+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Legendary Wand...Legendary Fail!!!

Soulwalker

Default Legendary Wand...Legendary Fail!!!

Can someone explain me how this item makes sense?

http://rift.xanadu-community.com/ite...iewItem&id=939

Got this yesterday as a mage cause obviously no one wants it, and better than sell it to the vendor, was a little upgrade for me...

But really HOW that can be a legendary item?

is for Cleric Tank? and the focus?

or is for Cleric healer or like MageSomething??? and the dodge?????

this item really have no sense, even amongs relics this don't have the summation of stats to be a relic....

Please Trion fix this!!!

Plane Touched

Yeah looks like a cleric tank wand. You should have had someone runebreak it Honestly though, just be glad you didn't get the Alsbeth bow, now THAT is a real joke for a legendary.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by NerfedCobra View Post
    is for Cleric Tank? and the focus?

or is for Cleric healer or like MageSomething??? and the dodge?????
    Try losing the "each class has ONE role only" view of the game and you may begin to see the usefulness of mixed stats like this.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    Try losing the "each class has ONE role only" view of the game and you may begin to see the usefulness of mixed stats like this.
    Yep. We did Alsbeth with warriors as tanks, rogues and mages as dps and clerics healing. Is there really ANY OTHER way..?

stop complaining cobra stack more endurance and make more pizza's :d

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    As a chloro, since DPS directly correlates to HPS, that wand isn't ideal and I wouldn't use it as a chloro. It's a cleric wand.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeleted View Post
    Yep. We did Alsbeth with warriors as tanks, rogues and mages as dps and clerics healing. Is there really ANY OTHER way..?
    Based on the decisions that Trion is making regarding balance, there really won't be any other alternative. I guess it's back to the same old paradigm.
    I love to splash around in these tear-flooded boards. It's so much fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dantes View Post
    As a chloro, since DPS directly correlates to HPS, that wand isn't ideal and I wouldn't use it as a chloro. It's a cleric wand.

Based on the decisions that Trion is making regarding balance, there really won't be any other alternative. I guess it's back to the same old paradigm.
    for warriors, we had a cleric tank during progression, and we have a rogue MT aswell. so theres enough diversity

as far as i know bards heal/chloro's heal and clerics heal during our encounters ;)

and im pretty sure warriors/mages/clerics/rogues dps :P as for the OP hes usually playing archon, we gave it to him because he needed to up his endu "god knows how many times his health dropped below 10% on alsbeth.."
    Last edited by TyrLith; 05-10-2011 at 03:52 AM.

Soulwalker

i think everyone wanna have the best configuration for everyone of his "roles", i don't gear myself with a "legendary hybrid" only cause is LEGENDARY as soon I've a better wand this is gonna be trashed. (or better if Trion fixed i'll appreciate ahahah)

BTW i love my guildmates even when they complain about me ^_^ (remember i'm the best archon around ahahahah )

Quote Originally Posted by NerfedCobra View Post
    i think everyone wanna have the best configuration for everyone of his "roles", i don't gear myself with a "legendary hybrid" only cause is LEGENDARY as soon I've a better wand this is gonna be trashed. (or better if Trion fixed i'll appreciate ahahah)

BTW i love my guildmates even when they complain about me ^_^ (remember i'm the best archon around ahahahah )
    It's a cleric wand. As a general rule, look at int v wis. If it has more int it's intended for mages, if it has more wis it's intended for clerics, if it also has defensive stats it's intended for cleric tanks.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Soulwalker

Mad cuz you're bad Cobra.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    It's a cleric wand. As a general rule, look at int v wis. If it has more int it's intended for mages, if it has more wis it's intended for clerics, if it also has defensive stats it's intended for cleric tanks.
    >Implying we don't already know this.
    >Implying it's not **** anyways.
    >Implying we would use a cleric tank over a warrior/rogue tank in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeleted View Post
    >Implying we don't already know this.
    >Implying it's not **** anyways.
    >Implying we would use a cleric tank over a warrior/rogue tank in raids.
    The OP did not
    It's a good tanking wand
    Clerics do just fine tanking in GS/RoS
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Just because there are no fights where a Cleric would be the better tank yet, doesn't mean that there won't be. The fact that there is a legendary tanking wand implies that Trion do want Clerics to main tank raids.
    Last edited by Dreyhana; 05-10-2011 at 04:24 AM.
    If you want to get healed in warfronts, follow the Covenant of Healing:
    1. Stay near your team. Healing spells have a 35m range and you're not the only one who needs healing.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.
    4. Be respectful. Telling people they suck will not make them better players or want to help you more.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post

Captain Obvious is here!!!

just to make u notice people who cleared all the current content MAYBE already figure that and MAYBE u have to balance all the items with the focus value cause overcappin 230's is pretty useless for mages so MAYBE u have to get clerics accessory or weapon loots that give u more spell power with the downside of less intellect cause pure spell power is better 2:1 than intellect....

...but just MAYBE

Soulwalker

Everybody in here is mad cuz we stylin' on them Cobra. Keep stylin'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast