Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Here comes WoW 2.0, i mean patch 1.2... REALLY?!

Default Here comes WoW 2.0, i mean patch 1.2... REALLY?!

Here, I bolded the relevant parts for those who don't understand...

* With the upcoming addition of the Looking for Group tool, we're also in the process of tuning our Expert Dungeons to be completable with one appropriately geared healer per group, instead of frequently requiring a second full healer on top of support heals. Additionally, the power of the items purchased from the Expert Dungeon stores has increased to assist gearing up for further challenges. With these changes we expect more dungeons to be completed more often; as a result, the cost for Expert Dungeon merchant items has increased. Overall, this should net a similar or improved gain rate of plaque-purchased items.
    * Reduced the damage dealt by general Expert Dungeon NPCs.
    are you KIDDING me?!

so not only are you making the dugeons EASIER than they currently are, but you are INCREASING the power of T2 gear?

If i wanted dungeons that were a walk in the park, i'd go back to WoW...
    If i wanted free gear with no risk involved, i'd go back to WoW...

What are you thinking Trion? Why are you taking the game in this direction, the same direction WoW has taken? I thought we WEREN'T in Azeroth anymore, thats why I (and likely a large majority of players) bought this game.

We want CHALLENGE
    we want EPIC FIGHTS, with a chance to FAIL

why do people get addicted to gambling? Hint: its not because they always win.

part of the "fun" in games is that you can lose, if you can't lose than what is the point of winning?

I had hope in the beginning, but with every patch I lose more and more hope. You are too heavy handed in your nerfing, you not only solve the problem that is causing a class to be OP but you DESTROY it, example champs and sabs, soon to be dominators and pyro's in 1.2

With each patch you dumb the game down MORE and MORE and MORE! where are the epic zone invasions that wipe out a whole zone untill people come and kill it (freemarch in beta was AWESOME), where are the bosses that are actually worthy of "world first" races?

Even though less than 1% of your player base is the type to do hardcore progression raiding "world first" racing. Its the EPICness of it, its the chance to be a part of something larger than yourself, that attracts less hardcore people (casual majority)

without that you have nothing, when there is no challenge its a TOY not a game, and toys get boring pretty damn fast...

they are thinking this is the best way to gain new subs. I know i would be thinking on those lines.
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

I think it's funny You think you're smart, yet you missed the same exact thread above/below this one. Failed.
    Last edited by MopDaddy; 05-02-2011 at 08:15 PM.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    Here, I bolded the relevant parts for those who don't understand...

are you KIDDING me?!

so not only are you making the dugeons EASIER than they currently are, but you are INCREASING the power of T2 gear?

If i wanted dungeons that were a walk in the park, i'd go back to WoW...
    If i wanted free gear with no risk involved, i'd go back to WoW...

What are you thinking Trion? Why are you taking the game in this direction, the same direction WoW has taken? I thought we WEREN'T in Azeroth anymore, thats why I (and likely a large majority of players) bought this game.

We want CHALLENGE
    we want EPIC FIGHTS, with a chance to FAIL

why do people get addicted to gambling? Hint: its not because they always win.

part of the "fun" in games is that you can lose, if you can't lose than what is the point of winning?

I had hope in the beginning, but with every patch I lose more and more hope. You are too heavy handed in your nerfing, you not only solve the problem that is causing a class to be OP but you DESTROY it, example champs and sabs, soon to be dominators and pyro's in 1.2

With each patch you dumb the game down MORE and MORE and MORE! where are the epic zone invasions that wipe out a whole zone untill people come and kill it (freemarch in beta was AWESOME), where are the bosses that are actually worthy of "world first" races?

