+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trion: Your Game is Slowly Turning into Mario Bros.

Default Trion: Your Game is Slowly Turning into Mario Bros.

So you've buffed the loot tier that needed it the least, and at the same time nerfed expert trash to compensate for your dungeon finder. You added diminishing returns in pvp without the foresight to see that it destroyed an entire soul that doesnt have a pve fallback (not needed anyway, cc is completely gone now).

What bothers me is the lack of communication you guys have about things to come regarding your recent decisions:
    - Will there be a new 8th mage soul?
    - Are you giving others classes new abilities with the new lack of need for cc anywhere?
    - Will Tier 3 armor be upgraded now?
    - Will Tier 2 drop loot be upgraded to atleast match some of the new plaque loot?
    - Will players that have the ability to play games more difficult than tetris be given Tier 3 dungeons or raid hard modes so we don't get UTTERLY BORED.

Soulwalker

Where are my mushrooms?!?

My understanding according to my guildmates was that they are nerfing t2 to be very easy and increasing the plaque values for it, making expert item drops more similar to raid items, and then adding a dungeon finder, which, if you run with the original 5 ppl it assigns you with you get bonus items. So I'm basing my thoughts off of this.

These are horrible changes. These are the sort of changes that have many of my guildies thinking on what the direction of the game is and seriuosly considering quitting.
    Why would you make plaque grinding in t2s easier and longer/more tedious when its already so easy as it is?? Its making the game more about repeatedly grinding.
    Why would you boost t2 equipment values to a point that I've basically heard is only slightly less than the raids thus diminishing any value in raiding?
    Why would you incentivize random pugging for experts with bonus rewards in dungeon finders which only damages the value of in guild based activities and being in a guild?

Please revert these changes.
    Last edited by Inixia; 05-03-2011 at 12:25 PM.

These changes make no sense. NO sense. The average player surely feels they must get better to tackle T1-T2s-Raids, whereas those of us that have already are going to be more bored ****less than we already are.

Why aren't they addressing the planar essence/weapons/trinket disparity vs. lolarmorupgrades? There are T3 pieces out there that are worse than Tier 1. If T3 is an upgrade, it's usually 1 int, 2 end, 2 sp. Weapons are 60-80 sp and 10 int. How does this make sense to the people that implemented it????

Where are the Tier 3 dungeons for us that don't want pong or tetris, just even a slight challenge?

This game is swiftly entering the joke stages, much faster than vanilla wow did.

Shadowlander

This thread cracks me up.

The average player surely feels they must get better to tackle T1-T2s-Raids, whereas those of us that have already are going to be more bored ****less than we already are.
    So I take it in your world view you are *above average* since you assume the changes are to address the masses of non-elite players?

In that statement alone you justify the decision. It's called the 80-20 rule.

So if only 20% are completing them quickly or consistently that means that 80% are not. Which do you suppose Trion should address?

I can definitely tell that you are not a tank, just one of those dps peeps that in wow would be the ones telling the tank "go go go!".

If you are getting bored might I suggest the 20 zillion other things other than gear gathering that Trion has put into the game.

Do you:

Have a tank? (It's a completely different experience when you do it )
    Have every collection?
    Have all your pvp gear?
    Have all the achievements?

Do I need to mention that I don't really agree with you because we have not seen the patch yet?

+ Reply to Thread