+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Realm of the Fae

Soulwalker

Default Realm of the Fae

Why does it seem that no one wants to run RotF?? I have two characters in game and everytime a group starts to run this instance everyone bails. Is this a common problem.

Rift Disciple

Too much trash.... most people could clear two dungeons in less time than it takes to do RoTF. Come patch, they are removing some of the trash, so perhaps it will be better.

Ascendant

it's long and you need a specific setup for the 3rd boss.

Champion of Telara

Specific setup? We take anyone and ace it. Chloro+off heals + competent tank. Everyone stack up behind the boss so tank can aoe aggro adds. Aoe boss and adds down. Easy win. Completely ignore the hives

As long as heals are ok and your aoe dps isn't pathetic this is a very easy fight...
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

This... That boss is likely the easiest hands down.

RotF sucks because it's so long and the last two bosses are almost impossible to see in the blizzard. Twyl casts a moving WHITE aoe on WHITE ground in a WHITE snowstorm. It's just F'in annoying all around... but pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathek View Post
    Specific setup? We take anyone and ace it. Chloro+off heals + competent tank. Everyone stack up behind the boss so tank can aoe aggro adds. Aoe boss and adds down. Easy win. Completely ignore the hives

As long as heals are ok and your aoe dps isn't pathetic this is a very easy fight...
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayden Fox View Post

RotF sucks because it's so long and the last two bosses are almost impossible to see in the blizzard. Twyl casts a moving WHITE aoe on WHITE ground in a WHITE snowstorm. It's just F'in annoying all around... but pretty.
    Second to last boss is miserable too with the snow.

Been sitting on the Expert RoTF part of the Epic Quest line for a while now. Refuse to do it because I hate the place that much.

I have yet to run this instance. I always hear horror stories of it being sooo long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanay View Post
    Too much trash.... most people could clear two dungeons in less time than it takes to do RoTF. Come patch, they are removing some of the trash, so perhaps it will be better.
    That's good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayden Fox View Post

Try going into Graphics settings and disable Full Screen FX for that part. Makes life soooo much easier.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aastarius View Post
    Try going into Graphics settings and disable Full Screen FX for that part. Makes life soooo much easier.
    Yes. The snow comments are a joke. You can turn down your settings, just like ZG in WoW, and basically negate the snow effect.

RotF, like many other expert dungeons, isn't as long as people make it out to be. You can skip a large amount of trash if you know what you're doing. DSM is really the only T2 that takes more than 60-75 minutes on farm.

People would rather complain and see the content nerfed than google a few guides and learn how to play better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    it's long and you need a specific setup for the 3rd boss.
    I assume this was a joke? The dude's tank and spank and I believe you even get an achievement for leaving the hives up.
    Last edited by HighFive; 05-05-2011 at 08:59 AM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Ascendant

When I was fresh into t1 we needed something other than a group full of sins to do this fight and couldn't use a rogue tank as their ae aggro is on longer cool downs. Now? Yeah its cake and can use any setup imaginable to win it.

Soulwalker

So... in everyones opinion is it worth running this instance?? I.E. decent enough loot and maybe some good gear sets??/

Ascendant

Like all dungeons, once you learn it, it isn't the bad. So, yes, I think its worth running.

Quote Originally Posted by Aastarius View Post
    I actually tried that... everything is still bright white and others in my party had the same issue.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Ascendant

if its not the daily, you would be better off doing any other t1 for easy plaques.

its like IT as far as quantity of trash goes, except that the bosses are just plain much more annoying.

Rift Chaser

First two bosses are basically pushovers even in a PuG, but 3-6 are not. Tree boss will be a wall to many PuGs and is not particularly appropriate for a T1 boss (even if it is the 'final' T1).

Beyond that, for PuGs, it's pretty simple:

1. It's long and tedious, with far too much trash. There's a fair bit you can skip, but in a PuG..well that can be tricky. Yay 1.2. Really most people just don't want to invest that much time in RotF, especially in a PuG, as many won't be able to finish it, for reason #2

2. Bosses 5 and 6 require a very competent/well geared group (Fae Lord since it's timed), 6 requires a very aware tank, 5 requires everyone be very aware. 3 requires good gear. 4 (Battlemaster) can maul some groups as well, but that really just comes down to knowing what to do and having a good tank.

For a guild group or any group that's T2 capable, the place doesn't pose much trouble. For a group that's in partial T1 gear or less, and most PuGs, the place can be like beating your head against a wall, so people would rather spend less time/have a higher chance of success doing the other four T1s.
    Last edited by Steejee; 05-06-2011 at 05:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread