+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A little oddity in FC+

Default A little oddity in FC+

Took my group into FC+ the other day for the first time since the RoS event, and headed straight to Krasimir Barionov. Immediately noticed some changes that may or may not have been intentional. As this is the hardest boss in FC+ for a new tank the way I'd always done it before was to drop into stealth and sap one of the in coming mobs on waves 2 and 3....

This time, and by time I mean all 8 wipes, we were in combat for the entire event, not only could our DPS rogues not drop into stealth to sap, but our Sin used slip away and was unable to sap, and our Bard reported that Mezz did not effect the mobs in these waves either...

Bug? Intentional Change?

Sounds like one-time bug, did FC last night with a rogue no problem.

Ascendant

Those adds are hard? News to me.

When all of the elite ones get a grow on them and the group's top dps had to spec-change to tank... yes.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Adrik Thorsen View Post
    Took my group into FC+ the other day for the first time since the RoS event, and headed straight to Krasimir Barionov. Immediately noticed some changes that may or may not have been intentional. As this is the hardest boss in FC+ for a new tank the way I'd always done it before was to drop into stealth and sap one of the in coming mobs on waves 2 and 3....

This time, and by time I mean all 8 wipes, we were in combat for the entire event, not only could our DPS rogues not drop into stealth to sap, but our Sin used slip away and was unable to sap, and our Bard reported that Mezz did not effect the mobs in these waves either...

Bug? Intentional Change?
    This fight is not about sapping the adds, it's about purging the buff they receive from Krasimir. It's easy to tell wich add has the buff because they get bigger with a golden crown above their head. An inquisitor cleric or a Necro mage can easily remove this buff. Once removed this fight is the easiest of the whole instance. ( I must admit we dont even bother to remove them now but we are all T2 geared so yeah :P )
    Last edited by KazMike; 05-01-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Adrik Thorsen View Post
    When all of the elite ones get a grow on them and the group's top dps had to spec-change to tank... yes.
    Sounds to me like you just need a better tank. I've never had a problem with that battle except when the chloro decided to throw out a spell too early and pulled aggro. Once the healer died we all quickly followed.

Also sounds like you need better DPS if they need to switch to tanking.

Rift Chaser

A better 'bug' is when a roaming abomination aggros and kills the guy trying to free Valnarra.

+ Reply to Thread