+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Have any Guilds Downed Lord-Greenscale for the first time post 1.1?

Plane Touched

Default Have any Guilds Downed Lord-Greenscale for the first time post 1.1?

Because my guild is attempting to do just this, but we have a major problem.

We don't have Sabs dealing 1,000 + DPS for wisp control.
    We don't have warriors in greens rolling 1200 DPS easy.

That's not to say its not possible, plenty of those guilds who killed him before are killing him now just as easily, but i feel like that's because they now have players with gear, players with amazing weapons that can make up for that difference. Warriors/rogues who do that much damage without a completely unbalanced spec. Greenscale initially gave out a raid-wide weapon upgrade, and even after this was changed he still can give anywhere from 1-3 so he does grant a major raid DPS improvement if you can kill him.

I really am seeing serious dps problems on the bracken/pollen. My guild can get him to 25% no problem it's cake to get him there. But at that point we get swamped, every time and can't manage the Adds, even with 3-4 players assigned to kill them. The strategies that guilds are posting (that have killed greenscale multiple times) are posing difficulties because they call for amounts of DPS and Healing we need far more raid gear to achieve.

I feel like greenscale is now a massive gear check and i'm curious to see how many guilds have passed this check without the "gear".

So my question is, has any guild post 1.1 killed greenscale for the first time, and if so what setup do you use for bracken/pollen management?
    Last edited by Kama Toki; 05-02-2011 at 02:11 PM.
    Kama, Cleric of Briarcliff

Melee Chloromancer 2.0 <Shaman Justicar>

Plane Touched

third phase you should be killing next to no bracken, you only kill bracken if they are directly in the way of the tank or melee dps, all the rest you just avoid.

Wisps assign 2-3 people per side kill them as they spawn, then go back to killing gs

Its really not that hard, once you get past the confusion of it all, and people just start focusing

inb4staysmallnerdsflexingepeen
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

We killed GS for the first time a few days after 1.1 with nothing more than t2 gear. If all your rogues and warriors are on their optimal specs of either NB's or BM's, then you should be fine. Toss in the huge boost in dps to SC/Ele and it should go down fast.

We pretty much used the standard of having ranged deal with the bracken/pollen and if we start to got overwhelmed we just kept moving around the room which made the difference for us.

Plane Touched

what is this optimal spec nb trash your spouting, I have yet to see a NB optimally do anything but fail

Actually at the third phase in Greenscale it becomes more about add control than full burn on the boss. Too many bracken up can hurt you, not dealing with pollen will allow greenscale to consume them (now that it works) and hit your tank harder. Sure you don't want to loose all dps on the boss but you got to controll the adds if your going to take it down without relying on luck.

Get a few stormcallers to roll the wisps. You really don't need to be in that big a hurry in the final phases.

If your dps isn't incredible because of gear you should focus on DPS direction instead and make sure all of your raid members are properly re-targeting to the **** that NEEDS to be killed. Obviously if you're hitting an enrage its a different story though.

Yes, and he's easy.
    Old school raid

pvp

We haven't had any issues with him. However we also started raiding late and killed GS a day before RoS was unlocked. so we've been plowing through the majority of GSB post 1.1 (iirc we got 3/5 down before 1.1). We had issues with the pollen while learning the fight, but it seems cake now. Remember to have melee dps lend a hand with some aoe if pollen spawn close to their current position. Wisp/pollen are priority. I feel the last phase is a dps check in a way. Without proper balance between adds and greeny and a healthy burn on the big guy himself you're going to get overwhelmed and the tank is gonna die.

oh: rangers make great bracken and pollen killers.
    Last edited by Enokarda; 05-02-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Plane Touched

This is a case of "l2p" I think.

I guess your 51 sentinel spec just doesn't cut it in real fights.
    Last edited by FatChocobo; 05-02-2011 at 06:05 PM.

lol

/10char
    Old school raid

pvp

Plane Touched

19 manned it wed.

Is this the same Kama Toki From NA league forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayeth View Post
    Defiants evil soul suckers
    Elegance - 60 rogue
    Faeblight

Telaran

yep killed him with a random raid from 3-4 guilds today first time
    and was quite easy + controlled
    just a warri died to a cleave at start :/
    else it would be serverfirst perf gs kill -.-
    well just make sure ur dds / heals got perf speccs + they are concentrated else u got a hard time
    and relaxe just try and try it further, it takes not that long time untill u reach every try the last phase
    and there u just need to controll the whisps + brackens + gs with 3-4 ranged dps
    melee dps should never stop dpsing gs
    looted the relict mage staff
    Last edited by Alentina; 05-02-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Plane Walker

Don't use sabs for pollen. Pollen have such a small health pool that they can die before sabs even have a chance to blow their bombs. I suggest ranger using trick shot for rogues killing pollen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast