+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: please - if you don't know a fight... SAY SOMETHING.

Default please - if you don't know a fight... SAY SOMETHING.

I am really puzzled by this behavior that seems to be rampant in t1 and t2 expert dungeons. I ask before we pull every boss ... "does everyone know this fight? does anyone have any questions or need the strat explained?". 9 times out of 10, i am met with complete silence which I can only interpret as no, I don't need any help, I know the fight.

We pull the boss, then lo and behold, at least one person in the group will clearly have no understanding of the fight mechanics, dies and causes a wipe. When I ask.. Player B, do you not know this fight? "oh, i've never done this place before".

WHY DIDNT YOU SAY SOMETHING BEFORE WE PULLED! I really am boggled by this. I give people the opportunity to have the strat explained and 90% of the time nobody says a word. I really just don't get it. I don't mind bringing new players.. i do mind when they don't have any clue what is going on, are offered help and refuse to take it. This is why you see people asking to only bring experienced players to dungeons.

Help yourselves - if you havent done an encounter before, ASK how to do it.
    Niia - 50 Mathosian Cleric Heals
    Unicorn - 38 Dwarf Mage

<Threshold>
    Guardian - Reclaimer PvP

You can only expect this to improve with the Dungeon Finder.

Easy solution, run with guildies and forgo the pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezer View Post
    You can only expect this to improve with the Dungeon Finder.

Easy solution, run with guildies and forgo the pugs.
    Its puzzling behavior regardless.. I am very curious as to why people don't say anything when given the opportunity to have a fight explained. As a healer, I prefer to avoid pugs - but I can't always get a guildmate for every slot.
    Unicorn - 38 Dwarf Mage

<Threshold>
    Guardian - Reclaimer PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Niia View Post
    Its puzzling behavior regardless.. I am very curious as to why people don't say anything when given the opportunity to have a fight explained. As a healer, I prefer to avoid pugs - but I can't always get a guildmate for every slot.
    Because too many people are used to being carried through challenging content by over-geared groups in "that other game".

That's my best guess anyways.

i make the tank tell me every time, cause i know it irritates them

our guild main tank now says....does anyone EXCEPT <gamename> not know this fight?
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

Rift Disciple

I am really puzzled by this behavior that seems to be rampant in t1 and t2 expert dungeons. I ask before we pull every boss ... "does everyone know this fight? does anyone have any questions or need the strat explained?". 9 times out of 10, i am met with complete silence which I can only interpret as no, I don't need any help, I know the fight.

We pull the boss, then lo and behold, at least one person in the group will clearly have no understanding of the fight mechanics, dies and causes a wipe. When I ask.. Player B, do you not know this fight? "oh, i've never done this place before".

WHY DIDNT YOU SAY SOMETHING BEFORE WE PULLED! I really am boggled by this. I give people the opportunity to have the strat explained and 90% of the time nobody says a word. I really just don't get it. I don't mind bringing new players.. i do mind when they don't have any clue what is going on, are offered help and refuse to take it. This is why you see people asking to only bring experienced players to dungeons.

Help yourselves - if you havent done an encounter before, ASK how to do it.
    Fights should really be more random. I really hate that people can "Get to know the fights" that current MMO's seem to do in BOss fights.

Sorry just a pet pevee of mine. Basically if people "know" the fight then it stops being challaging and strts being boring.

INC someone saying "If I tell you I don't know fight You will kick me. Blah blah elitist, blah blah I don't want to blame my laziness"

Don't forget people you can also look at dungeon guides, and videos. I guess being lazy and just screaming elitist if the only way to go for some though lol.

Everyone be ready to count the people who say that.
    Last edited by MopDaddy; 05-02-2011 at 12:19 PM.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Charel View Post
    Fights should really be more random. I really hate that people can "Get to know the fights" that current MMO's seem to do in BOss fights.

Sorry just a pet pevee of mine. Basically if people "know" the fight then it stops being challaging and strts being boring.
    If you want a challenge, bring a group of pugs who never admit when they don't know the fight. Theres your random. Will little Johnny stand in the fire, ignore enrage timers, disregard adds, spawn a voidzone on the healer? THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!
    Unicorn - 38 Dwarf Mage

<Threshold>
    Guardian - Reclaimer PvP

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MopDaddy View Post
    INC someone saying "If I tell you I don't know fight You will kick me. Blah blah elitist, blah blah I don't want to blame my laziness"

Don't forget people you can also look at dungeon guides, and videos. I guess being lazy and just screaming elitist if the only way to go for some though lol.
    Some people don't like to cheat to over come a challanging encounter. And yes it is like cheating.

i am fully expecting this. what these people dont realize is that it isnt that they don't know the fight - its that oftentimes, they have no communication and seem completely unwilling to learn. I don't mind teaching a new player a fight.. i mind when they don't even try to learn and instead wipe us repeatedly rather than say "hey, i dont understand this mechanic - can you explain?".
    Unicorn - 38 Dwarf Mage

<Threshold>
    Guardian - Reclaimer PvP

I think most people are afraid to tell people they don't know the fights because of the risk of getting kicked from a group... If people were more "generally" helpful in pug runs, more people would seek help.

I personally wish the fights were so hard, that even knowing the fights it was still a challenge, mechanics and movements are where its at.

Nerf PAPER,
    SCISSORS are fine.

Signed,
    ROCK

Some people don't like to cheat to over come a challanging encounter. And yes it is like cheating.
    So you would rather wipe 4 other people repeatedly than just ask for some clarification on mechanics you don't understand... all because you think its "cheating"?
    Unicorn - 38 Dwarf Mage

<Threshold>
    Guardian - Reclaimer PvP

Haha... ya because the same guy won't get booted for wiping the group 5 times in a row (after keeping his mouth shut)...right?

Honestly, I've never been booted from a group for saying "hey, i haven't run this yet, please explain the fight".

lol Challanging? hahahaha
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Shadowlander

It actually goes both ways. I was in a PUG group and said at the start that I had not run the instance. As we got to each area/boss, I would ask, "What is the strategy?". No one would respond and before I knew it the tank pulled.

So there are just bad players all around. Unfortunately that is what you get with any MMO. Some good, some bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast