeon Questgiver" or whatever it says (not logged in right now).

Well guardian side we found no dungeon quests, and if you dont use the LFD and go for a random dungeon get no plaques there either, so bye bye having any choice. And on top of that the boss plaque drops that were supposedly increasing .. havent.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by Valcor View Post
    From the exact same patch notes:

"* Expert Dailies have been moved to Epoch Plaza and are now given out by Lord Olangdon."

Something is not working as intended.

Soulwalker

Can we please have a dev clarification on this issue? Or at least a confirmation that an issue does exist?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by paspinall View Post
    Well guardian side we found no dungeon quests, and if you dont use the LFD and go for a random dungeon get no plaques there either, so bye bye having any choice. And on top of that the boss plaque drops that were supposedly increasing .. havent.
    Welcome to the dungeon grindfest to get T1/2 gear. One of the more stupid moves they have made in a patch. Effectively more than doubling the cost of getting the same gear and only minor time saved in dungeons. Has made a gap in our guild due to players who are already geared waiting now on other guildies to finish their set for raiding. Absolute step backwards. I would rather the dungeons reurn to their old difficulty with the old rewards. Logging on now makes me puke in my mouth a little.

I had the same problem yesterday. Dinged 50 and the new guy in Meridian by the war college wasn't giving out any quests. Most of the rest of my guild was getting them fine. Maybe it was since I just dinged 50, not sure. Will check today when the servers are back up.

Ascendant

Not getting any either, but can turn in my old ones there. I hope this is a bug - 12 plaques for a T2 is fine, but only 6....That's a big nerf and will take MUCH longer to get plaque gear that way.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

* Dungeon Daily quests are now obtained via the Quest tab in the Looking for Group tool.

Per the patch notes. I think someone forgot to turn them on.

still not a single daily dungeon quest available anywhere for me as a Guardian.

No npc available and nothing available from the quest tab as patch notes says there should be.

Plane Touched

Ok, my understanding is that the 'daily quest' is your plaque bonuses on the LFG tool. The patch notes say quest tab, but that's incorrect. It's the 7x,6x,etc. in your random dungeon tab.

2 huge problems with this:

1) You have to do a RANDOM dungeon to get it. You can't choose certain ones if you want the bonus.

2) The 'bonus charges' are shared across all dungeons. When I ran a random last night, the #x for T2, T1, and NORMAL dungeons all went down to 6x. This means that you can't do dailies for both tiers in the same week like you could before.

Luckily I still have a daily quest for every T2 (from prior to patch) so I'll be able to get slightly more plaques this weekend when I use up all my randoms to clear T2s.

Edit: I will be submitting this as a bug when I am back in game tonight.
    Last edited by TehKrizz; 05-13-2011 at 03:32 AM.
    My dungeon experiences and builds as a 2h Cleric tank are posted on my blog. All T1 and most T2 expert dungeons complete.

I've also posted the coordinates for all exploration achievements on my website (redesign in the works): http://tehkrizz.net/RIFT/exploration.php

The same patch notes say that dailies are now from Lord O in epoch plaza (for defiants anyway). The only thing he has ever given me is the weekly free expert lure.

Yes, I could turn in my pre patch t1/t2 dailies to him, but with zero old dungeon dailies in my log, he doesn't have anything new to say.

I'm really glad I'm done with T2's more or less, but really feel sorry for the people just starting to run them. It's going to take at least 3x as long to gear up.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast