+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greenscale weird Deathly Flames dispell behavior

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

Default Greenscale weird Deathly Flames dispell behavior

We finally started to progess on greenscale and we ran into something weird.

We had me as a cleric taking the Deathly Flames debuff and kill the plants. I would dispell myself regularly and pick it up again to reset the stacks. Of course in the last phase this is no longer possible because there is no more pool so I keep getting a higher stack which always ends in my death because it becomes unhealable.
    At the end of the raid we did some testing and there is something very weird with dispelling of the Deathly Flames.

The Dispell I myself use is Cauterize. It reads as followed: Cleanses the ally with purifying flames, removing 1 Curse, Disease or Poison. (no cd)
    This removes all stacks and I have to pick it up again.

We tried with a rogue using Scatter the Shadows. And it reads as followed: Removes curable harmful effects and causes the rogue to be immune to all damage and harmful effects for 3 sec. (2min cd)
    This removes all stacks. However the rogue will immediately get back the Deathly flames debuff at 1 stack. Which seems kind of weird as it clearly says it removes them.

And then we tried the VK with Spellbreaker. This one reads: Drains the negative magical energy from an ally, removing 3 curses. Adds 2 pacts per effect drained. (15sec cd)
    This one also removes all stacks and just like the rogue effect it will simple resets the debuff to 0 stacks and it starts counting up again. This is again clearly not what the effect says and it also doesn't give the pacts that you are supposed to get.

All this combined there is clearly weird going on here. The VK and cleric dispell clearly both say removes curse. However the VK removes them but it will stats stacking again and the cleric one removes it all together. The rogue one is worded a bit different but this one should also remove it completely but seems to still leave the after effect.

The result is that with a VK/rogue the hard part of the debuff that was the stacking of it during the last 25% of the fight becomes a complete joke because you can simple reset it (even every 15sec with a VK). This also makes it impossible for a cleric to do it because as we seen, once I reach about 70-80stacks it is completely unhealable and I die resulting in no more removal of plants.

Anyone can explain why the rogue and vk "dispell" do not completely remove the effect as it clearly should but the normal dispell does.
    Last edited by Radak; 05-02-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Telaran

sry i have no idea^^

but we had it aswell
    2t tank speccd to vk i believe and reduced the counter always to zero
    no idea about cleric
    Last edited by Alentina; 05-02-2011 at 06:56 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

It's just stupid that with a VK or a rogue on plant duty you can completely ignore the stacking of the debuff which would otherwise because unhealable if the dps is not high enough to kill the boss in time.

And it makes cleric tanks that are already at a disadvantage in this fight because it's much harder for them to tank the boss also unless for plant duty.
    Last edited by Radak; 05-03-2011 at 04:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread