+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T2 plaque gear better than a lot of best-purple T2 expert drops?

Banned

Default T2 plaque gear better than a lot of best-purple T2 expert drops?

Is this a joke?

Gersh, you tell us you don't want us to gear up through plaques, you want it to be available to "fill out" our gear where we can't get the drops.

Why is it that half of the plaque gear is now VASTLY better than the dropped T2 gear with the other plaque pieces being on-par with it?

Nerf dungeons, check.
    Add dailies so weekend warriors can pull 200+ plaques in a day with almost minimal playtime, check.
    Add LFG so people too lazy to find solid groups can queue up and do the content to get gear, check.
    Buff plaque gear to be better than dropped gear, further punishing people who spend time to try and gear up, check.

Casualization of gear-progression complete.

And while we're on the subject of massive WTFs, why does my SHOE proc at less than 5% chance on single-target heals now? You've made yet another trinket absolutely worthless. Now the only trinket worth bothering to have is +SP because IT ACTUALLY PROCS. Cool. /unsub.
    Last edited by jMerliN; 05-10-2011 at 05:12 PM.

while you are clearly having a good rant, what your saying is completely valid

ran xap atleast 20 times and finally got the epic chain chest from caelia, now today i am better of with the plaque one i got weeks ago, gg (it is now delegated to a wardrobe item for me, so not a complete waste i guess)

i'm just glad i kept the vendor chest and legs in my bank otherwise i would have been mighty pissed off if i destroyed them

The dungeons were challenging before and required you to know your class and maximise your routines now its a joke. Fair enough nerf t1's as the should be starter areas in helping you gear up from 50 to t2 read (already easy anyway but give the casuals something to help progression), why they did this is beyond me.
    They have actually reduced re-playability now

look out gsb and ros your next.. cant wait till i can solo heal hylas
    Last edited by j3w3l; 05-10-2011 at 08:39 PM.
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    Is this a joke?

Gersh, you tell us you don't want us to gear up through plaques, you want it to be available to "fill out" our gear where we can't get the drops.

Why is it that half of the plaque gear is now VASTLY better than the dropped T2 gear with the other plaque pieces being on-par with it?

Nerf dungeons, check.
    Add dailies so weekend warriors can pull 200+ plaques in a day with almost minimal playtime, check.
    Add LFG so people too lazy to find solid groups can queue up and do the content to get gear, check.
    Buff plaque gear to be better than dropped gear, further punishing people who spend time to try and gear up, check.

Casualization of gear-progression complete.

And while we're on the subject of massive WTFs, why does my SHOE proc at less than 5% chance on single-target heals now? You've made yet another trinket absolutely worthless. Now the only trinket worth bothering to have is +SP because IT ACTUALLY PROCS. Cool. /unsub.
    SHOE sucked for single target heals before the nerf....I am pretty sure it was less than 5%. 4k healing on Alsbeth? No ty I would rather have some other piece of crap taking it's place.

Soulwalker

T2 plaque gear should not be better than T2 boss drops. Before it was the player using T2 plaque gear for filling in item slots that did not have the T2 boss drops so the player could begin doing the raids without having to run every dungeon 30 times. Now the purpose of T2 boss drops is to fill in for T2 plaque, this is a slap in the face to anyone who has purchased T2 gear and thrown it away. Yes, I'm very bitter about that since I tossed it long before patch 1.2 was announced that they were improving plaque items. Adjusting for the cost of the plaque gear increase, I've thrown away ~500 plaques.
    Last edited by GNTX; 05-10-2011 at 10:45 PM.

this whole 'rebalance' was a joke - They buffed some of the T2 stuff, but not others and they completely ignored ?all? raid rift drops - logged in quickly from work just to have a look (business laptop so 3fps of horrible) its just stupid what they have done.

my two main rings - Caster ring from cyclone boss in CC (the one with crit and focus) and the Porthos band from raid rifts - which had pretty much the same stat distobution cept slightly higher (so was clearly of superiour ilvl).

Now the CC ring has been buffed and the raid rift ring is the same, making the 5 man ring better than the one from raid content. All these changes did was shift the imbalance around instead of going through ALL of the items and getting it right.

I wonder if that's some kinda sick joke of the developers, seriously.

Before the patch you would fill in with plaque gear and hope dungeon gear drops, since it was better - as soon as one got it, people just destroyed the plaque gear cause they didn't have any use for it any longer.

Now the situation is the opposite, plaque gear is superior (with a few exceptions) to dungeon drops... .

