+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: T1 + T2 Gear questions

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default T1 + T2 Gear questions

    Hello Everyone! So today i completed what I thought to be was T1 gear. (Rouge RDPS). I assumed that the T1 gear, which would be enough to allow me to be useful in T2 dungeons, was gear bought from the minor relic vendor, withe the plaques of achievement. But I have been kicked out of a few groups because I was "under geared" I have 106 hit.

    But thats besides the point.

    I just want to know what is considered "T1" gear, "T2" gear and how do you go about obtaining said gear.

    And how does the Tier system work in Rift anyways? Such as is T2 gear what you are expected to have to raid Greenscale?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SighlentJay View Post
    Hello Everyone! So today i completed what I thought to be was T1 gear. (Rouge RDPS). I assumed that the T1 gear, which would be enough to allow me to be useful in T2 dungeons, was gear bought from the minor relic vendor, withe the plaques of achievement. But I have been kicked out of a few groups because I was "under geared" I have 106 hit.

    But thats besides the point.

    I just want to know what is considered "T1" gear, "T2" gear and how do you go about obtaining said gear.

    And how does the Tier system work in Rift anyways? Such as is T2 gear what you are expected to have to raid Greenscale?

    Thanks!
    hit/focus/toughness minimum and cap
    T1 = 50-100
    T2= 100-150

    for plaque gear there is 2 vendors. one sells t1 and the other t2.
    then there is a raid gear vendor which takes plaques + another item.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Prolly because of your bow?

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bungto View Post
    Prolly because of your bow?
    This is the bow that I have http://rift.zam.com/en/item/FAEDB0C8...1/Corpse-Maker

    And I have 106 Hit. Idk what else could have been wrong.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLucidity View Post
    hit/focus/toughness minimum and cap
    T1 = 50-100
    T2= 100-150

    for plaque gear there is 2 vendors. one sells t1 and the other t2.
    then there is a raid gear vendor which takes plaques + another item.
    This is kind of misleading. For T1, anything above 50ish is wasted as you reach the hit cap. For T2, anything above 100ish is wasted as you reach the hit cap.

    The minimum you listed is actually the cap for that tier.
    Last edited by Breadmold; 05-02-2011 at 10:11 AM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Dinadass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breadmold View Post
    This is kind of misleading. For T1, anything above 50ish is wasted as you reach the hit cap. For T2, anything above 100ish is wasted as you reach the hit cap.

    The minimum you listed is actually the cap for that tier.
    It's been too long since I've done T1, but I can say with absolute certainty that you will still be dodged and maybe even have misses at 100 hit in T2. This is on regular trash mobs and bosses, not just ones that have dodge buffs (like some of the spiders in DD).
    Last edited by Dinadass; 05-02-2011 at 10:22 AM.

    <Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    131

    Default

    You probably were kicked because you were a rogue... not because of your gear or stats. They assume your contribution is going to be less compared to some of the other classes that are available. Either that or they kicked you for a guildy. Welcome to the world of MMOs... roll a mage and they could care less what gear you have on.

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breadmold View Post
    This is kind of misleading. For T1, anything above 50ish is wasted as you reach the hit cap. For T2, anything above 100ish is wasted as you reach the hit cap.

    The minimum you listed is actually the cap for that tier.
    http://www.mhowland.net/share/images...rogression.png

    you should learn things before you try and teach

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    I have 147 Hit now... hopefully i'll get some good pugs tonight

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    115

    Default

    To be honest, they either kicked you for not knowing the mechanics or asking. They probably had a guildie ready to take your spot and they made up BS about being undergeared. I take people with greens and blues to T2s knowing that they will be worthless but that's only because my core 3-man group can do those instances until dps check fights.

    The only person i ever kicked was a tank that had 97 toughness in DD ex with half his equip in blue and the other half mixed between green and crafted epics. He only had 7.5k HP unbuffed. He didnt taunt at all so my reason for booting him was that he flat out needed to learn his class. When every trash pack was attacking everyone but the tank guess who got the boot. He went to the global channel to b!tch about me, but it was funny when the server turned against him knowing that on Guardian side I run good PUGs.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    127

    Default

    I was offended today when I was kicked out of a group because under geared reasons......

    Mind you, I traded 3 purples for 3 blues.... (I had 3 blue pieces that I had equipped rather than the 3 purple that sit in my bank...) because they are far better dps rogue gear than the t1 relic vendor.... Pretty much the difference is (7 less endurance and maybe 90 less armour....) But they offer over 60 phys crit.... compared to the counter parts....

    The person that kicked me out of the group was a rogue also.... so not really sure wtf he is on besides being blinded by purple gear vs blue gear....

    I have 180 hit, and 604 phys crit unbuffed...... could have 210 hit, if I sacrifice a bit of phys crit and dps....
    Last edited by Maguson; 05-03-2011 at 07:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts