+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Fml pugs cant dps

Quote Originally Posted by Carolius View Post
    PS. just having 100 toughness/hit DOESN'T mean you are geared to rock out in T2. So many folks run a couple T1's, get 3-4 pieces of gear and think just because they hit that one magic number that they are set.
    Not true. Kruunch's 23/20/23 spec that floats around Warrior Forums is pretty gear-independent, and can carry you as long as you have the 100 toughness.

Likewise, Spike's 30/24/12 DPS spec is just a faceroll with two macros if you're hit-capped for T2.

But isn't that the crux of the issue? Isn't OP complaining that some players aren't even willing to research the specs that CAN BE COPIED AND PASTED to victory but still expect to still be kept in parties? And if they are kicked, then the only possible explanation is that the party leader is an elitist, sadistic, hardcore, game-killing, server population declining, super nerd living in mom's basement, raging power gamer ******bag?

Me personally, I run with a very good healer. I am a pretty decent tank. We've been farming T2s alot recently since we ran out of the Corrupted Souls since we're stacking more life resist for healers/squishies for Hylas. The only two places where I'm hesitant to try to carry people are CC and RD. That last boss of RD is a pain if you don't have the DPS. I consider Eliam a pseudo DPS check. Gronik/Julth are hard DPS checks (but we cheese Julth anyway so it doesn't matter).

I have no problem carrying guildies or sub-par DPS for AP/DD/first 5 bosses of RD. I respectfully tell them that I need to sub them out for another guildie on last boss of RD if I don't think we can do it. Or I tell them that we don't have the DPS for CC, why not do AP instead for now? Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Anomolis View Post
    ok so don't help players get gear. guess they will never be correctly geared then. days pass while you won't group with them but 1 dungeon run and they could have that epic dagger and epic chest.
    No point helping them get gear when they've more than likely got a fail spec and rotation anyway.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ruxen View Post
    No point helping them get gear when they've more than likely got a fail spec and rotation anyway.
    Okay so lets put that brain to use then. How about let's educate the player why his spec and rotation is fail or are people going to come back and say, whats the point of helping with spec and rotation if they've more than likely got fail gear anyway? If the player refuses to learn then we have a different story.

Where did yall get a parsar? Me wants one

Hell, if someone says my DPS sucks, im not going to get mad. Im going to see what they say, how their rotation compares to mine and if it works, then so be it. lol, im no elitist, but i do want to help my group, be that is a pug or guild run.
    Last edited by Hakumen; 05-04-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    Pentium 2 800mhZ CPU
    Wth is a video card??
    186 RAM Stick..
    A computer box.. tower
    A pretty small Hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by RSteele View Post
    Okay so lets put that brain to use then. How about let's educate the player why his spec and rotation is fail or are people going to come back and say, whats the point of helping with spec and rotation if they've more than likely got fail gear anyway? If the player refuses to learn then we have a different story.
    If they don't have the brain to educate themselves on what is good and what is not BEFORE they enter the dungeon then they're a waste of my time and the time of the rest of my group.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

Champion

Read the front page of the forums. Get a parser and hit a target dummy for a bit. Spend some time and some plat to make yourself a better player. I'm not going to brink-and-mortar my way to success with every guild mate to build a 20-man raid; if a player isn't willing to contribute towards bettering their gameplay, they're not going to contribute to my raid whether they have full epics or not.

Any great player of an MMO loves to constantly monitor their performance. This isnt to toot their own horn, its to monitor improvement. If your getting better gear, changing your spec, maybe a new patch came out that altered some abilities.. you will want to know how it has affected your character. Those of us who love to maximize our abilities do crunch our numbers with Parsers. It shows us what we need to change.. cause i personally cant stand the fact knowing that my spec is hindering my Healing or damage output. Those people who just like to play for fun and dont really care about their numbers are either A., younger than 14, B. in the 38-80 year old gray hair, or C. on parental control locks. One of the easy ways i know is messaging someone competent is when i ask them "whats your usual singe target dps bro?" and they immediately response with something like 500-600 usually, depends if i have to go ranged". That shows me they know their numbers, they somewhat know their class. What i dont like to see is either no reply at all, or something like "uhhh i think like 221, but my guildie said i was doing 300 last week, but i got new gear and i have 3 tier1 pieces and ive been to greenscale 3 times so im good".

FML is just such a good saying when i invite someone with full tier 2 and some tier 3 and they cant get over 500 dps.... such an epic FML moment cause i know when i ask them wtf they are doing, they are going to get *****y. Its not that 500 dps isnt acceptable for a tier 2... it is. But its like a star athlete showing up for a match and tanking it... "I expect more from you, slacker tally whacker".
    Last edited by Santent; 05-04-2011 at 09:36 AM.

50 Cleric
    Sub Par DPS Extraordinaire

join a guild with like-minded people, run dungeons with said people, ???, profit.

