+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low Level Raids

Plane Touched

Default Low Level Raids

One of the things I thought was really neat about D&D online was that raids weren't all at the level cap. I think they started at around level 8 (max is only 20 there) and were spread out in levels a bit. Most low lvl raids had elite versions meant for level 20's, but it was really nice to have something to do while leveling other than the usual grind.

It'd be nice if rift had some sort of 10 man activities below level 50. Maybe lower level raid rifts, as those would be easiest to form a group for. The rewards should be decent for level appropriate players and worthless (can't be runebroken or sold) for higher level players. Anyone else think it'd be nice to take a break from questing and do something a bit different from time to time?

Shadowlander

What's wrong with the major invasions? That seems to fit your criteria.

Banned

I'm still trying to understand the different between Raids and Invasions.. IF you take the Esport Epeen factor out of it.. One is inclusive and one is exclusive to start..

Quote Originally Posted by buzd View Post
    What's wrong with the major invasions? That seems to fit your criteria.
    That question can go both ways. What's wrong with having 5-man, 10-man, 20-man raids and other content available for low level characters?

I mean they already have a low level dungeon that scales up to an end-game raid in the newbie zones. It's possible for them to do the opposite for the current high level content. I mean obviously they'd have to do a little work on making sure the level of difficulty was suitable at different level ranges. It is possible though.

And I think it would be great, too. I mean I have a 50, but I do spend quite a bit of time on other alts helping friends level through content, or just playing around trying new things.

Shadowlander

I don't disagree with you. The OP seemed to imply, though, that the only thing to do at early levels is quest, and that's just not true. You can level crafting, chase Rifts, defend wardstones, participate in zone wide event, etc. I'm not saying low-level instances and Raids are a bad thing, but it's not like questing is the only thing to do at low levels.

Sez

What's the point of getting 50 if there is no new content?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Plane Touched

Invasions are too random and the bosses are too easy. It'd be nice to have a 2-3 phase fight that actually requires a little organization, and not 50 random players shooting a target that's just running around loose and killing people.

@Rydeson: Get your mind out of the gutter. Not everything revolves around genitals. I just like the challenge of organized raiding, and don't see why it's exclusive to players at the level cap in most games.

Plane Touched

Don't they allready have these kinda with the ancient wardstones?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
    One of the things I thought was really neat about D&D online was that raids weren't all at the level cap. I think they started at around level 8 (max is only 20 there) and were spread out in levels a bit. Most low lvl raids had elite versions meant for level 20's, but it was really nice to have something to do while leveling other than the usual grind.

It'd be nice if rift had some sort of 10 man activities below level 50. Maybe lower level raid rifts, as those would be easiest to form a group for. The rewards should be decent for level appropriate players and worthless (can't be runebroken or sold) for higher level players. Anyone else think it'd be nice to take a break from questing and do something a bit different from time to time?
    i like this idea. i would probably make a alt if they had something like this.

say 10man instanced raids for lvl 10,20,30,40.
    I really enjoy the fact this topic has NOTHING to do about Rift, and it turned into a Rift fest.

I'm just gonna report my own thread and be done with it.

This might be something to look at if it took more than a week to hit 50 but with how easy it is to grind up in this game any sub-50 raids would be pretty much a waste of developer time that they could use making endgame content.

+ Reply to Thread