+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LFG tool: Level range is way too small for normal dungeons

Shadowlander

Default LFG tool: Level range is way too small for normal dungeons

As an example, Runic Descent has a level range of 38-41 for players to enter. I have 2 characters who are both 43 and 45 respectively. Neither are allowed to LFG in that dungeon with the level range you put in. Both of my characters though still need faction to get the belt enchant. Please increase the level range on all normal dungeons upward so that players have more choices. Of course I dont mean have players queue where all mobs are grey to them but what you have now is just way too strict. It was hard enough getting a group together before this tool, but if I want to run RD on either toon, Im basically screwed because most will use the LFG tool instead. How you have it now everyone gets only 1 dungeon to queue for while leveling. Seems way too strict and confines too many who still need drops or faction.

No need to revise the level range downward since if you are below 2 levels of the mobs, your damage takes a huge hit.

In my example again, Runic descent should be for lvls 38-46.
    Last edited by Kellek; 05-10-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Ascendant

THIS, seriously.
    Whenever I ran a dungeon, I try to be way over the dungeon's req, because I want to get the run done even if our team sucks ( and I certainly don't feel like doing it twice if first try doesn't work... Hell I skip most dungeons ).

It's always good when a few players ( ideally, tank and/or healer ) are higher level than the dungeon.

with these level ranges, there will be tons of groups of undergeared and underlevelled players, with no high level guys to make up for the group's flaws.

Unless it's fixed, get ready to spam chat again because most LFG groups will fail.
    I mean, it was already hazardous enough to get 5 randoms together and hope none of them is brain dead...

Oh, and not to mention that on most low/mid pop servers, getting 5 people in those level ranges ( basically, anything but IT/ROFT and the 50's ) will be nearly impossible.

This is something WoW did in their LFD which I always hated.

The minimum level should be high enough to function (ie a group with everyone at that level should be able to clear the instance). But the maximum level? Why even have one?

Do people really not want level 30s to join their Fae groups? I know there are a few diehard like a challenge types who would prefer to do it with people of the appropriate levels but the vast majority don't want any maximum level at all.

And I certainly think that saying level 42s can't join RD groups is ridiculous. What colour are the mobs at 42? Don't think they even con green.

Another aspect is that for people who want to level mainly by instancing this creates "hell levels" where there isn't an instance you're allowed to queue for.
    Guild Leader of Serenity on Bloodiron EU PvP
    I blog at http://stabbedup.blogspot.com/

The way i feel about this is that as long as you can get experience from the mobs that you kill (at least green) than you should be able to enter. The four level range most lower level dungeons have is pretty rediculous and is crippling the smaller populated shards chances of group finding
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day." -George Carlin

Rift Disciple

Wow.

Seriously, wow.

Are people that lazy that they want to be run through everything? The point of the instances is to gear up and learn how to function in a group. If you go in as a higher level, there is no gear for you. If you have a higher level run you through, you don't learn the basic of playing in a group!

There is something wrong with people today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyous
    Conversing with you is not like conversing to an adult - It is like talking to a potted plant, and hoping it will grow.

Definitely could use some leeway. Pretty tight level restrictions on dungeons that not many people do already.

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcnelis View Post
    Wow.

Seriously, wow.

Are people that lazy that they want to be run through everything? The point of the instances is to gear up and learn how to function in a group. If you go in as a higher level, there is no gear for you. If you have a higher level run you through, you don't learn the basic of playing in a group!

I don't think people necessarily want to be run through, i just think most want the level bracket to be broadened a bit so finding groups for the lower levels is a tad easier.
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day." -George Carlin

Soulwalker

Default Yes thank you.

I totally agree. I'm a level 30 ranger and sat in the que for about 2 hours and nothing. I think your solution or a multi server system would work nicely as well. Just hate waiting. Tired of questing and want to do a little dungy dungy.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcnelis View Post
    Wow.

Seriously, wow.

Wow.

Seriously, wow.

Are people that lazy that they don't read the threads they reply to? This thread is about level 42s being ineligible for RD. I was the only poster who suggested that there should be no maximum, the thread is about the issue that the current maximum is lower than the suggested levels given by Trion a few weeks ago.
    Guild Leader of Serenity on Bloodiron EU PvP
    I blog at http://stabbedup.blogspot.com/

Rift Disciple

I was also very disappointed with how narrow the choices were for regular dungeons. I get alot of enjoyment and fun out of dungeons even after they become lower level.

Telaran

I totally agree. The way it is set up you can only queue for one specific dungeon if you are below level 48. They need to increase the upper limit of each of the instances by about 3 levels so there will be some overlap.

Make sure to leave feedback in game.

Rift Disciple

I'm trying to learn how to heal but with a tight bracket it's harder. I agree there should be a little more flexibility there.

At level 41, I am only eligible for Runic Descent (38-41). I would love to queue for King's Breach (33-37), whose mobs would be green for me...or Lantern Hook (42-47), whose mobs would be yellow for me (perhaps red for bosses...but, as a healer, is this really relevant?). I spent >3 hours in LFG this evening (two queues, since I needed a PvP break from the PvE grind) without any success.

I know this is a different topic, but I fully support Trion implementing an OPTION for cross-shard LFG. Many people on the fora seem to harbor a religious opposition to cross-shard LFG (and, yes, I understand the arguments, having played the Other Game since long before it had LFD capability). However, the population of Rift's shards seems inadequate to enable reasonable queue times before level 50 (reasonable defined as <1 hour queue time). Please, Trion, either merge shards or allow cross-shard OPTION for those who don't want >2 hour queue times for their alts. Thanks.

--
    Dreamquencher

Soulwalker

Red face

I agree with this thread. As long as they don't expand the lower end of the ranges, I don't see a problem with this. If there is a piece of gear that I really needed from an instance that was a lower level than me, I would be pretty pissed if I couldn't get in. I agree with what people above said. If the mobs are at least green(and not grey), I honestly don't see the problem.

Shadowlander

/signed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast