+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toughness % Cap for bosses based on T1 T2 /raids?

Default Toughness % Cap for bosses based on T1 T2 /raids?

I've heard reports of after getting to 50 for t1 100 t2 ect. Toughness no longer does any good to increase, can anyone confirm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    From now on I discriminate against addon users. No addons will be allowed in my groups. /discussion.
    Does that mean no vent?

Stand up and Fight.

Sounds about right.
    Old school raid

pvp

Quote Originally Posted by drizzt459 View Post
    Sounds about right.
    Sounds not about right. You need 150 for raids. Now if you never plan on raiding then 100 is all you need. But just getting t2 tank drops and / or plaque items will get you 150 anyways so it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanst View Post
    Sounds not about right. You need 150 for raids. Now if you never plan on raiding then 100 is all you need. But just getting t2 tank drops and / or plaque items will get you 150 anyways so it doesn't matter.
    My question is going over cap worth it? like getting 160 or 170?
    From now on I discriminate against addon users. No addons will be allowed in my groups. /discussion.
    Does that mean no vent?

Stand up and Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanshan View Post
    My question is going over cap worth it? like getting 160 or 170?
    Right now...no. But if you have full t3 you'll have 200 toughness. Im sure new tiers of raids will raise the toughness cap, so while it does nothing for you right now, you shouldn't stop getting items with toughness increases if its an upgrade none the less. Now you probably shouldn't put a 20 toughness rune on your chest piece if you don't need it...

Quote Originally Posted by Shanst View Post
    Right now...no. But if you have full t3 you'll have 200 toughness. Im sure new tiers of raids will raise the toughness cap, so while it does nothing for you right now, you shouldn't stop getting items with toughness increases if its an upgrade none the less. Now you probably shouldn't put a 20 toughness rune on your chest piece if you don't need it...
    Aight thats what ive wanted to know.
    Does that mean no vent?

Stand up and Fight.

I heard 100 toughness is the cap for T2, but I swear I noticed difference after I got 150+ toughness in T2, survived a lot better, however it could just be me imaging things or just having better healers...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by icywind View Post
    I heard 100 toughness is the cap for T2, but I swear I noticed difference after I got 150+ toughness in T2, survived a lot better, however it could just be me imaging things or just having better healers...
    Or your gear got better :P

You will get 200 toughness automatically. (With gear ofc)
    Hopeless Cleric - Whitefall >_>
    Fateless Warrior - Whitefall <_<

Inglorious Basterd

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by icywind View Post
    Unlike hit/focus you actually gain (some, even if small) benefit from gaining more toughness (over the cap).
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 05-05-2011 at 12:35 AM.

Telaran

Stacking Toughness reduces the base damage you take from crits. All hitting 50 Toughness means in T1 is it's now reasonable for a healer to be able to keep the tank alive. It's not a hard and fast number. The more Toughness, the easier it gets.

I have over 100 Toughness and I still get critted in T1s, but I take a lot less damage from them than I did with around 50.

Quote Originally Posted by lokana View Post
    I have over 100 Toughness and I still get critted in T1s, but I take a lot less damage from them than I did with around 50.
    They specifically said last patch that this is no longer true. They said there is no longer any value in being over the cap as you can not reduce the crit to below non crit damage any more like you used to be able to.

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lokana View Post
    Stacking Toughness reduces the base damage you take from crits. All hitting 50 Toughness means in T1 is it's now reasonable for a healer to be able to keep the tank alive. It's not a hard and fast number. The more Toughness, the easier it gets.

No toughness over the cap does nothing. The toughness caps are the values where a critical hit does the same amount of damage as a normal hit. The reason you still get crit is because you are not crit immune but simple reduced the damage this is necessary because certain reactives proc on getting crit.

The reason you take less damage in T1's going from 50 to 100 toughness is simple because you upgraded your gear to reach the new value.

And as said before T1's cap at 50 toughness (100% reduction), T2's cap at 100 toughness (200% reduction) and raids cap at 150 toughness (300% reduction).

Telaran

Ah, alrighty. I was just going off what the tool tip said. I guess I'll go back to stacking End and Dodge / Parry with my rogue from now on.

People swear that more toughness over the cap 'feels tankier'. I do too.

But it's not because of the toughness.

There is a strong correlation between more toughness and better stats. So yes, more toughness does make you tankier, but indirectly. Better mitigation stats and more toughness come hand in hand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast