+ Reply to Thread

Thread: War master Galenir essence transfer

Default War master Galenir essence transfer

Just a quick question to anyone that knows this boss well. I'm playing a necro/warlock on this encounter and we've killed the boss but I just wanted to know a bit about the specifics of this ability.

This ability is the one that places a debuff on you and every time you make an action the boss is healed for a certain amount. On the most recent encounter on which we downed the boss, I actually managed to heal the boss for 130k due to the essence transfer. However, I'm fairly adamant that I didn't hit the boss at all during the time I had the debuff. Is there any possible cause for this ? Such as dots I already had running, pet, shambling horrors or something along those lines? Perhaps I just messed up! Just curious though.

You have to cast an ability AFTER it is placed on you in order for it to heal him. Pets and DoTs do nothing. Not sure about autoattacks though, pretty sure they don't heal him either.

Plane Touched

130k is about what one action heals him for. You let one ability go off is the jist of it. No biggie happens to all of us.

What you do need to be careful of are Channeled abilities. Very likely a tick of Soul Purge is what got you. Yes its a DoT but channeled abilities are strange. One of the Sabo dots is the same way, had a Sabo heal him for over 500k once because of that dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hecate's Lover View Post
    130k is about what one action heals him for. You let one ability go off is the jist of it. No biggie happens to all of us.

What you do need to be careful of are Channeled abilities. Very likely a tick of Soul Purge is what got you. Yes its a DoT but channeled abilities are strange. One of the Sabo dots is the same way, had a Sabo heal him for over 500k once because of that dot.
    If just one tick is capable of that then that's definitely what it was :P That's kinda crazy. :O

Telaran

Yeah its a pretty wacky mechanic, but fun.

For instance, on our kill the other day, our OT got the debuff the SECOND he was taunted off me (main tank) and managed to hit it once. Through some random dumb luck, the next time around, the EXACT same time I taunted back after stacks fell, I got the debuff.. luckily he was coming back from charging and wasn't in melee range, I was able to turn attacks off before he reached me. May not be interesting to some, but both tanks in a row,.. some weird RNG. May be good in a sense, that dps didnt get it, but at the same time, tanks pulling off eachother because we can't attack can blow up a raid because of the debuff. Made a boring fight somewhat interesting
    Last edited by Flackdamage; 04-29-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Soulwalker

actually it is only supposed to affect abilities after you name is called out but... i ran into a problem where i healed him for 4% because my wild growth was going even though I cast it beforehand. So i guess be careful with some hots and dots.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Flackdamage View Post
    Yeah its a pretty wacky mechanic, but fun.

For instance, on our kill the other day, our OT got the debuff the SECOND he was taunted off me (main tank) and managed to hit it once. Through some random dumb luck, the next time around, the EXACT same time I taunted back after stacks fell, I got the debuff.. luckily he was coming back from charging and wasn't in melee range, I was able to turn attacks off before he reached me. May not be interesting to some, but both tanks in a row,.. some weird RNG. May be good in a sense, that dps didnt get it, but at the same time, tanks pulling off eachother because we can't attack can blow up a raid because of the debuff. Made a boring fight somewhat interesting
    Indeed, this mechanic makes it a bit more fun. We've had similar things happen where the OT would get the debuff twice in a row just before he needed to taunt - and I'd have to pop on mien of leadersihp and throw myself in front of the boss, sacrificing myself (as a raid-healing cleric).
    Last edited by FatChocobo; 04-30-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Telaran

btw if your tanks taunt a bit early on the first taunt (say on 2-3 stacks) you never run into that issue. just a headsup.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Slight View Post
    btw if your tanks taunt a bit early on the first taunt (say on 2-3 stacks) you never run into that issue. just a headsup.
    Never had the same person get the debuff twice in a row, with no time in between? :]

It's fun.

+ Reply to Thread