+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bugs in Expert Abyssal Precipice

Default Bugs in Expert Abyssal Precipice

My group consisting of a Chloromancer, Riftstalker, Inquisitor, Ranger, and Beastmaster encountered many very bad (and time consuming) bugs in an Expert Abyssal Precipice run last night.

First Boss:
    We wiped first attempt. That was not a bug; just a normal wipe. However, it may have led to the bugs we encountered on the second attempt:

The boss's abilities were out of sync. He would lay down his pillar too early, and we would run around behind it when he started to cast his big AOE spell, and by the time he finished casting the pillar would disappear (naturally, this caused us all to die instantly). We wiped once more while his abilities were out of sync. On the fourth attempt, his abilities were synchronized again and we had no problems.

Second Boss:
    We wiped first attempt right after he called out the big bird. DPS switched to the bird too soon, and the tank ended up taking too much damage from both the bird and the human boss while the healer was stunned. This was not a bug, but it may have led to the bug we encountered on the second attempt:

We engaged the human boss normally and took down his health. He did not call down the big bird. At 12%, he stopped taking damage. We were locked in an eternal battle where the boss could hurt us and continued to summon little birds, but we could not hurt him. The Chloromancer heals were still getting to the tank, even though no damage numbers were popping up over the boss. He wasn't "IMMUNE" to damage, his health pool just wasn't registering that he was taking any. After fighting him like that for three more minutes, we gave up and wiped voluntarily. Next attempt he died normally and we defeated the encounter.

PC Warrior Beastmaster aura:
    Many of the trash pulls were made more difficult due to the bug that causes Beastmaster warriors to gain aggro on a ranged tank pull, even if the Beastmaster doesn't do anything (this is especially bad for the little elite "turtle-rock" monsters that come in patches).
    This is not a problem that is unique to AP, it has happened in every instance I go into with a Beastmaster and sometimes Bards. Turning off the auras keeps the Beastmaster safe, but also reduces the damage dealt by the entire party. Please fix "aura aggro" as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglybugger View Post
    My group consisting of a Chloromancer, Riftstalker, Inquisitor, Ranger, and Beastmaster encountered many very bad (and time consuming) bugs in an Expert Abyssal Precipice run last night.

First Boss:
    We wiped first attempt. That was not a bug; just a normal wipe. However, it may have led to the bugs we encountered on the second attempt:

The boss's abilities were out of sync. He would lay down his pillar too early, and we would run around behind it when he started to cast his big AOE spell, and by the time he finished casting the pillar would disappear (naturally, this caused us all to die instantly). We wiped once more while his abilities were out of sync. On the fourth attempt, his abilities were synchronized again and we had no problems.

Second Boss:
    We wiped first attempt right after he called out the big bird. DPS switched to the bird too soon, and the tank ended up taking too much damage from both the bird and the human boss while the healer was stunned. This was not a bug, but it may have led to the bug we encountered on the second attempt:

We engaged the human boss normally and took down his health. He did not call down the big bird. At 12%, he stopped taking damage. We were locked in an eternal battle where the boss could hurt us and continued to summon little birds, but we could not hurt him. The Chloromancer heals were still getting to the tank, even though no damage numbers were popping up over the boss. He wasn't "IMMUNE" to damage, his health pool just wasn't registering that he was taking any. After fighting him like that for three more minutes, we gave up and wiped voluntarily. Next attempt he died normally and we defeated the encounter.

PC Warrior Beastmaster aura:
    Many of the trash pulls were made more difficult due to the bug that causes Beastmaster warriors to gain aggro on a ranged tank pull, even if the Beastmaster doesn't do anything (this is especially bad for the little elite "turtle-rock" monsters that come in patches).
    This is not a problem that is unique to AP, it has happened in every instance I go into with a Beastmaster and sometimes Bards. Turning off the auras keeps the Beastmaster safe, but also reduces the damage dealt by the entire party. Please fix "aura aggro" as soon as possible.
    yeah, it happens alot. even on a first attempt Kaler can out of sync his rotations leading towards some very comical wipes. 2nd boss, never seen that before. also another funny bug is majolic, he'll just stand there (post 2nd form) which granted isnt wipe enducing. makes for a less than fufilling way to kill him.
    Dieseloctane - second rate warrior of <??>

Champion

I heard first boss could get out of sync if players use skills that slow casting, causing the pillar to vanish before casting is actually finished. Not sure if that's the real reason for it breaking, but it seems plausible.

I stopped using Kaler's pillars a while back unless he drops one in a REALLY convenient place for me. I just tank him in the mouth of the cave and los his blast around the rocks on the side. Some of our dps use the trees for the same thing.

And yeah, purple kitties make me cringe. They need to fix that soonish. It's worse than warden aggro.
    Last edited by Carolius; 04-29-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Champion

Kitty agro doesn't seem to be as bad as bard agro though...

Seriously... npc do NOT like bards music!

Shadowlander

We experience those bugs often in xAP.. First boss: Cannot use his pillar because the pillar sometimes vanish right before he cast his one shot spell.
    Second boss: happened 3 times in a row last week..become unkillable right as he calls the bird. Bird never gets to us when it happens..

The Scutters: Aweful trash mobs...we find them harder than any boss in this instance. As a rogue tank they really are a pain. I have everyone stack on my memory capture ball, instructed not to cast anything for about 4 sec after they reach us. I shadow blitz on them...rift disturbance..warp back to my capture. Pop dodge cd..planar attraction..planar strike.. Even there very often someone dies. I dunno it just feels buggy. Often they will one shot someone as they reach us even tho the only person who casted anything was me..

Also in xLH, Ereetu will not cast any crystals.. not rewarding at all.

In xIT and xRD.. the white ghosts becomes like pet..stuck to me and not attacking. We are unable to target them and we stay in combat untill for some reason they finally break free from me.

In xDD.. during his flying phase, Scarn casts his fireball aoe on a pet.. making it sometime hard to avoid..or at least thats the excuse of our mage always dying on Scarn.

Cant remember any other atm but there are plenty :P

Sez

In game bug reports, the more people send, the better chance for a hot fix!
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by KazMike View Post
    In xIT and xRD.. the white ghosts becomes like pet..stuck to me and not attacking. We are unable to target them and we stay in combat untill for some reason they finally break free from me.
    Jump on a rock/ledge - the bug is something related to how they approach players on a plane, and forcing the mob to move up or down has fixed this in every single instance I've encountered it.

The key to scuttlers is to stack up exactly on top of them or else they will charge you. They are the only set of mobs that are "only" ranged unfriendly. If you are still getting charged, you are not within melee range of the scuttlers, and when I mean stack, I mean stand in the middle of the pack lest they stunlock you to death, IE. slow-moving healers. The tricky part is that they are usually next to water elementals that have a very deadly frontal cleave.

Soulwalker

Well with Kaler, its all about your DPS. I have ran AP plenty of times and with a variety of groups and have come to a conclusion to how he will actually work.

The ice pillars that he casts are obviously timed; however, it appears that his AoE is actually DPS based. I have been in groups where we have extremely high DPS and he will cast pillars the entire fight, but will not cast a single AoE. On other runs, we have had lower DPS and this caused him to AoE after ice pillars. If your group has really bursty type DPS and not steady DPS, this can lead to him not casting an AoE for a recently summoned pillar but then cast an AoE later once a pillar has despawned.

This obviously isn't confirmed and probably isn't even intended,but my guildies and myself have all come to the same conclusion.

+ Reply to Thread