+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Expert Dungeon Rapid Assault Achievements Broken

Telaran

Default Expert Dungeon Rapid Assault Achievements Broken

Today, we ran RD expert in less than 40 minutes and CC expert in less than 45 minutes and did not get the Rapid Assault achievements. I ran a timer starting a few seconds before first combat for each. Finished RD in 39 minutes and CC in 36 minutes. We did have to reset RD a few times (before we killed Rictus) because of some screw ups, but we did not reset CC at all. We did spend a lot of time idling getting ready and waiting for people after zoning in, but the achievement timer is supposed to start with first combat, NOT on zone-in. We also used raid frames, but that shouldn't matter. It seems like everyone uses raid frames for easier healing/cleansing nowadays anyway.
    Last edited by Leto Atreides II; 05-01-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Leto Atreides II View Post
    Today, we ran RD expert in less than 40 minutes and CC expert in less than 45 minutes and did not get the Rapid Assault achievements. I ran a timer starting a few seconds before first combat for each. Finished RD in 39 minutes and CC in 36 minutes. We did have to reset RD a few times (before we killed Rictus) because of some screw ups, but we did not reset CC at all. We did spend a lot of time idling getting ready and waiting for people after zoning in, but the achievement timer is supposed to start with first combat, NOT on zone-in. We also used raid frames, but that shouldn't matter. It seems like everyone uses raid frames for easier healing/cleansing nowadays anyway.
    Correction, CC RA achievement is 40 minutes but we still did it well below par time.

Rift Disciple

My group did RD yesterday, so it is working. We did however have trouble after resetting instances the other day. That is prolly what happened to you.

Have you guys tried DSM yet? We did it in about 55m without any sappers... after the patch it should be cake

Telaran

Did you (or anyone else who has done Rapid Assault successfully) start your timer immediately on zone-in or did you wait around inside for 10-30 minutes after zone-in before starting? That's what my groups usually do. People don't all get there at the same time, need to zone out and back in for resummon, need to afk before starting, switch builds, summon pets, get ready, etc. We do all this because the timer is supposed to start on first combat, not on first zone-in. Also, did you use raid frames?

We never bothered to try for the DSM achievement due to the long trash clearing and most packs being unskippable. I always figured the best time to try that would be after the patch.
    Last edited by Leto Atreides II; 05-02-2011 at 06:20 AM.

The descriptions are wrong. The timer starts the moment someone zones in.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by BioSector View Post
    The descriptions are wrong. The timer starts the moment someone zones in.
    That explains a lot, maybe everything. Thanks! Now I just hope raid frames don't bug it either.
    Last edited by Leto Atreides II; 05-02-2011 at 10:33 AM.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Zor

-The timer should be starting as soon as first combat starts.
    -If the dungeon is reset after a boss has been killed the achievement is disabled.
    -It doesn't matter which frames you use.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Zor; 05-02-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    -Berenger Fish-
    Dungeons & Raids Lead

Just did them yesterday in CC and other instances, server firsts, so they're not broken.
    Old school raid

pvp

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zor View Post
    -If the dungeon is reset after a boss has been killed the achievement is disabled.

Hope that helps.

I've tried the RD speedrun, and it didn't work. We did the run in 30 minutes, so either it's bugged or it started counting before first combat.

Also done DSM in 39 minutes, but didn't get given the achievement.
    Last edited by FatChocobo; 05-02-2011 at 06:02 PM.

General of Telara

It's clearly bugged in both ways.

Got the AP rapid assault achievement with my progression group that's just starting to do T2s and doesn't read much strats before testing new instances, so it took far more time to clean it than the 40 mins of whatever was in that achievement description

So i'm guessing the timer can reset mid way (like it seemed to happen for my team) and also be disabled without reason somehow (since Zor mention it's disabled under a certain condition and if everyone is positive that their run took less time than needed ...)

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanol View Post
    It's clearly bugged in both ways.

Got the AP rapid assault achievement with my progression group that's just starting to do T2s and doesn't read much strats before testing new instances, so it took far more time to clean it than the 40 mins of whatever was in that achievement description

So i'm guessing the timer can reset mid way (like it seemed to happen for my team) and also be disabled without reason somehow (since Zor mention it's disabled under a certain condition and if everyone is positive that their run took less time than needed ...)
    AP is bugged and always give it. If you didn't earn it I think you'll lose the achievement with 1.2
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanol View Post

...)
    AP is or at least was bugged so that you got it for killing the next to last and last boss within 40 min of each other. Don't know if they ever fixed that or not.

Iron Tombs Rapid Assault is also bugged. 24 minute run, no achievement. The people timing it were extremely precise in when they started the timers w/ the first pull.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zor View Post

Hope that helps.
    This is definitely not the case. As I posted, we did CC in less than 36 minutes. We downed Caelia without skipping any bosses (if that's even possible) in 35 minutes and something seconds; the achievement is 40 minutes. I timed it with a stopwatch that I started right before first combat. We did not reset the dungeon at all. We did not get the achievement.

As I said, we were idle in the dungeon for a long time before first combat. We had one person zone back out and back in to resummon people a few times. Nobody aggro'd a mob early or anything. But we did buff up, change roles, summon pets, etc. Maybe using some skills triggers the timer. Or maybe it is just starting on first zone-in.

The AP achievement does seem to be broken, and perhaps the other Rapid Assault achievements are buggy in similar or other ways. A lot of achievements in the game are completely broken. You often seem to be rewarded an achievement for doing the exact opposite of what you're supposed to do (Big Heals in IT, spike achievement for Konstantin in KB, etc.).
    Last edited by Leto Atreides II; 05-03-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Perhaps a certain mob attacked starts the timer and people are skipping that mob.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast