+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gilded Sanctum (Sliver)

Rift Disciple

Default Gilded Sanctum (Sliver)

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering what the difficulty will be like for the Gilded Sanctum in comparison to GSB/RoS/Raid rifts?

Also, what tier range of gear will it drop?

Thank you , I haven't been able to find any solid info and guild members have been talking quite alot about it an whether we should attempt it before we attempt Hylas.

Same tier i believe.

My guess is with them creating this big gap between T2 and T3 gear, it's going to fit in between those two. T2.5, if you will.

as for difficulty, who knows. Usually with stuff like this, they want it to be accessible to new players but still relatively challenging for the hardcores too. So maybe not so much gear-based difficulty, but more like move around, do this, etc type performance mechanics.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

Plane Touched

After seeing some screenshots of what drops in there, I can definitely say the gear is in between T2 and raid gear. These 10 man raids are most likely there to help guilds gear up more so they can take down GSB.

Plane Touched

I compared the Duke drop 2h hammer to that 2h hammer I saw in a screenshot and it has the exact same amount of stats, just shifted around a bit. I am inclined to believe the sliver will have the same quality loot as the 20 mans.

Rift Disciple

Ah, thank you very much guys .

Champion of Telara

Looking at the screenshot it looks like Gilded Sanctum drops gear roughly equal to what the T3 used to be, which is roughly halfway between T2 and what T3 will be.

Rift Disciple Atheos of Dimroot's Avatar

We killed the first boss on the PTS a week ago (before the raid gear upgrade) or so and he dropped a leather chest and warrior tank helm. At the time of the kill the stats on the items were as good as the 20 man raid gear.

I still have the warrior helm and checked the stats again since the raid gear was upgraded. It is now slightly worse than the helm of howling rage (20 man gsb warrior tank helm).

I don't think there is a huge difference between 10 and 20 man raid gear. We will see. I will post screens of the before and after stats on the gilded prophecy loot when I am not at work.

I have also tested the instance and written a short summary in this post:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...12#post2289912

Having killed the first 3 bosses, it seems like their gear is going to be comparable to normal boss loot in 20 mans, come 1.2. While the t3 sets are still BiS, there are some very good items to be had in the instance. I cannot speak of the last boss's loot table, but I imagine he will have items along the same caliber.

+ Reply to Thread