+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is the LFG tool working for you?

Default Is the LFG tool working for you?

I'm from the PvE shard Galena and everyone I've spoken to has been in queue for over an hour and has not gotten into anything. This is from level 17s trying to do ROTF all the way to guildmates looking for t1 and t2s.

I've heard loads of people talking about it in sanctum, silverwood, 50, and other chats. There appears to be a large number of people queueing but no one has been able to get into a group yet.

I think the LFG tool may be broken, at least on our shard.

Shadowlander

I was just about to post on this when i saw your thread. I was in the queue over an hour on Laethys. Finally just logged. Now from what I read from you, I really hope it is a bug.

No dice on my server (gnarlwood) either. Been in the que for random for over an hour now as a healer and still nothing. Just resorted back to doing warfronts until its fixed. It's most definately a bug
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day." -George Carlin

Soulwalker

Same thing on my shard. Over an hour in Que and nothing. lvl 25 dps as well.

Negatory. Queued as healer/dps on my cleric for >3 hours (two queues, with a PvP interlude) without any success. I suggest Trion immediately implement cross-shard LFG as an OPTION (with intra-shard LFG as default, to assuage those who fear inability to control grouping with cross-shard losers), in order to enable queue times <2-3 hours for freaking healers...let alone DPS. The only other options I consider viable would be to 1) implement "Battlegroups" of multiple shards, to increase the number of level 41s (for example) who are LFG or 2) merge shards until the number of players is sufficient to enable queue times < 1/2 hour, ideally. Thanks.

--
    Dreamquencher

Literally 2.5 hours in que on my bard. With a random selection. On Keenblade. Not a exactly a low density server.

Frankly, I liked the LFG tool in DDO, where if I wanted to form a group, players flagged as available were listed and I could tell/invite them. Regardless of level or class. This seems, well, random.

Prophet of Telara

I can Queue for T1s on my Cleric. I can't for any T2. I mouse over the ? (And this was with a group of T3 geared other players) I met the requirement for everything.

270 Wisdom, 100 Focus, 100 Toughness (in tank) etc and still says i'm ineligble
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Exphryl View Post
    I can Queue for T1s on my Cleric. I can't for any T2. I mouse over the ? (And this was with a group of T3 geared other players) I met the requirement for everything.

270 Wisdom, 100 Focus, 100 Toughness (in tank) etc and still says i'm ineligble
    this is apparently fixed with the update just deployed. Let's hope it works

Champion

On Gnarlwood, I queued as a tank with a friend who queued as a healer, we got a group within 10 seconds. Not bad.

Soulwalker

On my server "quarrystone or whatever it's named - we've all tried to que solo, que as a group of 4 while two others que solo, and so on. We've never got that damn thing to work -.-'

Soulwalker

Assuming it isn't bugged and simply a lack of people queuing...it could be that people just aren't using the LFG tool yet. Unless you were anxious for 1.2, you may just log in, see a patch (which happens frequently it seems), and log in not realizing there is a new LFG feature.

If it isn't broken, hopefully it gets better as more and more people use it. I would hate to imagine them enabling cross-shard LFG because it kills the community.

Soulwalker

Also not a guarantee that it is broken, but what I have noticed is that the tool seems to either find you a group within the first 15 minutes or so, or then just stops trying. I used it several times yesterday, and each time I would get multiple group ready check box type things pop up early on. Most of the time it said someone wasn't ready and the group failed. A couple of times the group actually worked. Then last night I queued and it did the same thing, but none of them actually worked, then after about 15 - 30 min I stopped even getting any of the failed group messages. Then I exited the queue, and rejoined, and within probably 5 minutes I had a group. There definitely seems to be some things that just aren't working right with it that aren't completely related to the number of people queued.

Dip
    Soulwalker

Was in the LFG tool for two hours yesterday, it put together a group twice to only have someone not hit ok both times.

This LFG tool may need to be repaired but it also needs to be cross server, for the people that have jobs and do not have time to sit around waiting to get a group together.

Maybe this tool needs a check box to make it cross server so that people worried about the community can just uncheck it and still be able to use it for server only. But for the people that have jobs and dont have the time to waste waiting for a group this tool needs to be cross server. It already takes way to long to get into a warfront on my server.

Ascendant

It hasnt reduced spam by a significant level (as people seem to be stuck in queue pretty often and complain about it)

so no, it hasnt had the effect i would have liked.

Shadowlander

Well I queued and basically had 7 cancelled groups. Each group almost forms, one person cancels (appears to be the tank each time,) and back to queueing.

Could be compounded by the lack of tanks and clerics.. so nothing is solved.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast