+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is Plaque of Achievement income like now?

Soulwalker

Default What is Plaque of Achievement income like now?

I know they said they were increasing the per-boss rewards and reducing the quest rewards so your income would stay roughly the same, even if you couldn't get the very last boss. What's per-boss income like now? How much do you get per boss? Is it 2 per t1 and 4 per t2, or less?

I know they increased the cost of all items by a lot. How much did those go up?

Telaran

Default Plaques

I'm getting 2 per boss in a T2 right now.

Soulwalker

So unchanged? So they cut income and increased item costs?
    Last edited by Sappo; 05-10-2011 at 11:50 AM.

With the upcoming addition of the Looking for Group tool, we're also in the process of tuning our Expert Dungeons to be completable with one appropriately geared healer per group, instead of frequently requiring a second full healer on top of support heals. Additionally, the power of the items purchased from the Expert Dungeon stores has increased to assist gearing up for further challenges. With these changes we expect more dungeons to be completed more often; as a result, the cost for Expert Dungeon merchant items has increased. Overall, this should net a similar or improved gain rate of plaque-purchased items.
    Nowhere did I see anything about a buff to boss drop rates and a decrease to the daily 10/20 quest rewards. If you random queue, you get 3/6 more.

Stop crying.

Yes. Apperently instead of 10 plaques for a t1 quest, you now get 3. The bosses still drop one plaque. So basically a bunch of undergeared noskilled kids cried "Experts are too hard!!" and so they nerfed the experts to be easier, and they also nerfed the plaque rewards.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by soloist View Post
    Nowhere did I see anything about a buff to boss drop rates and a decrease to the daily 10/20 quest rewards. If you random queue, you get 3/6 more.

Stop crying.
    Early on they said that their stated intent was to change how much plaque income was loaded on the quests and shift it to bosses so groups that couldn't quite finish a dungeon didn't lose so much. It may not be in the patch notes now, but I certainly remember seeing it and I am wondering why it changed.

So they're converting effort to grind? I assume that makes PvE gear just as difficult to get as PvP gear. They probably preemptively made the change to prevent all of the incoming whine about PvP players getting so much awesome gear for afking all day.

Now PvE players can get gear for afking all day for 2 weeks straight as well.

+ Reply to Thread