+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In-depth Lord Greenscale Guide

RIFT Community Ambassador Sodahelm's Avatar

Default In-depth Lord Greenscale Guide

http://ciderhelm.com/?p=331

~21 minute video being processed at the moment as well, including views both from a plant burner and as the main tank.

Ayu
    Plane Touched

I was waiting to see this =) Always been good stuff and hopefully will be in the future! Cheers.

Diu

nice one, thank you

Thumbs up

I have watched a few of your guides. They are very helpful thanks! What processor are you running?
    PVP is the end-game!
    Decap - 38 rogue Deepstrike(g)
    Konga - 50 warrior Deepstrike(d)
    Renics - 43 Cleric Deepstrike(g)
    Kinetics - 50 Mage Deepstrike(g)

Plane Walker

Ty, saw some of your guides before this post, it is quite nice!

Rift Disciple

Cider. Love your guides and videos man. I know my tanking builds as good as anyone, but you've taught me a few tips for sure.

I have a question about Plant Tank build and general Warlord abilities.

You mentioned Call to Entrench as not really worth it. The 5% damage debuff on a short CD seems to be VERY useful. Can you explain why this isnt in your guides as being used more often? Does it not stack with some existing raid buffs?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake View Post
    Cider. Love your guides and videos man. I know my tanking builds as good as anyone, but you've taught me a few tips for sure.

I have a question about Plant Tank build and general Warlord abilities.

You mentioned Call to Entrench as not really worth it. The 5% damage debuff on a short CD seems to be VERY useful. Can you explain why this isnt in your guides as being used more often? Does it not stack with some existing raid buffs?

Thanks.
    It doesn't stack with a (bard?) buff that you'll already have up in your raid. Same deal with Call to Battle.

Banned

We already have the 5 min debuffs coming from a chloro/archon, not sure which soul they are in but Im not entirely sure the debuffs from both will stack.

Your armor dyes white too nicely =(

/jelly

Oh and Hi from an old Garrosh player =P
    Last edited by Emek; 05-07-2011 at 06:14 AM.

Prophet of Telara

/hug

Your videos/guides are dead sexy Cider. Hylas was ever so much harder to get a handle on without your clear, concise explanations!

One thing I haven't really seen addressed much on Greenscale, when we gave it a try (after we unexpectedly 1-shot Hylas in our raid for our first kill and found ourselves with an hour and a half to kill...) without much prep, is how does the tank manage to live through Greenscale's breath attack? I noticed you mention backing up to avoid the cleave, but it seemed like our tanks were just going down before the ticks of the breath even ended.

No resists, but fully T2 + some Greenscale/T3 gear, well-specced warrior tanks, and we couldn't keep them up through a single breath. Is death resist just imperative for a warrior tank, or is there something we're missing? Cooldown rotations, shields, etc?

Our main warrior tank and our rogue tank both got their corresponding resists to have the rogue main tank and the warrior plant tank, so Monday we should be juuuust fine. I'm just wondering if there's a way to do it without a specialty tank.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    /hug

Your videos/guides are dead sexy Cider. Hylas was ever so much harder to get a handle on without your clear, concise explanations!

One thing I haven't really seen addressed much on Greenscale, when we gave it a try (after we unexpectedly 1-shot Hylas in our raid for our first kill and found ourselves with an hour and a half to kill...) without much prep, is how does the tank manage to live through Greenscale's breath attack? I noticed you mention backing up to avoid the cleave, but it seemed like our tanks were just going down before the ticks of the breath even ended.

No resists, but fully T2 + some Greenscale/T3 gear, well-specced warrior tanks, and we couldn't keep them up through a single breath. Is death resist just imperative for a warrior tank, or is there something we're missing? Cooldown rotations, shields, etc?

Our main warrior tank and our rogue tank both got their corresponding resists to have the rogue main tank and the warrior plant tank, so Monday we should be juuuust fine. I'm just wondering if there's a way to do it without a specialty tank.
    Don't even touch Greenscale without Nature Resist on the tank. Rogues can get away without it, but it's hugely helpful for anyone.

I've got an outline of resist sources here:
    http://ciderhelm.com/?p=175

It's really easy to throw something together that will work. Just make sure you're taking advantage of any source you can!

As far as cooldowns, you'll want Healer's Covenant for breaths when available, and Purifier shields for other breaths. They aren't necessary, but very helpful.

Prophet of Telara

So this was our guild's first night trying GSB using your strat (We were previously using Unstable's the other day we tried).

Just want to say thank you for a very informative piece of work. After a few attempts, we managed to finally down him (Sadly 1 death ruining our Perfect).

Spent a bit working on resists coming up to tonight, managed to top out at 289

http://www.risengaming.com/rift/liferesist.png

First time in I think I had like...well...not enough and was getting rocked. This time the breaths tickled at best.

Last phase he had 5 stacks on him (I am not sure what a good number to shoot for here is, I assume 0 nor know exactly what % he increases by) but even with that damage was negligible and the fight all came down to DPS doing their job.

Naturally, as our raids go, he dropped some cleric tanking loot....every boss drops cleric tanking loot for us. We have zero
    Last edited by Exphryl; 05-08-2011 at 08:16 PM.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

I'm still excited to see your Prince Guide/video >.>/ Any ETA on that? I've been checking waiting! Gosh!
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

Soulwalker

We did our first try on Greenscale yesterday with my guild and only got him to 61%

I am MT with 173 life res (without planar protection tho) but I wanted to ask if someone know if Residual Absorption in VK tree works for the noxious fumes debuff.
    Because if it does, the fight would be so much easier... its not really the fumes that are killing once you have life rez... But more the healing debuff.

Someone already tried it ? I will try this evening anyway but if someone already did it can save me 50PO if it doesn't work ^^

thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast