+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Thread: Trion... what were you thinking.....

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    47

    Default Trion... what were you thinking.....

    I've run xRD two days in a row and BOTH days, we had all 5 bosses drop a blue every time.

    There is something wrong with a game where you run something that takes at least 1 hour to do (if you have an amazing group) and you literally get jack **** out of it.

    Sure, the blues that drop are about equivalent to t1 epics, but it's utter BS to take a big chunk out of your time playing the game to do a t2, and get a bunch of crappy blues no one needs.

    There's something called effort vs. reward, and right now it feels like a waste of time to run xRD.

    And to the inevitable morons who will show up and say that good things should be hard to get and they're glad Trion isn't giving out welfare epics.... I agree. However 10 blues and not 1 epic after 2 days of running xRD is ******ed and frankly unacceptable.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Krinadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkpunch View Post
    I've run xRD two days in a row and BOTH days, we had all 5 bosses drop a blue every time.

    There is something wrong with a game where you run something that takes at least 1 hour to do (if you have an amazing group) and you literally get jack **** out of it.

    Sure, the blues that drop are about equivalent to t1 epics, but it's utter BS to take a big chunk out of your time playing the game to do a t2, and get a bunch of crappy blues no one needs.

    There's something called effort vs. reward, and right now it feels like a waste of time to run xRD.

    And to the inevitable morons who will show up and say that good things should be hard to get and they're glad Trion isn't giving out welfare epics.... I agree. However 10 blues and not 1 epic after 2 days of running xRD is ******ed and frankly unacceptable.
    Are En Gee

    You got Plaques. That's your consolation prize.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krinadon View Post
    Are En Gee

    You got Plaques. That's your consolation prize.
    1. It's not much of a consolation prize when the only thing i REALLY need from experts is a weapon.

    2. Sure, plaques are nice, but I can get those from any expert, why would I ever run xRD for them?

    3. There's literally no excuse for 10 blues and no epics in 2 days running one of the hardest dungeons in the game and spending on average an hour and a half of my time in there. I would not care if I had to run xRD 10 times in a row for Suncrusher to drop, as long as the group was getting decent loot along the way. I'm used to having to grind for loot (Deathbringer's Will, anyone?) however normally other people are getting loot, and not BS blues every damn time.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker crono14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    446

    Default

    So many "I's" and my and me in there
    Onolawk - 60 Guardian Mage
    Former Maximation Raider

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    So many "I's" and my and me in there
    I think you missed the part where nobody got anything good and not just me?

  6. #6
    Plane Walker crono14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkpunch View Post
    I think you missed the part where nobody got anything good and not just me?
    your point is? Loot table is RNG, nothing more....crying on the forums about it is not going to change the situation,
    Onolawk - 60 Guardian Mage
    Former Maximation Raider

  7. #7
    Ascendant nand chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkpunch View Post
    1. It's not much of a consolation prize when the only thing i REALLY need from experts is a weapon.

    2. Sure, plaques are nice, but I can get those from any expert, why would I ever run xRD for them?

    3. There's literally no excuse for 10 blues and no epics in 2 days running one of the hardest dungeons in the game and spending on average an hour and a half of my time in there. I would not care if I had to run xRD 10 times in a row for Suncrusher to drop, as long as the group was getting decent loot along the way. I'm used to having to grind for loot (Deathbringer's Will, anyone?) however normally other people are getting loot, and not BS blues every damn time.
    So you expect to run two expert dungeons and be fully geared to your teeth in epics? Roll a cleric.

    And if it makes you any happier, Trion is forcing people to use plaque gear in 1.2 either way so there's no more reason to rely on or complain about RNG drops, except for weapons (which should be as rare as they currently are. It took me 4 weeks to get a purple dagger and I'm not complaining).