Even though less than 1% of your player base is the type to do hardcore progression raiding "world first" racing. Its the EPICness of it, its the chance to be a part of something larger than yourself, that attracts less hardcore people (casual majority)

without that you have nothing, when there is no challenge its a TOY not a game, and toys get boring pretty damn fast...
    Who is this We I keep hearing about , so many post have We want this , We said this , We all know the truth,

I found wow raid a challenge , Maybe because I was not in a Guild that was run like a Army .. yes reg dungeons were easy even for pugs & Heroics pre Cata became easy to . I " yes just me " don't want Raids like Everquest were you had 6-8 hours raids with 40 people for 3-4 epic drops , It was just stupid .. Raids should last no longer than 2-3 hours max , dungeons should be half that .. Rift is not my Job ..

Quote Originally Posted by lukain View Post
    Who is this We I keep hearing about , so many post have We want this , We said this , We all know the truth,

I found wow raid a challenge , Maybe because I was not in a Guild that was run like a Army .. yes reg dungeons were easy even for pugs & Heroics pre Cata became easy to . I " yes just me " don't want Raids like Everquest were you had 6-8 hours raids with 40 people for 3-4 epic drops , It was just stupid .. Raids should last no longer than 2-3 hours max , dungeons should be half that .. Rift is not my Job ..
    Totally agree !

Quote Originally Posted by MopDaddy View Post
    I think it's funny You think you're smart, yet you missed the same exact thread above/below this one. Failed.
    i think you're funny

actually, i didn't miss those threads, i purposely reposted and in fact double posted this thread in the suggestion forums as well

this patch deserves a huge community response so we need as many threads as we can get

maybe you'd understand it if i put it to you this way: log onto the alpha PTS and go and get free lvl 50 and free best raid gear in the game. now would you be having fun? why would you continue to play? you beat the game! you won! woo! now unsub... now multiply that by every person in the game...

They will get far to easy now... thats a shame... what a damn shame...

I saw no bolded parts so have no idea what you mean.
    <Imagine Sweet Sig Here>

Telaran

Quoting is the new bolding.

i think you're funny

actually, i didn't miss those threads, i purposely reposted and in fact double posted this thread in the suggestion forums as well

this patch deserves a huge community response so we need as many threads as we can get

maybe you'd understand it if i put it to you this way: log onto the alpha PTS and go and get free lvl 50 and free best raid gear in the game. now would you be having fun? why would you continue to play? you beat the game! you won! woo! now unsub... now multiply that by every person in the game...
    Here's my response:

Go find something else to play.

I'm sorry that this patch hurts your Leetist e-peen. Not all of us are expert MMO players, nor do we want impossible challenges to face. Just because you and your guild have everything on farm status does not mean that the general populous does. Some of us are casual players, and have no desire to spend hours upon hours learning to min/max in this game. I want to log in, have fun, and log out. THIS IS A GAME, it's meant for fun, not work. If you can't figure that out, you don't belong here.

i think you're funny

PvE was never challenging before the patch so I don't see a big difference after the patch. I can care less if they change it This game was always WoW 2.0 funny You didn't notice it earlier.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Telaran

Why are you looking for a challenge in T2? Go farm gsb and ros until they make a T2.1

Rift Disciple

I realize that the hardcore people like you need/crave the attention/addoration of the casual majority. But making too much content (i.e. endgame dungeons and raids) only be accessible to a single digit percentage of the players is bad business.

It's as simple as that.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Oeone View Post
    I realize that the hardcore people like you need/crave the attention/addoration of the casual majority. But making too much content (i.e. endgame dungeons and raids) only be accessible to a single digit percentage of the players is bad business.

It's as simple as that.
    I am not sure why you are trying reason, the man just said he is hoping to participate in something bigger than himself in a video game... pretty sure, that is where all the bets were off Now, if you would suggest him to have sex, that I would understand

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolicalburp View Post
    I am not sure why you are trying reason, the man just said he is hoping to participate in something bigger than himself in a video game... pretty sure, that is where all the bets were off Now, if you would suggest him to have sex, that I would understand
    I guess he wants only 1 % of getting sex too, to make it a challenge and get an EPIC feeling

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast