+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duke shambler question

Rift Disciple

Default Duke shambler question

What's the respawn rate on the shamblers? If you kill all 4 shamblers no phase 1 will there be another 4 up for phase 2?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Byteboy View Post
    What's the respawn rate on the shamblers? If you kill all 4 shamblers no phase 1 will there be another 4 up for phase 2?
    Yes, and if you need all 4 shamblers for his Fury Mode, you need to tell your dps to stop slacking and step it up.

Optimally, you only need 1 shambler per Fury phase.

Sez

We use 3 at a time. Our dps might be good enough for 2 now. We will have to see tonight, either way, I'm usually the one who gathers them as a rift stalker.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by TenkenFlux View Post
    Yes, and if you need all 4 shamblers for his Fury Mode, you need to tell your dps to stop slacking and step it up.

Optimally, you only need 1 shambler per Fury phase.
    Hmm.. so he comes out of this phase faster, with more DPS on him? I always do this fight as DPS and never cared about the strat since it was so easy. My guild normally takes 2-3 shamblers to get him out of this phase.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    Hmm.. so he comes out of this phase faster, with more DPS on him? I always do this fight as DPS and never cared about the strat since it was so easy. My guild normally takes 2-3 shamblers to get him out of this phase.
    It's % based.

Rift Disciple

If you have 1 person dedicated to shambler duty, and a rift stalker tank or an amazing warrior tank, 1 shambler = two slows. Have the person killing shambler time it just as he's about to hit Fury. The purple goo will last long enough for you to run him through it twice if the tank is capable of doing so. Burning him through the fury phase is very important since it is % based and faster you down him, the shorter the fury phase. Iirc, it should last for a good 10% of his hp, so 86-76%, 61%-51%, 36%-26%, and 11% to death is his fury phases.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    He goes into enrage at a set health percentage and comes back out of it 10% later

First one is 85%, then he quits at 75% I think, then he starts again at 60% and quits at 50%, so on and so forth.

Prophet of Telara

Yeah, we're gonna have to start using 1-2 shamblers. Just because our DPS is too fast on Duke and we keep having to stop so that the guys can gather up 4 shamblers again before the fury.

Prophet of Telara

Random, pointless bump. We did it this week using 1 shambler per phase, and having our rogue tank it, using his little teleports to kite Duke around the patch of AoE. Was easy with our DPS.

+ Reply to Thread