Quote Originally Posted by GNTX View Post
    T2 plaque gear should not be better than T2 boss drops. Before it was the player using T2 plaque gear for filling in item slots that did not have the T2 boss drops so the player could begin doing the raids without having to run every dungeon 30 times. Now the purpose of T2 boss drops is to fill in for T2 plaque, this is a slap in the face to anyone who has purchased T2 gear and thrown it away. Yes, I'm very bitter about that since I tossed it long before patch 1.2 was announced that they were improving plaque items. Adjusting for the cost of the plaque gear increase, I've thrown away ~500 plaques.
    hello m8,

i removed T2 plaque rogue legs and gloves caus i had T2 dungeon drops,
    when i read about the incoming changes i filed a petition to a GM and asked to get my T2 plaque gear back.
    they verified my claim and returned my T2 legs and gloves.

cheers
    steve
    The Unnamed - Bloodb
    The Unnamed Homepage
    one of my favorite quotes:
    "you don't quit gaming caus you grow old, you grow old caus you quit gaming"
    Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by j3w3l View Post
    while you are clearly having a good rant, what your saying is completely valid
    Quite ranty, yes. Some of the gear I have took a ****LOAD of T2 expert grinding pre-nerf, as in.. logging in every day, running it for 1 hr with the same group just to get a single drop. And I helped several others do the same thing. They were superior for a reason. Now all you have to do is sit there and hit random T2 all day until you have the plaques to buy your gear (which doesn't take long), and since they're all trivial now, it's not much of a challenge either.

Gersh specifically said, and I quote, that they did not intend for us to GEAR OUT on plaque gear. It was meant to fill out our gear where we could not get drops, as such, it was intended fully that dropped gear be superior in most respects (outside of some itemization concerns, of course) to plaque gear. If a spellpower chain chest dropped, it would have more points and more armor than a plaque sp chain chest of the same tier, plain and simple. After this patch, there are several T2 pieces that are better than difficult to obtain drops.

It gets even worse with the T3 plaque upgrades. They were HUGE. For instance Damon's chest got a MASSIVE buff but the raid drop didn't. We're now delegating glyphed gear as "BiS" in many cases and dropped gear as stepping stone. I have guildies who chose the dropped chest over picking up a glyphed jerkin for the very reason that the dropped chest was better and hence the glyph could go to someone who's plaque chest was better than dropped. Post-patch, this person has been gimped, considering especially that the chest drops less often than the glyphs.

I honestly can't comprehend the poor judgement and bad logic that lead to these terrible changes. And funnily enough, they precisely contradict what Gersh himself has said. Whoever is in charge of itemization has done a piss poor job since beta and is clearly still given complete control and is doing just as bad a job now. As some have said, even missing such important gear as raid rift drops which have sadly been left completely behind despite being annoyingly difficult to obtain (for reference, I see fully T2'ed people all the time with blue/green cores, and while I do expect this to change over time with good guilds, only hardcore raiding guilds on our shard have enjoyed full epics and full raid rift drops for a long period of time).

look out gsb and ros your next.. cant wait till i can solo heal hylas
    You probably could if flare wasn't changed. You'd probably need 2-3 archons to hit you with it, but it puts a debuff on you now IIRC, so you can't get it again for 5 minutes. He doesn't do that much damage if your raid does it right and if you properly stack resist buffs, the only issue is going to be getting people who are hit by bomb + transmog up with the SF DoT ticking on them. In all honesty, they'll probably die.

Quote Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
    SHOE sucked for single target heals before the nerf....I am pretty sure it was less than 5%. 4k healing on Alsbeth? No ty I would rather have some other piece of crap taking it's place.
    In a raid healing role it was quite nice. Standing with casters meant it didn't hit pets and it usually procced from every aoe heal, and throwing hots around gives it a nice chance to proc too. The calculations put it quite a bit above Lost Favor in terms of pure HPS increase.

Now I have seen people wearing SHOE get it to proc maybe 3 times per GSB pull. That's impressively bad. Nice nerf, Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTX View Post
    The only thing I can think of is that Gersh reneged on his belief. He's OK'd nerfing T2s into worthless piles of garbage that can be cleared in 45 minutes by pugs in T1 gear, so maybe with them being so farmable the drops should be "roughly equivalent" to the plaque gear.

But this is stupid. Those same drops were much harder to obtain before. And having your near slowly nerfed below gear you've already NPC'ed because they're nerfing the content is stupid. All pre-1.2 drops from there should be buffed severely if that's the case, while current drops be left in their unbuffed form.

+ Reply to Thread