+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oracle Questions - tether sticking

Rift Disciple

Default Oracle Questions - tether sticking

First let me say oracle is the easiest GSB boss. She is on our farm list but s couple of things happen for reasons I don't totally understand.

We charge in for initial aggro. Warrior gets melee rogue gets ranged. All Dps waits until tether attaches to rogue before attAcking. Rogue begins to kite oracle on the inside of the room in line roughly where oracle stands. The videos all show the tether sticking to the kiting tank the entire fight. We find that if is possible for the ranged Dps to pull aggro if the kiting tank isn't generating threat. This causes the tether to end up on a Dps mid fight.

Second the ranged mob has some sort of enrage ability where he grows big and starts pounding on the tank. We are not totally sure why this is happening but it makes him hit really hard.

Let me say again we do kill Oracle, but I feel we must be missing something?
    Last edited by mocktrial; 05-05-2011 at 04:16 AM.

Shadowlander

Why does everyone try to kite in this fight? We had the same issues. Our solution was to stick a VK on the ranged wolf and tank it just like the melee wolf. VK takes very little damage and we one shot Oracle, no trouble at all.

Soulwalker

If either one of the two werewolves dies, the other one enrages and gains a huge damage-boost. So you would want to kill them both as simultaneously as possible.

Rift Disciple

I forgot to say the enrage is occurring while both wherewolves are up. The ranged boss seems to have an ability that periodically makes him hit harder.

So you are saying ranged boss is pretty tankable stationery?

My guild just sticks a rogue on the ranged guy, warrior on the melee, and tanks both in place. We run 4 cleric 2 chloro 1 bard and have no issues keeping both tanks and the raid up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    Why does everyone try to kite in this fight? We had the same issues. Our solution was to stick a VK on the ranged wolf and tank it just like the melee wolf. VK takes very little damage and we one shot Oracle, no trouble at all.
    That's how a few of the initial youtube guides showed it being done. Monkey see, monkey do, but it does work.

I haven't seen someone tank the ranged wolf, so I can't comment on that.
    Last edited by HighFive; 05-05-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    That's how a few of the initial youtube guides showed it being done. Monkey see, monkey do, but it does work.

I haven't seen someone tank the ranged wolf, so I can't comment on that.
    I tank it as a rogue, the damage is actually pretty low compared to hard hitting bosses.

He who conquers the left side rules the world

Sez

Umm, farm status but you have no idea how the boss works? Sure, whatever you say.

The "buff" comes from wisps.

The left wolf does an AoE stacking damage (VKs eat it, RSs eat it, or kite him like I do once I reach 10, so I'm never taking 10stack hits for more than a few seconds)

Both mini-adds die at same time or bad things happen.

Oracle also gets buffs from wisps (kill the wisps)
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Disciple

Wait I thought the wisps only go to the melee mob.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Umm, farm status but you have no idea how the boss works? Sure, whatever you say.

The "buff" comes from wisps.

The left wolf does an AoE stacking damage (VKs eat it, RSs eat it, or kite him like I do once I reach 10, so I'm never taking 10stack hits for more than a few seconds)

Both mini-adds die at same time or bad things happen.

Oracle also gets buffs from wisps (kill the wisps)
    Wisps only buff the "MELEE" wolf.

If you kill one wolf, the other one enrages, hence you want to kill them both at the same time.

Range wolf doesnt need to be kited, can be tanked in place.

Melee wolf has a debuff that reduces healing by 75%. Time cooldowns for this. Oracle boss has the same debuff.

Plane Touched

Why do people feel the need to kite the ranged add?

We've had warriors and rogues tank both of them, and neither had any problems whatsoever. I guess most guilds just have incompetent healers...

Rift Master

Rogue tank.

If you don't have one, find one and use it and abuse it till he emos out and quits because you won't let him dps.

Also in other news don't kite him and you win.
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

All of the mages in my guild have pulled aggro at one point on the mob tanked by the rogue. I see him sit in and get some attack on the mob for a little bit but he kites it for a good 85% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    All of the mages in my guild have pulled aggro at one point on the mob tanked by the rogue. I see him sit in and get some attack on the mob for a little bit but he kites it for a good 85% of the time
    Well that's your rogues either lack of confidence in tanking or lack of understanding of the fight. Either way, fix it.

He who conquers the left side rules the world

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    Bad rogue are bad.

To be honest with you I'd find another rogue because he obviously is not up to par.

The first time we did it, I kited and used quick shot as my main attack and still didn't have people pulling off me.
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast