+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wrath of The Lich King Dungeons

Telaran

Default Wrath of The Lich King Dungeons

Rift dungeons now pose no challenge to heal as I mash random hots and win every time.

Pretty sure ezmode **** is why I quit WoW >.>

Soulwalker

The best thing they could do for this game is to make the 5 man content exactly like ROTLK. Video games are meant to be fun, and there's nothing fun about spending an extra hour forming a group because you need a second healer, or wiping over and over and over and over because you finally decided to try without one. Beyond that, a highly challenging dungeon crawl that fatally punishes even the smallest mistake might sound fun the first time or two you run it, but you're talking about content that needs to be farmed. After the first few runs you're just adding hours of time you need to spend in a boring dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Murasane View Post
    The best thing they could do for this game is to make the 5 man content exactly like ROTLK. Video games are meant to be fun, and there's nothing fun about spending an extra hour forming a group because you need a second healer, or wiping over and over and over and over because you finally decided to try without one. Beyond that, a highly challenging dungeon crawl that fatally punishes even the smallest mistake might sound fun the first time or two you run it, but you're talking about content that needs to be farmed. After the first few runs you're just adding hours of time you need to spend in a boring dungeon.
    Oh God... Make friends. MMO games are about make community around you. The worst thing is ppl think they can do solo with stupid LFD. In anonymity.

For me are experts end game. Yes they are. I dont have time for raids, rift raids, expert raids... What I only Only want to do is log in do 1-2 expert dungeons. And then log off. I dont want to expert dungeon for 20 minutes. It should be long and pain. Not faceroll. If one dungeon takes 2 hours its perfect.

I left WoW becouse this. I think RIFT would be like WoW:TBC. It was... But its not anymore. ITs almost same game like WotLK or Cata.

dungeons were not hard to begin with, the group of people i play with do every dungeon t1.t2, with 1 mage healing and that is IT.

i have been at work all day so i havent been able to try anything but if it is as easy as people on forums are saying i dont think i will want to do them anymore.
    they were to easy as it was, if they are easier...... no thank you.

Yeah it's a joke now. Don't mind Mura, it's not his fault he/she doesnt want to actually earn things.

Quote Originally Posted by soloist View Post
    Yeah it's a joke now. Don't mind Mura, it's not his fault he/she doesnt want to actually earn things.
    haha Its wrath baby. Only "me me me me. I want everything"

There are quite a number of achievements to go for. Besides, no one is stopping you from running instances naked and posting videos on how 1337 you are.

Telaran

Joy... The last thing I wanted to be reminded of was wotlk.

I agree with previous statements. T1's were easy before, t2's were challenging at first, but became fairly simple after a few runs. So now they nerfed them down to mindless runs of aoeing everything. Ya.. that really is fun right?

Quote Originally Posted by Reyo View Post
    There are quite a number of achievements to go for. Besides, no one is stopping you from running instances naked and posting videos on how 1337 you are.
    Becouse doing achievements is really fun.... (sarcasm)

Not everybody that is competent fits your stereotype. Perhaps we don't pick our noses and want something harder than tetris? It's tragic that they cater to just casuals and bore the rest.
    Last edited by soloist; 05-10-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Telaran

The goal of the game is to acquire better gear... why would we want to not use the gear we spent time getting?

If you really like the dungeons the way they are (no cc required, pulling 2 groups at a time and aoe, and bards almost being able to solo heal most t1's) then you have a completely different sense of enjoyment and could not possibly understand why people who prefer challenge are disappointed.

We would like the option to do harder 5 mans, why is that such a bad thing?
    Last edited by Argotto; 05-10-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Argotto View Post
    We would like the option to do harder 5 mans, why is that such a bad thing?
    Wow mentality: everything's free.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by soloist View Post
    If I wanted to "earn" things I'd do it in real life where it might actually matter. I don't play video games to substitute a sense of accomplishment that I can't find in my regular life, I play them to have fun. And what you fail to realize about them "catering to casuals and boring the rest" is that the casual outnumber the rest by several magnitudes. If a company wants their game to service a small niche market, they would cater to hard core players. If a company wants to grow it's business, and bring in new customers, they will cater to casual players.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Murasane View Post
    If I wanted to "earn" things I'd do it in real life where it might actually matter. I don't play video games to substitute a sense of accomplishment that I can't find in my regular life, I play them to have fun. And what you fail to realize about them "catering to casuals and boring the rest" is that the casual outnumber the rest by several magnitudes. If a company wants their game to service a small niche market, they would cater to hard core players. If a company wants to grow it's business, and bring in new customers, they will cater to casual players.
    You realize that is what an MMO is and what they have always been right?

There are thousands of games out there to choose from... why choose the genre that is the most time consuming if you aren't able/willing to put time forward to achieve certain things?

Telaran

Patch hasn't hit Europe yet but I hope the new dungeons are fun.

People on the forums make them sound like they are boring and not fun at all.
    It would be a shame if that is the case.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast