+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid vs party for loot drops?

Rift Disciple

Default Raid vs party for loot drops?

I was trying this out yesterday in 1 T1 and 1 T2. I typically convert my 5-man group to a raid and the epic drop rate suxxors hard when in raid formation. If, however, I leave it as a standrd party a la last night we got an epic off EVERY boss plus 3 BOE's in the encounters.

Has anyone else noticed a bump in drop rates if left as a party? FYI, these were not pure guild runs. 3/5 of the group was guild.

General of Telara

lol you can't be serious

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Vitto View Post
    lol you can't be serious
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the drop chances were bugged for this considering what we've seen from Trion...

Hell on the PTS they were saying that if a box of raid gear goodies shows up on a live server PLEASE REPORT AS A BUG!

Rift Disciple

Ran Lantern Hook expert, not a single epic the entire run.

I always run in raid frames because it's easier to see things like threat in raid frames over party frames. Problem with raid frames is you can't do mouse over target of target so while you know who has threat, you still have to fish through the mobs to figure out who they have threat on.

Party frames are too clunky and eat up too much space but raid frames are limited in what you can do with them. Both need some rework.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Heebs View Post
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the drop chances were bugged for this considering what we've seen from Trion...

Hell on the PTS they were saying that if a box of raid gear goodies shows up on a live server PLEASE REPORT AS A BUG!
    For some reason when I read that, in my head I heard - if it shows up on a live server...pimp yourself out.

We always convert to raid, and have gotten many epics from bosses and BoE drops. Total coincidence.

Soulwalker

Thank you for this post. Now every speculative person in my guild refuses to run raid frames. Healing in the party frames, for me, is 10 times as much of a pain in the ***. On the raid frames, agro is easily seen, most buffs are easlily seen, health of entire group (including myself) is easily seen and healed. Party frames are loaded with too much non essential information. Yes I got used to my Grid and just prefer to heal that way. However, until confirmed from Trion, this topic is just another "OMG Loot Seed, pass me lead" load of crap. I understand your concern.. but posts like this just stir the pot for people looking for excuses as to why their epic shoulders never drop for them.
    Chars:
    Shody - 50 - Cleric (Heals, Tank, Melee dps) | Warfog - 50 - Mage

Guardians of the Defiants
    http://www.gotdefiant.enjin.com/

The definition of Incompetence - "If you honestly think you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts; there is no end to what you can't do."

Plane Touched

Good lord, if that is what's doing it.............

Default Nah.

You would have to test it very extensively over hundreds of runs.

Have used RF a lot and we get good days and bad days, same as when we used party frames.

Drop rate for epics was always pretty bad no matter what. Its better now the last boss always drops.

How many of your clerics want a KB run now ? A lot more than used to suggest it 2 days ago, I bet !
    Notice : My signature is now only available from my shop.

+ Reply to Thread