+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Life After 50

Soulwalker

Default Life After 50

After hitting 50 I've come to realize the path before me. Is my logic flawed here:

Run Dungeons ..kill the bosses..get the gear and plaques...........TO
    Run more dungeons..kill the bosses..get better gear and more plaques ..........TO
    Run T2 dungeons...kill the bosses..get better gear and more plaques ............TO
    Buy uber gear with my plaques so that I can..........
    Run more dungeons...kill bosses...get more plaques......

I know there are Rifts and such...but really. I could level another toon to lvl 50 so that I could...

Run Dungeons ..kill the bosses..get the gear and plaques...........TO
    Run more dungeons..kill the bosses..get better gear and more plaques ..........TO
    Run T2 dungeons...kill the bosses..get better gear and more plaques ............TO
    Buy uber gear with my plaques so that I can..........
    Run more dungeons...kill bosses...get more plaques......

Seems to be a vicious circle. The Devs did a great job on the game but maybe they should consider adding another high level zone.

I'm not whining....I'm asking...maybe I'm missing something.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by RangerBob View Post
    maybe I'm missing something.
    This your first MMO?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    This your first MMO?
    No it's not my first. I haven't played as many as most.

Dark Age of Camelot
    Conan
    City of Heroes/Vills
    GuildWars

I know that every MMO has the peak for a lvl capped character. I just don't remember it being so routine in other games. At least during the leveling phase you have the story arc...new abilities to look forward to. Crafting is a nice break and fun to do...although kind of worthless is this game. I'm a 300 master outfitter along with 400 others.

I guess I was just wondering if I was being unrealistic...or OMG I might be whining after all.

Sez

OMG I might be whining after all
    You may just need a break. Take 2 days off, do something physically straining (climb a hill, ride a bike, etc) and see how you feel after the break.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

New WoW patch has 2 cute dungeons and Firelands is coming at some point soon.

Plane Touched

I know that every MMO has the peak for a lvl capped character. I just don't remember it being so routine in other games. At least during the leveling phase you have the story arc...new abilities to look forward to.

Trion decided that end-game is what keeps people playing...so they made leveling really fast and are rolling out fresh end-game content at a really incredible rate. 2nd raid is out, a 10 man coming out next week, followed in a month or so (maybe?) another 20 man raid twice the size of the first ones.

If you enjoy a slow leveling experience, unfortunately you won't find it in RIFT. It was a decision they made. Works well for me, but I can see how it could feel lacking after playing games where leveling takes a loooong time.

+ Reply to Thread