    If it makes you even happier, Trion also made it so that at least one epic has to drop from the final bosses. No more "OMG I GOT ONLY BLUES AND NO EHPIX" whining from you, no sir.
    Last edited by nand chan; 04-30-2011 at 09:26 PM.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    your point is? Loot table is RNG, nothing more....crying on the forums about it is not going to change the situation,
    Hm, I wonder how any changes ever come about in games like these? It certainly isnt from player feedback that the devs see and.... wait

    "<Apathy> Defiants- Faemist
    www.apathyrift.com Apathy is Recruiting!!
    5/5 Greenscale's Blight
    2/4 River Of Souls

    Onolock- 50 Mage
    Chloromancer
    Stormcaller/Elementalist"

    I should have known not to expect any sympathy from you. You don't need anything from t2's anymore. But for the people that still need their weapon to be able to raid, this type of bull **** is ridiculous.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    47

    Default

    and I would reply to you nand chan but judging by the first thing you said it's quite obvious you didn't read my original post and thus it's no use replying to you anyway because you won't read it.

  10. #10
    Ascendant ---AlterEgo---'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkpunch View Post
    ...but it's utter BS to take a big chunk out of your time playing the game to do a t2, and get a bunch of crappy blues no one needs...
    Sometimes that happens. My guild usually run 2-3 t2s everyday and sometimes we get nothing but blues and when that happens that sucks.
    But that'll be changing soon. I guess you didn't have a chance to look at the 1.2 patchnotes, so let me post this particular line for ya:
    * Expert Dungeon final bosses are now guaranteed to drop an Epic item. No more finishing the dungeon and getting nothing but Rare items for the whole run. Epic items still have a chance to drop from the rest of the bosses in the zone.
    At least there's ALWAYS going to be a purple drop from Expert dungeons once 1.2 comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass
    People on the internet are jerks, deal with it.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched Odinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    201

    Default

    In 1.2 end bosses in dungeons will always drop an epic piece. Other bosses have the same chance to possibly drop one.
    Last edited by Odinn; 04-30-2011 at 10:24 PM.

  12. #12
    Plane Walker Shanst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Kennewick, WA
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkpunch View Post
    1. It's not much of a consolation prize when the only thing i REALLY need from experts is a weapon.

    2. Sure, plaques are nice, but I can get those from any expert, why would I ever run xRD for them?

    3. There's literally no excuse for 10 blues and no epics in 2 days running one of the hardest dungeons in the game and spending on average an hour and a half of my time in there. I would not care if I had to run xRD 10 times in a row for Suncrusher to drop, as long as the group was getting decent loot along the way. I'm used to having to grind for loot (Deathbringer's Will, anyone?) however normally other people are getting loot, and not BS blues every damn time.
    Hrmm you compare WoW.....did heroics drop an epic everyone boss? It wasn't until the ICC heroics came out that they dropped epic's every boss because of whiny babies like yourself. Im sorry you didn't get weapons after 2 days of xRD. Maybe i should ***** about being in half t3 gear and still not seeing a shard of the planes drop in all the xRD's i've done since headstart.... Hrmm sounds like a thread time....

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanst View Post
    Hrmm you compare WoW.....did heroics drop an epic everyone boss? It wasn't until the ICC heroics came out that they dropped epic's every boss because of whiny babies like yourself. Im sorry you didn't get weapons after 2 days of xRD. Maybe i should ***** about being in half t3 gear and still not seeing a shard of the planes drop in all the xRD's i've done since headstart.... Hrmm sounds like a thread time....
    Hey look, another ******* who can't read the OP before replying.

    Shouldn't you be playing WoW with all the other simpletons?

  14. #14
    Plane Walker Shanst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Kennewick, WA
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkpunch View Post
    Hey look, another ******* who can't read the OP before replying.

    Shouldn't you be playing WoW with all the other simpletons?
    What exactly did I misinterpret from the OP. You ran xRD twice in a row and got all blues. You're mad and felt the need to come here and post on the forums because people didn't get anything worth it. They got plaques, but thats not good enough for him because you want a weapon. You feel that EVERY run should give someone something useful. You obviously fail to understand how RNG works and wants experts to be loot pinatas like heroics in WoW.

    Is there anything that i missed? Maybe you should eat your wheaties first, then come back to talk with the big boys.
    Last edited by Shanst; 05-02-2011 at 08:46 PM.

  15. #15
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    667

    Default

    To be honest, what would you do if you got that weapon in the first run? Unless you are raiding which I seriously doubt you will have everything you need and you will quit soon. Seriously, gear is raining on us in Rift more that it ever did in WoW (Even Wotlk). Get some clue and enjoy the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts