+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Making AP lower level.

Default Making AP lower level.

From about 45-48 you are in limbo with instances. yes you could run LH all the time by about level 44 it gets old and boring. It is a fairly easy instance. or you could take your chances at 47 to run AP. but some groups want 48+ to run it. so you really only have 1 instacne from 42-47 while you get 2 at 47.

My suggestion would be to lower the level of AP to around 45-48. and keep CC and LH where they are.

This may have been suggested before(sorry in advance if it has) and even if this change doesn't go through it isn't the end of the world. for me it would just make more sense that way.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Slutdragon View Post
    From about 45-48 you are in limbo with instances. yes you could run LH all the time by about level 44 it gets old and boring. It is a fairly easy instance. or you could take your chances at 47 to run AP. but some groups want 48+ to run it. so you really only have 1 instacne from 42-47 while you get 2 at 47.

My suggestion would be to lower the level of AP to around 45-48. and keep CC and LH where they are.

This may have been suggested before(sorry in advance if it has) and even if this change doesn't go through it isn't the end of the world. for me it would just make more sense that way.
    Try running RD occassionaly? Its pretty much the same level as LH
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Quote Originally Posted by Slutdragon View Post

You pretty much only get 1 instance at a time your entire leveling experience. Normal AP and CC have a minimum level of 47, but a group of only level 47s would have a difficult time.

That being said, I agree you run out of things to do a few times between 40-50.

Plane Walker

NO.

the whole reason you get 2 dungeons to run at 48+ is so that people don't start moaning that gearing for T1 is too boring.

leave things as they are because the levelling is fine.
    Last edited by twistinthunder; 04-29-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Champion

The dungeon spread is pretty much the same through out the game.

first one is around 16 (and is the odd one out) then its 22,28,32,38,42,48

So 45-48 may be a "vacuum" of dungeons but so is 24-28, 34-38.

Thats why theres quests and other stuff to do inbetween dungeons, and these are even more important at the 45+ mark as it starts getting you your gear for tier 1 dungeons.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dasorine View Post

Thats why theres quests and other stuff to do inbetween dungeons, and these are even more important at the 45+ mark as it starts getting you your gear for tier 1 dungeons.
    odddly it more that you stay in LH range so much longer than other dungeons and the fact that you get such a small fraction of a lvl from clearing it. i think i did 12 lh's while leveling next to the 4ish of the others.
    Just because its broke for blizzard doent mean its going to be broken on Rift.
    If you write off everything jerks can use to be jerks; you might as well just go play Olympic Wall Starring

LH mobs are 44 and 45, right?

I don't think you're "done" with it at 44. But there's some group epic quest stuff in south Droughtlands - feels like dungeon mobs. Check it out.

Champion

Yeah thats really the only issue, the rate of leveling at 40+ is much much higher than the previous levels.

But as I said, theres also plenty more to be doing at that level to prepare yourself for hitting 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasorine View Post

Its 16(rof) 19(IT) 22(DM) 25(DSM) 28(FC) 31(KB) 34(RD) 40(LH) and then nothing till 48....lol you're telling people to run LH for 8 levels if they don't prefer to quest?...

Honestly the best exp is rifting 40+. LH is really bad exp and boring as hell. Get a few friends and go major rift hunting and you'll level fast. Not to mention get tons of money lol.

Shield of Telara

Bosses in LH are like level 44~
    How is that "40"?

I agree 45-48~ is a bit low on dungeons, but you also got 3 zones to play in for invasions and questing etc.

As for not liking questing.
    Heres a little secret.
    Most people don't. >.<
    Its just fastest way to get to max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanst View Post
    Its 16(rof) 19(IT) 22(DM) 25(DSM) 28(FC) 31(KB) 34(RD) 40(LH) and then nothing till 48....lol you're telling people to run LH for 8 levels if they don't prefer to quest?...

Honestly the best exp is rifting 40+. LH is really bad exp and boring as hell. Get a few friends and go major rift hunting and you'll level fast. Not to mention get tons of money lol.
    KB is 33 minimum. The mobs are 35, at 32 you won't hit anything. Same with RD, you need to be 38 unless you're being carried. LH mobs are 44, so no less than 42.
    Kalistrasz
    Level 50 Warrior
    "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general." - Mark Rippetoe

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    KB is 33 minimum. The mobs are 35, at 32 you won't hit anything. Same with RD, you need to be 38 unless you're being carried. LH mobs are 44, so no less than 42.
    Hmm I've always done KB with groups of 32s... never had issues with hitting or such.

Quote Originally Posted by scfs123 View Post
    Bosses in LH are like level 44~
    How is that "40"?

I agree 45-48~ is a bit low on dungeons, but you also got 3 zones to play in for invasions and questing etc.

As for not liking questing.
    Heres a little secret.
    Most people don't. >.<
    Its just fastest way to get to max level.
    I Tanked and dps'd LH at 40. Leveled 2 levels doing LH and got bored of that instance and just rifted to 50.

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    During head start we started KB at 31. We started RD at 34 and LH at 40. We had 0 problems finishing the instance and no one was being carried because we were all the same level. Anything else?

+ Reply to Thread