+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 61 to 73 of 73

Thread: River of Souls Trash Makes Me Want to Cancel My Account

  1. #61
    Shield of Telara Fluffycalico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    Obivously I did. And RoS trash is more annoying than either. It's comparable to AQ40 trash, and that's not a good thing.

    Why are people in this thread so determined to defend this obnoxious trash? Do you really want every raid to be designed like this from here on out? Look, I get that it can be managed. My own raid manages it. But it's tedious as hell, and it's in all of our best interests to let the devs know this and not to repeat this particular raid design in the future. It's stupid timesink we can all do without.
    If you can't handle the trash you don't deserve the boss loot.

  2. #62
    Plane Touched TheRealCheesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    242

    Default

    If you don't feel the pain when I say "pre nerf mimiron trash" you don't know **** about trash.

  3. #63
    Telaran Fried's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    Obivously I did. And RoS trash is more annoying than either. It's comparable to AQ40 trash, and that's not a good thing.

    Why are people in this thread so determined to defend this obnoxious trash? Do you really want every raid to be designed like this from here on out? Look, I get that it can be managed. My own raid manages it. But it's tedious as hell, and it's in all of our best interests to let the devs know this and not to repeat this particular raid design in the future. It's stupid timesink we can all do without.
    AQ40 Trash created some of my favorite memories in WoW. Trash before Ouro and C'thun instantly respawning after we killed it preventing two world first kills for my guild, while frustrating, made us more creative, our rogues eneded up studying the trash paths for over 30 hours combined between them, and our guild as a whole came out stronger because of it.

    Why do you seem to expect everything to be handed to you so easily? Trash is and should be a part of all raids. The more time put into raids makes the accomplishment of finishing the raid that much better. It's not particularly hard trash at all, but having obstacles is a good thing, IMO.

  4. #64
    oui
    oui is offline
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    103

    Default

    There will always be braggarts who say "lol faceroll trash just use cc I'm awesome." But you have to agree that the quality of game time is greatly diminished when you're having to clear an hours worth of trash for a 5 minute boss fight.

  5. #65
    Prophet of Telara TyrLith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oui View Post
    There will always be braggarts who say "lol faceroll trash just use cc I'm awesome." But you have to agree that the quality of game time is greatly diminished when you're having to clear an hours worth of trash for a 5 minute boss fight.
    CC?what.. we just aoe everything down.. :\ have 3 tanks chainpull trash..

  6. #66
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    416

    Default

    It isn't that bad. But I do agree, there is probably a little too much trash in there.

    If the trash pulls are difficult, then make 3-5 pulls and that be it. We cleared 2 bosses and the focuses last night in under 3 hours, and 95% of the time was spent clearing trash. We only wiped one time on a boss too.

    Overall, it gets a little old clearing trash mobs with 20 people. The only benefit I see from it is getting random drops from mobs, and of course the faction for some people.

    But yes, the amount of trash should be decreased some ...

  7. #67
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    So yesterday we went RoS with the guild. We raided for 4 hours. In that time, we spent 15 mins on a Dark Focus and 30 mins on Warmaster Galenir, the remaining 3 hours 15 mins were on trash. We aren't very experienced in RoS, but still this should say enough.
    Is most of the trash in the instance just in the first part leading up to Warmaster, or is there still a ton between the other bosses as well? I read that once Warmaster is dead a lot (or maybe all) of the trash leading up to him stays despawned. Can anyone verify or comment on any of this? Thanks.

  8. #68
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    176

    Default

    I guess they should put in a VOA so you can get loot by just fighting bosses and getting your looties so you can go rejoice with your easy gear?

  9. #69
    Prophet of Telara Flaviusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCheesy View Post
    If you don't feel the pain when I say "pre nerf mimiron trash" you don't know **** about trash.
    Actually, I rather enjoyed that trash.

  10. #70
    Prophet of Telara Flaviusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffycalico View Post
    If you can't handle the trash you don't deserve the boss loot.
    It's not a question of being able to handle the trash. It's a question of tedium and timesinks. The trash is excessive and frontloaded and people try to keep turning this into a lrn2play thing. It's not.

  11. #71
    Prophet of Telara Flaviusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fried View Post
    AQ40 Trash created some of my favorite memories in WoW. Trash before Ouro and C'thun instantly respawning after we killed it preventing two world first kills for my guild, while frustrating, made us more creative, our rogues eneded up studying the trash paths for over 30 hours combined between them, and our guild as a whole came out stronger because of it.

    Why do you seem to expect everything to be handed to you so easily? Trash is and should be a part of all raids. The more time put into raids makes the accomplishment of finishing the raid that much better. It's not particularly hard trash at all, but having obstacles is a good thing, IMO.
    It's a quality of life thing. I'm cool with challenging trash. I'm not cool with sheer timesinks. There's nothing interesting about this trash after the 12th pull. It also seems to me ridiculous the amount of pulls involved before you arrive at an actual boss fight (and I mean a real boss fight, not the foci.)

  12. #72
    Rift Chaser puddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Happy Dunfail? Your trash has been reduced, now kill some bosses and don't cry about the trash.

  13. #73
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCheesy View Post
    If you don't feel the pain when I say "pre nerf mimiron trash" you don't know **** about trash.
    You may want to look deeper into the history of the game you are referencing before talking about knowing nothing about trash.
    www.maximation.us
    #1 Guardian raiding guild. Check us out if you think you have what it takes!

    -Opi & Opii @ Shatterbone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts