+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Two reasons nerfing dungeons doesnt matter

Shield of Telara

Default Two reasons nerfing dungeons doesnt matter

1. Its actually a huge help, reducing the need for that extra healer means you can add another dps, which makes trash pulls faster and less tedious and makse the undoubtably 1 hour queue just a little bit shorter

2. 5 mans arent suppose to be hard, they are just a treadmill for gearing up for the real challenge of the game, raid rifts and raidng, complaining about 5 man challenge is like complaining about minor rift challenge, its just pointless

3. the lfd system puts you in a group with total random strangers whom might not have even played an mmo before, to force challenge on them will make them unsub and not even play the game, and right now Rift does not need to be losing anymore subs than it already has that is for sure, if you want a challenge do the content that is meant to be challenging

People want challenge in 5mans because you can't do raiding all day and just doing easy mode the rest of the week or doing nothing at all is not really helping to keep them busy, besides, people need to be trained in 5 man content or you get a bunch of people who only have been button mashing running into raids and complaining they are to hard because they never learned how to play.

Experts are hard for 2 reasons, to give challenging content for people who can't get the people for raiding, and to prepare people gear and skill wise for raiding.

Making it easier will make experts just a boring grind with no real purpose whatsoever besides gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by stavi82 View Post
    I imagine 95% of the people that complained about the difficulty of Rift use cheat codes in their Facebook games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    2. 5 mans arent suppose to be hard, they are just a treadmill for gearing up for the real challenge of the game, raid rifts and raidng, complaining about 5 man challenge is like complaining about minor rift challenge, its just pointless
    What do you have against difficult 5 mans? What do you have against challenge? People don't leave games because they're too difficult. They leave because they are too easy and become too boring.

Quote Originally Posted by DJTimeKiller View Post
    What do you have against difficult 5 mans? What do you have against challenge? People don't leave games because they're too difficult. They leave because they are too easy and become too boring.
    Really?

I remember the last 5 mans added the WotLK and i remember people leaving the group when it came up in LFG because they where harder than the others and took more time.

Dungeons should be a way of teaching people how to play in a group and be a step up to raids and such, not a brick wall for people who already know how to play to stand on and laugh at new people.

Personally i would rather them do a 'heroic' system, that way they can have normal training dungeons and hard un-nerfed dungeons.
    With Faith and Fury I fight on.

Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    Really?

I remember the last 5 mans added the WotLK and i remember people leaving the group when it came up in LFG because they where harder than the others and took more time.

Dungeons should be a way of teaching people how to play in a group and be a step up to raids and such, not a brick wall for people who already know how to play to stand on and laugh at new people.

Personally i would rather them do a 'heroic' system, that way they can have normal training dungeons and hard un-nerfed dungeons.
    Like the old heroic dungeons back in TBC? That where on Raid level difficulty?

I would kill to get such a set of dungeons into the game...
    Quote Originally Posted by stavi82 View Post
    I imagine 95% of the people that complained about the difficulty of Rift use cheat codes in their Facebook games.

Really?

Halls of Reflection was more than just difficult. It was down right impossible with people who didn't know what they were doing. The ones before Halls of Reflection were not that difficult.

The instances in EQ2 that were created that you needed to be raid geared and in a nearly perfect group setup were the best group instances I have played.

One thing the EQ2 does do well is correctly tier their group content so that the group can select a dungeon that is appropriate for their gear and group makeup.

A small percentage of the player base raid so saying that they are just gear mills meant to prepare for raiding is not a great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Shadowlander

Please bare with me with this post. It has a point and goes on a bit of a walk but it has a reason.

2 weeks ago i left WoW for Rift. Not a big deal because lots have done this. I left before the 4.1 patch over there and it was for a reason. I was a healer in game and according to the patch news, id of been raised above others as a god. Given rewards for being a healer who helped the "Lowly DPS people" and such. Recently too, 4.2 will go deeper into making DPS have less jobs to do in dungeons, removing CC penalties so that you really can't die if you mess up. Why do i bring this up? Challenge Vs Reward.

Now so many good healers and tanks want free stuff, you no longer need to worry about the times you get new/undergeared people. DPS are now free to mess up as much as they want, no longer needing to learn why its bad to mess up, why you shouldn't do this and why marking is important. They are there for there reward. Nothing else. At what point did dungeons become ONLY for the reward and not the challenge of it? What is the point in a game where the reward is more important then the part before where you WORK for it?

Sometimes, a nerf isn't bad as long as it doesn't remove challenge. While im still new, 25 tank and leveling. This change is a bit odd to me. The idea of making dungeons need different types of build makes me smile because...well, as silly as this sounds, what dungeon is the same as the next? I hardly think a tomb full of the undead has the same need for people as the realm of the fae. The mixture gave this game a bit more personality. I rather liked that AND! it gave players a chance to LEARN the game in new ways!. Im all for that, everyone else should be too.

No one should get free rides in a MMO. We play to enjoy, even if it means a little work here and there.

5mans are training you for raids, now your gonna have people wanting to raid who really cant (just like wow).

Most the bosses in experts are similar to bosses in raid with their tactics, people won't have a clue now.

With a good tank and good healer, you didn't need another healer anyway.

Rift Disciple

NO.

I play games because I have a long difficult week at work. Last thing I want is a tedious over challenging game. I like to see 5 mans as a social event, laugh, have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbird View Post
    i can't heal through stupid.

Halls of Reflection was more than just difficult. It was down right impossible with people who didn't know what they were doing. The ones before Halls of Reflection were not that difficult.
    It was brutal to people who don't pay attention and i rather liked it, even the one before could be hard with the tunnel run and the DK on the abomination doing the chase/kill.

But that type of dungeon should be just before the Raid content as a last brain/gear check.

I like what total biscuit said, MMOs seem to be the only game with 2 difficulty modes or hard and easy....why no medium?
    With Faith and Fury I fight on.

Quote Originally Posted by Saldrin View Post
    NO.

I play games because I have a long difficult week at work. Last thing I want is a tedious over challenging game. I like to see 5 mans as a social event, laugh, have fun.
    There are other free to play games for that type of thing. I play mmo's like Rift and Planetside for the challenge not for a sleepwalk to easy purples.

It was brutal to people who don't pay attention and i rather liked it, even the one before could be hard with the tunnel run and the DK on the abomination doing the chase/kill.

But that type of dungeon should be just before the Raid content as a last brain/gear check.

I like what total biscuit said, MMOs seem to be the only game with 2 difficulty modes or hard and easy....why no medium?
    Ooooooh! A TB fan . And I completely agree with that sentiment. Ulduar had something going with non-binary difficulty. Wish they had kept that.

Nad

Quote Originally Posted by Verez View Post
    5mans are training you for raids, now your gonna have people wanting to raid who really cant (just like wow).

Most the bosses in experts are similar to bosses in raid with their tactics, people won't have a clue now.

^^ This.
    Pre-nerf T1/T2s are not that hard, 80-90% of the bosses only need one healer with appropriate stuff and tactic.

Nerfing experts will not stop ever-whiners.
    Last edited by Nad; 05-07-2011 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verez View Post

Meh not like im gonna be raiding with those people ever.
    Last edited by MopDaddy; 05-07-2011 at 03:56 AM.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Rift Disciple

There are other free to play games for that type of thing. I play mmo's like Rift and Planetside for the challenge not for a sleepwalk to easy purples.

You're welcome to go back to planetside. Hows that game going by the way?
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbird View Post
    i can't heal through stupid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast