+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Toughness Question

Soulwalker

Default Toughness Question

As a newly level 50 Rogue I have a question regarding the armor you purchase with plaques. In the vendor I use he has 2 sets of leather armor. One set does not have toughness the other set has toughness.

When I asked around the local chat channel I was advised that I wouldnt need toughness as a ranged rogue but after searching through the forums I am finding conflicting information. So I figured what better way to get a definitive answer than make a post

I am collecting the T1 set now and before I make another purchase can someone please enlighten me on the issue of to go + toughness or not to go + toughness? Thank you all in advance for any answers!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanasze View Post
    As a newly level 50 Rogue I have a question regarding the armor you purchase with plaques. In the vendor I use he has 2 sets of leather armor. One set does not have toughness the other set has toughness.

When I asked around the local chat channel I was advised that I wouldnt need toughness as a ranged rogue but after searching through the forums I am finding conflicting information. So I figured what better way to get a definitive answer than make a post

I am collecting the T1 set now and before I make another purchase can someone please enlighten me on the issue of to go + toughness or not to go + toughness? Thank you all in advance for any answers!
    Toughness is a tanking stat, it reduces the damage from critical hits from mobs. If you plan on tanking, get the tanking set, if not, get the dps set.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Shadowlander

Toughness is a tanking stat. If you have a tank build for your rogue, you will want toughness for experts and raids.

Toughness is a stat reserved for tanking used to reduce critical hit damage. If you intend to only perform a dps/bard support role you do not need the toughness gear, you will find the gear without that stat better itemized for your role. If you intend to tank as your role, I believe the requirements per tier are as follows:
    50 - Tier 1 Expert Dungeons
    50 - Expert Rifts
    100 - Tier 2 Expert Dungeons
    150 - Raid Rifts
    150 - 20 man Raid content (unconfirmed there is discussion that it is possibly 200)
    Last edited by Ascain; 05-09-2011 at 09:02 AM.
    we all have to die sometime, some of us just outlive it

+ Reply to Thread