+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm so glad I rushed to 50 and did T2's

Plane Walker

Default I'm so glad I rushed to 50 and did T2's

With all these gear update and dungeon nerfs I am so glad I rushed to 50. I hit 50 I think 4 days (?) after the pre-order release, started doing T1's that same night, and T2's the next night.

I remember for SOME REASON Fae was my first T1, hahaha what a mistake. I think we spent 4 hours in their before we finished it. Totally not worth it. The next day I did IT and something else. The next day I missed out on everything because we had an odd number of 50's. The next day I got into a guild group that ended up being my static group for the next 2 months.

To this day the most fun I have had in this game was in those T2's for the next 2 weeks. I still remember our first DSM run, holy crap gatekeeper was HARD. Scarn pre-nerf was hahaha hard. We learned all of the fights by trial and error. Wiping several times ha. One boss we wiped 20+ times to until he felt sorry and bugged to just stand there and let us kill him.

Doing T2's in the first 2 weeks of RIFT was amazing. Now those were challenges. Horribly itemized gear + hard fights meant a lot of fun.

I would honestly say I may have ended up leaving RIFT if I had leveled and started doing these nerfed dungeons. For how ever long I play RIFT I will always remember how much fun and how hard those dungeons were.

Sadly, people like you and myself are the minority. Everyone wants free epics and posted strategies to every fight in the game. There needs to be a new term for people who don't like challenges, because it is an insult to true gamers.

Plane Walker

You can always, you know, just not look at guides. I did my fare share of dying and figuring out the encounters in T1's and T2's. I wasn't 50 in 4 days, but was within around 8 days (having a job sucks).

Overall, I do agree with what you are saying. I also find it funny that many "hardcore" guilds, that think they are real gamers, simply just look up strats and follow videos. That isn't gaming, it is really cheating. Gamers these days don't have the patience to figure anything out for themselves, and the gaming industry has forced people down this road.

It is pretty sad honestly, I personally can't wait for a game made for actual gamers. Something difficult. Something frustrating and challenging. It makes the sense of accomplishment so much better. The only sense of accomplishment I have really felt in this game so far was killing Hylas and GS, as they were difficult at the time due to figuring out strats and what not. But overall, most of the content in this game feels pretty easy to me.

Soulwalker

I agree also, At this day I'm full T2 epic and I don't need a single item from a T2 anymore so I don't care about all the nerfs, but rly, I find it very sad and non-rewarding for those who hit lvl 50 now...
    Bloodsmith - Firesand (EU)

Quote Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
    With all these gear update and dungeon nerfs I am so glad I rushed to 50. I hit 50 I think 4 days (?) after the pre-order release, started doing T1's that same night, and T2's the next night.

I remember for SOME REASON Fae was my first T1, hahaha what a mistake. I think we spent 4 hours in their before we finished it. Totally not worth it. The next day I did IT and something else. The next day I missed out on everything because we had an odd number of 50's. The next day I got into a guild group that ended up being my static group for the next 2 months.

To this day the most fun I have had in this game was in those T2's for the next 2 weeks. I still remember our first DSM run, holy crap gatekeeper was HARD. Scarn pre-nerf was hahaha hard. We learned all of the fights by trial and error. Wiping several times ha. One boss we wiped 20+ times to until he felt sorry and bugged to just stand there and let us kill him.

Doing T2's in the first 2 weeks of RIFT was amazing. Now those were challenges. Horribly itemized gear + hard fights meant a lot of fun.

I would honestly say I may have ended up leaving RIFT if I had leveled and started doing these nerfed dungeons. For how ever long I play RIFT I will always remember how much fun and how hard those dungeons were.
    Wow that is amazing. Can I give you a blow job?

Rift Chaser

I wish MMOs would take a page outta the JRPG line sometimes. If you've played Demon's Souls on the PS3, you know what I am talking about. That game was so much fun for a hack and slash, scripted fight, but it was challenging and took skill to get done. It wasn't about having X gear (that just made it a bit more forgiving) it was about player skill.

Completely agree OP. Nothing quite compares to the first few weeks of a new MMO. While I wasn't able to mimic what you did with Rift because of work, so I got carried through my first set of t2's by guildies lol. However, I rushed WotLK/Cata and was one of the first 80/85's on the server. The next couple weeks of running heroics and the first couple weeks of raids were complete blast.

I did the same with EQ2 when it first came out as well. Leveling with a few good friends, staying up late through the night, the jokes after 36 hours of no sleep, and hitting content before nerfs is what makes MMO's so so fun. Mostly my friends but yeah, good content to play through makes it that much better.
    Last edited by ethix; 05-10-2011 at 10:31 AM.
    Brynx <Myth> Mage of Seastone

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by deltron80 View Post
    Wow that is amazing. Can I give you a blow job?
    Good luck finding it under all those gelatinous gut folds

Plane Touched

Translation: "I miss when I was the only one with T2 gear and everyone thought I was leet. I need to make a post about that time so that maybe I can get my ego stroked."
    I have probably killed you.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    Translation: "I miss when I was the only one with T2 gear and everyone thought I was leet. I need to make a post about that time so that maybe I can get my ego stroked."
    Or these new dungeons make me want to cry. How about I post about being one of the few with full T3, relic etc? That would stroke my epeen more than admitting I wasted a week of my life grinding to 50 in an MMO, not exactly something to stroke your epeen about, ****.
    Last edited by KetMalice; 05-10-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Wow nice post! My experience was very much the same. Those were good times.
    Mystra <Catalyst>

General of Telara

i missed dsm .... im sad , i feel ive lost an incredible (painful) experience... im really sad, rift lost alot of reputation from me, to glorified to friendly

Plane Touched

I missed being able to do real T2's.

That was the last straw. I quit.

aux

When I look back at a MMO I played, what I remember is not the endless grinding of easy content... but what I remember is the difficult fights that we won. The challenges we faced. The fights we DIDN'T win. Our great victories.
    The easy content? Who cares. Forgotten before we even move on to the next game.
    I'm so BORED

I am so glad I rushed to 50.
    What is it with you people, any game or content that is released and you have to rush through it as quickly as possible?! How about you just take your time and actually enjoy the game and surroundings? Maybe even stray off the path once in a while to adventure and find things you wouldn't normally see.. take off your horse blinders!

It's this rush rush rush attitude that kills any kind of gaming community. People enter dungeons without speaking and the devs find they have to keep adding content and tools to cater for you to speed up your experience otherwise you end up crying and moaning.

Really *isses me off!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast