+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blue Drops in Expert Dungeons

Soulwalker

Default Blue Drops in Expert Dungeons

Hi Trion,

I have been waiting 2 weeks to make this thread, because I though I would give the RNG a chance.

As of tomorrow, I will be canceling my account.

Farming T2's and T1's for a whole month (4 weeks). Blue drops are 91% of our boss drops. From over 150 expert dungeons.

If you would like to see the math, then by all means I will post my taables I have been recording..

Just wanted to let you know why this subscriber was leaving, since I am the 11th person in my guild to cancel for same reason.

1-4 hour dungeons, and getting no rewards, is a joke. DSM, hardest Dungeon in the game, only blues.

I would suggest you fix it before you bleed away all your hardcore pve-ers. It's a insult tbh.

Rasket

Quote Originally Posted by Rasket View Post
    Hi Trion,

I have been waiting 2 weeks to make this thread, because I though I would give the RNG a chance.

As of tomorrow, I will be canceling my account.

Farming T2's and T1's for a whole month (4 weeks). Blue drops are 91% of our boss drops. From over 150 expert dungeons.

If you would like to see the math, then by all means I will post my taables I have been recording..

Just wanted to let you know why this subscriber was leaving, since I am the 11th person in my guild to cancel for same reason.

1-4 hour dungeons, and getting no rewards, is a joke. DSM, hardest Dungeon in the game, only blues.

I would suggest you fix it before you bleed away all your hardcore pve-ers. It's a insult tbh.

Rasket
    1.2 will give you a sure epic at end bosses.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

If people are fixated on the color of the item, that's fine. However, many of the T2 blues are better than T1 purples. Just saying.

It sounds like the OP is looking for specific items to drop and that's what's causing the frustration. That's why the plaq gear exists, to fill in holes. You need to be well geared for GS, but not min/max to complete at least the first 3 bosses.

I've actually found that most people neglect their planar devices and enchants, which would make a much more significant difference in overall character power vs a few drops from DSM for example.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Champion

maybe instead of raging on the forum you should read the patch notes.... just sayin

oh and i replaced a t1 purple staff with a t2 blue dagger/totem the other day. they were better, the color doesnt matter.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Last time I checked Plutonus only drops epics so...

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rasket View Post
    2 things...

First, DSM dropping only blues? You are kidding right? The last boss always drops an epic. The only T2 final boss who is bugged and consistently dropping blues is in RD.

Second, this is your first post? Hmm, I suspect a plant. Who posts their first post to announce they are leaving...nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    If people are fixated on the color of the item, that's fine. However, many of the T2 blues are better than T1 purples. Just saying.

It sounds like the OP is looking for specific items to drop and that's what's causing the frustration. That's why the plaq gear exists, to fill in holes. You need to be well geared for GS, but not min/max to complete at least the first 3 bosses.

I've actually found that most people neglect their planar devices and enchants, which would make a much more significant difference in overall character power vs a few drops from DSM for example.
    Except plaque gear only fills what, 5 slots? Unless they change it so you can buy trinkets/rings/weapons/necklaces with plaques - which I sincerely hope they DON'T - then you can't argue that some of the droprates are ludicrous.

I hit Glorified long ago and still run APx almost every day for that f-ing belt from Icetalon - which I have never seen drop. Ever.

I also think you vastly underestimate how powerful many of the drops in DSMx are - the leather chestpiece and tanking sword from Plutonus are amazing, and the two trinkets from Dichrom range from awesome (melee) to best-in-the-entire-game,-it-doubled-my-healing-as-a-bard (for healers).

I think the biggest problem is that DSMx is arduous, and the reward isn't in-line with how long and difficult it is (compared to all of the other dungeons).

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post

well they could expand plaq gear and add purple weapons, off hands, ranged, trinkets, rings and necklace.
    I really enjoy the fact this topic has NOTHING to do about Rift, and it turned into a Rift fest.

I'm just gonna report my own thread and be done with it.

Shadowlander

Agree with TC, but will not be canceling over it.

Rift Disciple

This just in, random drops are random. Oh wait, but then if the stuff people needed always dropped the first time, they'd complain that they ran out of things to do too fast. Seriously, there are still a lot of problems with this game, but this is not one of them. The drop rates are fine.

Rift Chaser

there's an easy fix for RNG crap we endure day after day: make t2 and t3 weapons purchasable expensively with plaques.
    make those t2 purchasable weapons 2-3 dps less than T2 weapon drops and t3 purchasables 4-5 dps less than raid weapon drops.
    everyone will be happy, except maybe the masochist that got no life, job, family etc.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Carthoris View Post
    Except plaque gear only fills what, 5 slots? Unless they change it so you can buy trinkets/rings/weapons/necklaces with plaques - which I sincerely hope they DON'T - then you can't argue that some of the droprates are ludicrous.

I hit Glorified long ago and still run APx almost every day for that f-ing belt from Icetalon - which I have never seen drop. Ever.

I also think you vastly underestimate how powerful many of the drops in DSMx are - the leather chestpiece and tanking sword from Plutonus are amazing, and the two trinkets from Dichrom range from awesome (melee) to best-in-the-entire-game,-it-doubled-my-healing-as-a-bard (for healers).

I think the biggest problem is that DSMx is arduous, and the reward isn't in-line with how long and difficult it is (compared to all of the other dungeons).
    DSM takes like a little over an hour. And I very seriously doubt the DSM trinket DOUBLED your heals lol...

Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    1.2 will give you a sure epic at end bosses.
    1) Every T2 I have ever done has dropped an epic from the end boss.-Am fully T2 epic or better so have done tons of them
    2) Most T2 have 2-3 epic drops per run.
    3) Most T2 blues are better than alot of purples before...IE if he wants to quit because of the color or the text...good bye
    Last edited by Fluffycalico; 05-05-2011 at 12:26 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCheesy View Post
    Last time I checked Plutonus only drops epics so...
    Don't fill this thread with logic!

Rift Chaser

how bout Eliam, are his drops still bugged?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast