+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Atrophinius the Fallen

Rift Chaser

Default Atrophinius the Fallen

When did they change this guy's damage to be balls to the wall insane compared to just about every other T2 boss? The first time I had no problems in far lesser gear and now I take huge amounts of burst even before the adds are out.

Is he supposed to be spamming cleave twice for every one? I can see 2 cleave waves at a time.

Prophet of Telara

Maybe he was bugged?

Ran RD Today and had no issues. Damage didn't feel higher then normal either. You perhaps running with a different healer?
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Rift Disciple

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...phinious...wtf

I think he bugs out randomly. I have not had this problem since but I have had it

Ascendant

Crappy cleric tank did it today, seems normal. I have never seen it bug like you describe.

His cleave hits me for 500.
    Kalistrasz
    Level 50 Warrior
    "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general." - Mark Rippetoe

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    His cleave hits me for 500.
    It's very sporadic between 500 and 3k, either very lowend or max damage. 10.2k, 9500 armor, 632 block self-buffed
    Last edited by Skagzilla; 05-08-2011 at 10:31 PM.

The healer makes a difference. due to mechanics of fight a cleric is better than chloro for healing it. The damage does vary and he has always spammed 2 cleaves in a row randomly. It's a tough fight, just make sure keep your buff/debuffs up if you have any.
    The damage he does is consistent overall, I've not notice it bug. Having guild cleric heal me it's a walk. Having a guild chloro heal me and I see my hp go up and down allot more; thus appear harder.

Plane Touched

Little bug also.

When he does his ritual, he then proceeds to chase you, but with some stops so you can get out of LOS.

BUT, if he does a second ritual straight after this, he won't stop anymore when chasing you.

Telaran

This happened to me 2 days ago too, i have a permanent team, we only run experts together. Many times before i can heal the tank while sleeping on this boss, since the tank is very well geared. However 2 days ago, the tank took too much damage from this boss and he needs 2 main heal on him. We did get through this boss but i was like WTF tank you didnt drink milk today?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanaXVIII View Post
    Little bug also.

When he does his ritual, he then proceeds to chase you, but with some stops so you can get out of LOS.

BUT, if he does a second ritual straight after this, he won't stop anymore when chasing you.
    Tank doesn't LOS. You're doing it wrong. You only need to run out of range of the blast, as soon as it goes off, run back in and start hitting him.

And this guy is really, really weak. I've heard bad groups say he hits hard but every time I've done him (even with a cleric tank) it's been super easy to solo heal. I'd say drop the tank in blues with 50 toughness and grab a real tank.

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    Tank doesn't LOS. You're doing it wrong. You only need to run out of range of the blast, as soon as it goes off, run back in and start hitting him.

And this guy is really, really weak. I've heard bad groups say he hits hard but every time I've done him (even with a cleric tank) it's been super easy to solo heal. I'd say drop the tank in blues with 50 toughness and grab a real tank.
    If everyone does the LoS properly, you can have all your DPS do this at the tank location and keep the entire fight inside the bubble. His health drops incredibly fast as do the adds, when you get to DPS 99% of the time.

+ Reply to Thread