Rift Disciple

Take a look at the defensive posts in this thread to see why doing this is worthless. Most people don't feel the need to perform up to par, thus helping them is worthless. Seems like a lot of people have fun being average or worse than average, and the second you try to help them, they think you're an "elitist" and claim you're "ruining the game".
    Last edited by mcl5000; 05-04-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcl5000 View Post
    Take a look at the defensive posts in this thread to see why doing this is worthless. Most people don't feel the need to perform up to par, thus helping them is worthless. Seems like a lot of people have fun being average or worse than average, and the second you try to help them, they think you're an "elitist" and claim you're "ruining the game".
    The one's who get called elitists and ruining the game are mostly the people being jerks, ijs.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1169507&dateline=1307  205688
    Kats@Vigil - 50 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by AlexE View Post
    The one's who get called elitists and ruining the game are mostly the people being jerks, ijs.
    Point made MCL5000, this guy has done nothing but be defensive in all his posts on this topic. Its obvious he holds some bitterness to being treated like dookie on his shard. Just out of curiosity... what is your single target dps AlexE? Oh wait, you dont know, that ruins the game right? When you spec into your souls is it like the lottery? Do you blindfold yourself and just start clicking, giggling and go with whatever talents youve clicked on?

HEY MOMMA!!! Look at these abilities im ganna get this week! Im ganna suck, mannnn am i ganna suck, but im ganna have fun cause i pay 15 bucks a month just like Santent who does 1300 hps in 5 mans!!!!!"

I actually pay 10, and its more like 1400 in some fights.

As always, tickets are on sale the QQ train sold by yours truly, ill be in first class, wheres your a**? (view signature)
    Last edited by Santent; 05-04-2011 at 11:14 AM.

50 Cleric
    Sub Par DPS Extraordinaire

This is totally aside... but I always find it funny when people brag about huge healing numbers. It either means your team is positioning poorly or your tank is taking massive damage. Yeah, sometimes its unavoidable and yeah it's good to be able to sustain that... but I'd rather have a team not a breath from death.

Quote Originally Posted by Santent View Post
    Point made MCL5000, this guy has done nothing but be defensive in all his posts on this topic. Its obvious he holds some bitterness to being treated like dookie on his shard. Just out of curiosity... what is your single target dps AlexE? Oh wait, you dont know, that ruins the game right? When you spec into your souls is it like the lottery? Do you blindfold yourself and just start clicking, giggling and go with whatever talents youve clicked on?

HEY MOMMA!!! Look at these abilities im ganna get this week! Im ganna suck, mannnn am i ganna suck, but im ganna have fun cause i pay 15 bucks a month just like Santent who does 1300 hps in 5 mans!!!!!"

I actually pay 10, and its more like 1400 in some fights.

As always, tickets are on sale the QQ train sold by yours truly, ill be in first class, wheres your a**? (view signature)
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Rift Disciple

Default soul combination rotations are not intuitive

The problem why dps is "harder" to obtain in rift than other games is the best skills and rotations are NOT intuitive at all.

For example, on my necrolock the best DPS i can get actually never puts "deathly calling" - the main dps bonus debuff for pets on the mob...

go figure ?

in rift Less=more and figuring out what that those "less skills are" can only be obtained by hitting a dummy and figuring it out... its just not intuitive like other games.

People will figure this out and there are certainly cookie cutter builds/macros out there you can find but all in all, it is a weakness of the soul system...

What skills do i use ?

For mages at least, its not all about Skill XXX does YYYY dmg with ZZZ cast time. because spellpower coefficients are different for every skill..

Some scale alot better than others, which makes figuring it out, a bit harder.

Champion

the only spot i really dont like pugging is a tank, you can alway make up for bad healers by adding another, or low dps, just takes longer. bad tanks though will wipe you over and over.

when i look for dps for a tier 1 all i ask is that they out dps me healing and i really wont even ask unless its kings breach or ROTF. sadly that doesnt always happen but hey what are you gonna do.

tier 2's however, im sorry im not here to wipe over and over because someone thinks they are entitled to run it. there is a minimum level of competance to run them and you shouldnt just expect to be carried through it if your bad, go back to tier ones and get better.

spose this is all gonna change now that they are nerfing dungeons though.

oh and fwiw id rather carry low dps than carry someone who thinks they are awsome but only knows how to exploit a boss and cant handle doing fights legit.
    Last edited by Shieldy; 05-04-2011 at 12:31 PM.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

And this boys and girls is why you do not give parsers to ****** bags like the OT it brings out the worst in most. In the right hands it is a great tool to help teach someone in the wrong hands you see the OT's comments happen
    Kozo
    50 Rogue
    Sorry About Your Village
    Wolfsbane Guardian

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o266/Paintedtarget/stormtroopermex.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast