+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why we need a dungeon Queue

Soulwalker

Default Why we need a dungeon Queue

I'll be the first to admit, there are some great players out there. Some people are just so informed and talented I can see why they wouldn't want to group with just anyone, but here is exactly why we need a dungeon queue:

1.) The French Waiter: A typical night for me: I log in, look for a group for 2-3 hours for any expert as dps/support. I finally get one from a lovely player named Night. He summons me over away from the dailes I was working on, then him and the rest of the party go silent. 15 minutes of "Hello?" later, I am informed I'm being kicked to make room for a guildy... Yes after being summoned and preparing to leave.

2.) The ignorant party leader: A dunce guild named Final Fate had never run eFC and asked for someone to dps. I went along, and had to explain every single fight to the group. Walked them thru better than a native spirit guide could have, but on the final boss their healer just wasn't cutting it. Solution? Kick the dps that lead us thru so we can get a different support character (Yes, they even failed after I was kicked). Let me tell you, that was wonderful getting saved to a dungeon and not getting anything out of it.

3.) Gear-Heads: Some players know how to make a class and manipulate the game to constantly have very high dps. I'm one of those. However I have been kicked from many a group by people who started the game well after I did, simply because my focus isn't as high as theirs. Competant players trump lucky punks any day of the week. If you want to take the fresh level 50 who tagged along and let his team carry him while he ninjas all the loot he can just because his focus is higher, be my guest, but in the mean time the good players aren't going to keep logging in if you never want to bring them along.
    Also, lets do something about the double standard players have pre 50 while we're at it too. A character named Nemil on my shard refused to allow me to come to AP because even though I was only 200xp (yes like 2 kills) away from 48 I was denied a spot. The next day I see level 47s from his guild running the same instance... what gives there? (Not just one clan or person doing this.)

4.) The Holier than Thou: Just because you've run it and finished it before doesn't mean we all have. Really tired of show off tanks deciding that halfway thru an expert is enough just because they have more pressing matters to attend to. Can't we get some kind of debuff for party deserters like in the WFs?

I've had to deal with *******s, arrogance, and idiots. I've spent more time LFG or standing around waiting for people then I have actually playing the game. Until we can get some kind of dungeon queue with a stiff penalty for deserters, I'll be playing other games.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SheriffGreen View Post
    I've had to deal with *******s, arrogance, and idiots. I've spent more time LFG or standing around waiting for people then I have actually playing the game. Until we can get some kind of dungeon queue with a stiff penalty for deserters, I'll be playing other games.
    Patch 1.2

Next week.

And... why so angry? Maybe find a bigger guild?

loved it.

I would recommend playing other games like you said as this game seems to be making you very angry ;)
    REFUND / HOTPANTS

Soulwalker

I cannot agree more... I'm thinking about switching... I hate wasting countless hours hoping... A dungeon finder was the best addition in WoW

The LFD tool is being added next week

Champion

youve had some really crappy groups man, maybe you should take a vacation for a week and chill out untill 1.2 hits.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Nad

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldy View Post
    youve had some really crappy groups man, maybe you should take a vacation for a week and chill out untill 1.2 hits.
    Or find ... a guild?
    If you think LFD will resolve these issues, well ... good luck (sincerely, I do hope it will).

I never run PUGs, since '99 on EQ1, so I don't know, but speaking from time to time with friends still stuck in WoW, it seems more than bad.

Yea man don't worry about it. As people have said here, we are getting our dungeon finder next week. But I totally get where you are coming from. If I didnt have guildmates to run with, I would never get a group for an expert. My shard is very low population and my guild is about the only gaurdian guild with people that can do t1s.

Rift Disciple Altus VonGrossenkiir's Avatar

personally i am against the idea of a dungeon finder. It promotes lazyness and yeah it took a long time to make a group in wow but keep in mind more people can tank which has always been the hardest thing to find then just dime a dozen standard stuff of a warrior with a shield. So if anything it would be more like while you level get tanking gear while you ding up so you can go tank if needed and help yourself and others out more. my understanding of this game is finite though sadly i'm still downloading it but if i'm correct rogues can tank too not just warriors.

Finding a guild is easy, finding a guild that will actually run with so you can be on par with the rest of guild is difficult.

This "Dungeon Finder" (WoW term) is gonna help players who have hard times getting runs together and more so help players whose own guilds want you geared but wont take the time to help you achieve that.

All of us didnt start the day this game was released so if u want "US" to be on the same level as "YOU" better start helping us.

My 2 cents.
    Sydaphex the Wandering Mage

Rift Disciple Altus VonGrossenkiir's Avatar

you do have a good point man i myself haven't even started yet still downloading the game. But to get gear vs to know what to do. I side with taking the hard way and learning your stuff over quick and easy gear.

Ascendant

does the dungeon finder tool include a way to find just 1-2 people rather than having a whole random group?

because thats all im ever looking for, and if the dungeon finder makes people ignore chat channels because they are in queue, that could spark serious problems for those groups that just need that one more guy, or a replacement partway through.

Soulwalker

Default Need that Dungeon Finder

I enjoy instances. I don't, for the most part, enjoy guilds, and guild politics, and guild drama, so pugs are usually the way I go. When I get into a guild it is because I have run instances with members of the guild first.The issues brought up by the original poster are spot on for getting into instances.

I am eagerly awaiting some sort of Dungeon Que. This is the worst game for getting into instances. There are not enough players, or guilds, or just not enough players looking for runs through instances. Something is out of wack and needs to be changed or I will not continue to play. Don't get me wrong I love the game and the game mechanics, but the lack of dugeon runs is getting old.

I have a level 32 pali tank that has not done one instance. I have a level 28 healer that has healed one dungeon. I have seen one instance all the way through, the Iron Tower. It seems that you have absolutely no need to do instances because you can level just fine and get adequate gear just by doing quests but it is not as much fun and becomes a grind.

Anyway, I am glad to hear that a dungeone finder will be implemented. I will use that, and hope to run into a good guild.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by LoneCoyote View Post
    I have seen one instance all the way through, the Iron Tower.
    And be proud you are the only person to have ever completed that instance!

jk: its called Iron Tomb

Telaran

You do seem to have run into bastards in groups OP, but there are going to be some problems with LFG. Since its shard only it shouldn't really cause any problems with community since ppl will still be as accountable as they are now, but if it ever goes cross shard (yes i know queue times can be a *****) then you will see a whole lot more bastards in almost all your groups since ppl can get away with it.

I hope you enjoy LFG.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast