+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glubmuk question

Default Glubmuk question

A few questions regarding Glubmuk, we did DD the first time last night. Got through the first 3 bosses with no issues and then hit Glub. Figured out the adds and the ripple he drops with no issue but it seemed like his poison bolt was just destroying people.

We seemed to have particularly bad luck where the ripple and bolt would hit the same person and drop them. We are all T1 or better with a few T2 pieces.

Is there a trick we aren’t seeing to knowing where the ripples will appear or how to avoid/mitigate the poison bolt?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Kougar; 04-29-2011 at 06:02 AM.

Ascendant

the poison bolt never hit anyone in my party for more than like 2.5k(myself included)

I assume if it is capable of critting, and it does crit, it would one shot people in your group though(due to them not having toughness and the insane crit multiplier of higher end mobs)

Most of us can survive the bolt or the ripple decently well but not both, the clerics and DPS all have 4.5k to 5k hp.

The issue is when someone gets the ripple, takes a tick to get out of then gets bolted and drops.
    Last edited by Kougar; 04-29-2011 at 06:17 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kougar View Post
    Most of us can survive the bolt or the ripple decently well but not both, the clerics and DPS all have 4.5k to 5k hp.

The issue is when someone gets the ripple, takes a tick to get out of then gets bolted and drops.
    hmm

yeah as a chloro i guess thats not so much an issue for me since i run ~5k hp in my most glass cannony set.

do you have anyone with group bubble capabilities? now that ancient sourcestone drops, somebody could pick up the bubble proc, it lasts long enough to give more wiggle room.

Or, since the boss isnt too bad of a dps race(everyone doing around 400-500 will burn adds fast enough) have people switch on a higher endurance peice, i keep the baron krevic pants around for that reason since they have like 12 more endurance than darkcloth.

Plane Touched

As a cleric healer I simply heal it. If you use raid frames you can see who is going to get hit before it even happens. Use healing breath on the one getting hit and problem solved.
    Last edited by soluss; 04-29-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Ascendant

Yeah there is some luck involved until you get more geared. Like the above poster said instant heal the person getting it can solve it but I know I can barely survive a hit + ae spawning on top of me even if I move immediately. Use raid frames and heal whoever is getting hit the second it hits them and should be np the ground ae and the targeted DD never happen exactly the same time.

Thanks for the raid frames tip, will have the healers try that out.

+ Reply to Thread